Author Topic: If you cant read hard words dont check this  (Read 8178 times)

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
If you cant read hard words dont check this
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2000, 03:26:00 PM »
a-ha... missed that RAM..    

Well, as not being the best fighter pilot out... I will still run to ack if I am in deep doo-dah!      (but mostly only to gain speed and altitude so I can return a little higher still only to get my butt kicked! - think I've only done it once... or twice (?) to be honest)

I know what you mean about in WW2 about even friendly aircraft were shot at by ack because it was very difficult to identify friendlies etc.  Hey, I have been getting that a lot lately anyway, good job for killshooter!      Apparantly the Tiffy looked like the Fw-190 from the ground hence the under D-day markings being kept for the rest of the war!    

As for some taunts, I know that if anyone mentioned the IRA in any term then I would go ballistic whether it was a joke or not!  So, thinking of that, I can imagine the Nazi taunt if you felt so strongly against it.

Regards

'Nexx'

[This message has been edited by Replicant (edited 05-06-2000).]
NEXX

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2000, 04:05:00 PM »
Very well said hangtime  

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2000, 11:43:00 PM »
Ram contacted me on private and had enough consideration to discuss what happened regarding what was said.....we worked it out!

I for one have a new found respect for the guy....he cared enough to make it right between the two of us, and was man enough to say he was sorry.

Not bad for a guy from Spain huh?

Jus kiddin Ram

Rude Out!

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2000, 12:39:00 AM »
Salute to both of you!!  

Teapot

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2000, 12:47:00 AM »
O.K people ... it's huggy time now!  

Cheers
Teapot.

------------------
Phoenix Squadron

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2000, 12:54:00 AM »
Please!! No group hugs. Last time someone had their hand....well, it wasn't on my shoulder.  

Offline HABICHT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jagdgeschwader54.net
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2000, 03:07:00 AM »
Flying a 109G10 since my first flight in AH.
so i must me Adolf hitler personel????
and i'm form germany, wohhhhhhhhh.

a the moment, germany is the land with the
smallest patriotism in the world.
one of my hobbies is LW WWII planes.
when talking to someone about this hobby in
germany, i'm really fast a NAZI for him/her.
i must apologize for my HOBBY in germany.
THAT really sucks!!!!!!!!!
a kind of:" you know what a bf109 is?, so u
MUST be a nazi"!. this is realitiy in germany.

(at the age of 8, i knew nearlly all variants
 of the 109er series. so a young little   nazi?)

------------------

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by HABICHT (edited 05-07-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2000, 05:09:00 AM »
Habicht:

Aye, I've got German friends and family, and this topic has come up under discussions. One is a former Luftwaffe pilot (flew in the 60's) and he said that when was out in the public, he never discussed his work. When peiole asked him what he did, he just said "I am a pilot for a large organization" and didn't elaborate further.

Germany has been so wrecked with guilt that any sense of pride derived from being in the armed forces often is misunderstood as nazi-like patriotism. Now, I am not a big fan of patriotism, thinking that arbitrary lines on a map shouldn't dictate who to like/dislike/kill and so forth, and the values I support are all humanitarian and readily adoptable by all cultures. But *still*. Was watching the European Championships in soccer in '92 when one of my oldest brother's friends said, when seeing the German fans, "that patriotism is pure nazism". *That* told me how bad it was; if there's one thing I am a true blood flag waving hand-to-the-heart patriot about, it is soccer. This attitude seems to exist to comparatively large degree in the world.

Now, RAM is a great guy. One night, there was a misunderstanding between him and me, which lead to me hutning a Spit while he engaged two hi 38's, thinking I covered his 6. He was shot down, got a little angry and basically just asked me "where the HELL were you?!?". The next day I saw an apology on the JG2 board, even though the fault was mine for not reading the text buffer (can you say target fixation?).

Looks like rude and ram can work it out like Real Men(tm)  .

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2

Offline NineZ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.user.shentel.net/vonz/jagdneun.html
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
Good comments StSanta and Hangtime.  

Sorry about your relatives RAM.

JagdNine (Musketeer Escadrille)

[This message has been edited by NineZ (edited 05-07-2000).]

