Author Topic: If you cant read hard words dont check this  (Read 8524 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
If you cant read hard words dont check this
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2000, 01:13:00 PM »
"HI Shindi Ro!"
(subtitle: Zip It)

[This message has been edited by Citabria (edited 05-06-2000).]
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2000, 01:17:00 PM »

Originally posted by Citabria:
this is the stupidest thread I've ever seen.

have you ever lost a relative by police going into his home at 4 am, taking that relative with them with violence and never seeing him again?.Only because his political beliefs?.

My mother lost his dad that way. In 1950 Spain wasnt a rich country, exactly, but a poor destroyed country. My grandma had to go ahead with 3 little kids, alone. and 50 years after it I still dont know what happened to my grandpa. I guess they shot him. And I pray that he died with no suffering, cuz I know some torture stories, too.

Do you know what was my granddad's guilt? he fought on the republican side in the Civil War. He had some bad times after it, already.But then he commited the TREMENDOUS crime of saying in public that Franco's regimen (100% fascism those days) was unacceptable. 3 days after it he "dissapeared".

So,if you have something WISE to say, please tell it. If you dont, please RESPECT SOME THINGS THAT YOU CANT LAUGH AT!

You seem to think that all things told here,in UBB, are funny or stupid. Some aren't.Hope it is clear

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 05-06-2000).]

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2000, 01:25:00 PM »
 www.zipit.com.org

funked

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2000, 01:52:00 PM »
Citabria, shuddup.  

Rude says he's sorry, RAM says he's sorry.

They had a problem online and they settled it here.

That makes it a good thread.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2000, 01:58:00 PM »
 www.zipit.com.org

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2000, 02:00:00 PM »
Guys, now you see why Cit pisses me off.

Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2000, 02:03:00 PM »
Zippetitit zipeeet

VISCONTI

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2000, 02:16:00 PM »
RAM, i was present and surprised to see the word "Nazi" adressed to a person.
I prefer to see "F*ck you st*pid *ss h*le" than "u are a nazi?  ".

I fully agree whit you RAM, no one must adress to a person "nazi or fascist" word.

Remember that fascism and nazism was not a game, was a real problem that killed a lot of innocent people.

RAM, leave these guys alone, i was insulted whit these words a lot of time (cause i am italian) and the better things to do is not giving them the possibility to reply.

U send them to hell, ok now forget them.

PS: sry for my very poor english  

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2000, 02:22:00 PM »
 www.zipit.com.org

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2000, 02:23:00 PM »

Originally posted by Citabria:
Go read your original post RAM, how is that supposed to win respect?

"I was on a Fw190. I chased a P51 that was running away through ack, in IMHO the cowardest way to fly a P51. I was telling that to him and some people came into the discussion." -RAM

That says it all.

No, it doesnt. I had absolutely no problem with Rude until I thought he had called me "that". Then Sponge came in, too and all that toejam happened. So it has NOTHING To do with the P51 thing.dont take things out of context.

please do me the honor of being added to your squelch list.
what do I say to this?

haha

this is the stupidest thread ever.

You'll be squelched, dont worry. And ,BTW,you are laughing at my Granddad's death. I have a very low concept of people that can sleep after doing that.

Damned you, you dont deserve a single second more of my time, so I wont lose it.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2000, 02:37:00 PM »
Hi all

I just have a few words...

Rude isn't one to just run away, look at his stats... he often returns with a 5 or 6 kill sortie.  

Even if he did run into ack, who cares, afterall the ack, though not physically manned, are friendly!  It's no different to dragging an enemy plane to another friendly plane, or to a M16 or whatever.  

In some ways I would like to see a only country broadcast, as how many people would actually contact the enemy and say 'you coward' or 'your flying sucks' or whatever.  To some honourable people being called a coward is a very provoking insult, and yet others might laugh such a thing off.  For me, I am far from a good fighter pilot and I really try my hardest and most times I'm still crap at fighters and then when sometimes they channel something at you, you end up feeling angry and then thinking 'what a tosser' to the other person for letting their anger get to you!      If I ever get angry, the last thing I do is take it out on someone else...

As for 'Nazi', well, we've all lost loved ones throughout some stage of our life whether it was to Nazi's, communists or capitalists from which ever view point you have.  It is a unfortunate sign of life and we can all identify with you regarding your family experience.

Perhaps you mistook Rude's nazi taunt a little too seriously as Rude is a very great guy who is always up for a laugh.  If I was in, say, an AH squadron - RAF No 1(Fighter) Squadron flying typical RAF planes then I would expect such a comment as to be British or whatever and a little tongue-in-cheek banter.  So, with you RAM, flying mostly German aircraft in a German sqn....  

Don't get me wrong RAM, I'm not having a go or anything, just sticking up for Rude because as he's my XO, I know what he's really like!    

I remember just starting AH in February and I was in a P51 and you came in after me from a higher altitude... I had been on auto climb with eggs so I leveled out, dropped my eggs and tried to get some speed.  I then had to manouvre (Sp>?) and I ended up stalling... argh!  As there was a friendly field below I went down to get some speed and hopefully try and get some alt again.  Then I read your comments on the radio saying coward running into ack and such stuff.  At the time it really made me angry but since then... who cares?!  Everyone knows their options... but I remember seeing a film of Rude once going down into ack (when it was really pinpoint ack) a couple of times, evading ack and shooting down the nme planes...

Right... can we all be friends now?    

Regards all

'Nexx'

PS.. Hangtime, can you please return my fluffy dice to my tank please?    

[This message has been edited by Replicant (edited 05-06-2000).]
NEXX

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2000, 02:45:00 PM »
Just shutup and fly.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2000, 02:50:00 PM »
Replicant, the guy that ran in a P51 wasnt Rude, but Trpper.

Rude came into #1 asking me if I used to dogfight on Fw190, I answered that used well Fw190 could win a Dogfight,if it has enough E. he then told me that he'd love to have a fight with me,then (whenever you want, Rude   As I said online, Fw190 can do hi yoyos and loops ,and hammerheads quite well   ). He asked me,too if I thought that Fw190 was a good plane...All this in nice and good terms, and friendly chat.
Then was when I asnwered that yes, if flown properly,fw190 is a nice plane. Rude answered that yes, it was if you were a nazi   . I lost the   in that one, and i started asking if he had been serious calling me Nazi,or not. Then all that toejam happened.

I agree that in P51 you MUST run sometimes. I dont use the word Runstang any more. But ack huggin is a hole different thing...its a cowardice, IMHO, in WWII planes wont go into Acks cuz they could well be shot down by frriendly Acks.

I called Trppr coward brecause the ack hugging, not the running.

I still came close to him, and he started to win the race, then I turned home and the P51, with enough fuel (Trppr asked me If I had enough fuel to the pursuit, cuz he had more than enough), he ran away with altitude and speed advantage. That is, too a cowardice.

but again dont confuse this, Rude wasnt the guy in the P51. I hope that this now is more clear I may have said it poorly before.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 05-06-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2000, 03:11:00 PM »
Citabria, you sure are good at bushing buttons. However, there are times when pushin buttons is so easy it is really a cheapshot, no?

Say if some nonazi's beat a loved one of yours to death, it would be rather simple for me to push a button and say "hey, Cit, those dudes sure beat the crap outta [insert loved ones] huh?".

With Spain having the history it has, it is quite easy for me to understand RAM's reaction when someone calls him a nazi. Even if it is obviously clear it is a joke, it could be offensive. If it is less obvious, all it takes is a nudge to push his buttons, and once it is pushed, in the heat of the moment it is very easy to miss additional comments.

When I had a discussion (ok, argument) with Bermillion, I missed a smiley at the end of one of his comments. I didn't see it until much later even though it so obviously was there. I suspect the same happened with RAM.

Europe suffered through WWII, on all sides. European civvies, that is. The US and Canad did send combat troops, and lots of them, but mainland America did not suffer the horrific effects of full blown war. We have parents and grandparents here who as civilians experienced the brutal forces of war. That means everyone alive at the momen. As a result, maybe the memory is a little stronger here than in the US.

Losing a loved one in a war is terrible. Losin several ones and then being subjected to terror is even worse.

Just my .02, not meant to be criticism in any way.

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2000, 03:17:00 PM »
What dice?? (hang again gets them out of view)

Wasn't me man!

Gents.. this sim is a true meltingpot of nationalities and ideologies. here we have repesenatives from all races; creeds; religions and nationalities going at each other's throats every day in the worlds most deadly aircraft in emulation of the worlds most deady game... a war... the one war in modern history that had at its heart good vs evil.

Often, things are said and done that are regretted the next moment or the next day... atrocites in and out of the textbox or bbs.

I fully understand that some things,no matter how well intentioned; can be misunderstood, and misinterpeted. The English language.. the language of flight the world over; is also, oddly enuff, the most imperfect of mediums for the expression of concepts or ideas. It is more than reasonable to expect that a comment could be misconstrued.

RAM; I have great respect for your squad, and yourself.. have known you all to always be straight-up in pursuit of your mutual objectives. Rude I also have immense respect for... and have always known him to be very much the same; never know him to go for anybodys throat in the textbox.

Exclusive of any third parties involvement, allow me to say I'm glad that the two of u have reached a more equitable understanding of the events, and I wish you both well...

For the rest of us.. lets not forget that there is much we don't understand about the others we fly against; and ideologies and respective national undertones.

FACT: Flying a German aircraft does not make the pilot a nazi sympathizer or extremist. Flying a P51 does not make the pilot a wall street capitalist dog. The jury's out on those commie pinko bastids flyin rooski planes tho.. (tounge-in-cheek)

Peace; my brothers... I enjoy tremdously the community here. I'd hate to see this forum and the folks outside it jaundiced as to it's TRUE nature by an explosive cannonade of commentary as explified by the opening of this thread.

Salute all!

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.