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2000, 10:41:00 AM »
I still ain't huggin none of you bastards.

------------------
Fatty
Fat Drunk Bastards
"I ain't givin none of you bastards a hug who ain't bought me at least 6 beers."

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2000, 10:56:00 AM »
Sniff........sniff........not eeeeeven me?

Offline crabofix

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2000, 11:10:00 AM »

Originally posted by Beefcake:
Guys, now you see why Cit pisses me off.

Yes, there´s some guys that just dont know when to stop.
Sooner or later they´ll find themself being very lonly.

"just added another one to the squelch list"

------------------

BORK,BORK,BORK!!!"
Crabofix <What happend?...:A stranger morgie turndee burndee ,flip flip flip flip flip flip>
Flygflottlj.19(Lento R5)"swedish Gladiators"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2000, 11:46:00 AM »
Hugs aside, Hang, you spoke well.

I want to share something with you people.

I am a second removed generation German Jew.  My family was protected by another German family during WWII.
This family died in an air raid and my great-grandmother and her daughter escaped by using the families papers to get to America.
My great-grandmother decided to keep that families name, to honor them and to allow thier name to live.
Through the generations we have been told the story by our parents and once a year, on the day of that fateful bombing, which changed so many lives, forever, we honor that family that gave thier lives so we could live.
My children do it, and thier children will do it.
That day is ceremoniously closed with the following statement;
"We cannot change the past, but we pray the future never forgets it".

Each generation of our family has a picture of the family that gave thier lives to protect us.

History has been very unkind to many Germans.  The Nazi regime was but a small faction of the overall population of Germany.  Most Germans hated this regime, but were terrified of it.
Many Germans that fought during WWII, were not Nazis, but were people like you and me, and only fought with the Nazis out of fear for thier families lives.

With that perspective, calling anyone a Nazi, to me, is no different than calling a black person a n*gg**.

Those of you may recall the other day, when HiTech booted a person out of the arena for using the latter word, repeatedly.
Everyone was pretty happy that HiTech did that, including me.

Yet, the word Nazi, is not considered as harsh.  The closest analogy I can come up with would be, Would Americans like to be called "slave owners", even in gest?

Please note, my point here is just to remind us all, we as a global community, may not be as aware of how things can be taken, when those things did not have a direct impact on our lives.

Just rememeber, any slang term used to reference any race of people, will probably cause some amount of pain to someone in our global community.

Okay, now for a group hug  

------------------
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
President, AppLink Corp.
http://www.applink.net
skuzzy@applink.net
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2000, 01:41:00 PM »

Originally posted by Rude:

Not bad for a guy from Spain huh?    

Jus kiddin Ram    

OUCH RUDE!!!    
<S> and sorry again. You are, really, a nice guy.

Skuzzy, I salute the family that risked its existence to help people in such peril as your Grandmother and mother.
 But I also Salute! you and your family because your actions in memory of them. Many people forget about people that helps in some bad times...it is awesome to see that you keep in your minds and in your souls a great respect and admiration for them,and its good to see, also,that you honour their memory keeping their name alive.

There is really a lot of nice people in this world...it is wonderful to know it.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 05-07-2000).]

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2000, 04:08:00 PM »
20 years ago; I was stationed in West Germany for over a year. I lived on the 'economy' off post in a little town called Birkenfeld.

This town was leveled by a B17 raid in 1944; just a few miles away was a large german panzer training base called Baumholder. The rail network for the area was between Birkenfeld and Baumholder; and tho the town was not specificly targeted; it was utterly destroyed. Many hundreds of townspeople lost loved ones...

I was befriended by an older gentleman who lived in my apartment block. One spring day; he came to my door and said 'come; bitte'. There was a smallish procession of people waiting outside, all of us quietly walked from the town; out into the woods and up the hill overlooking the town.

I was taken to the site of a bomber crash; the mangled remains of a B17 I'd guess; hardly recognizable as a plane, only the engines made the wreckage discrnable as an aircraft..

Near to the remmanants was a stone cross... and the townspeople had come to lay a wreath. I was greatly moved... these people had lost so much; suffered so much. And they come there every year to honor those that did this to them.

I asked "Why do you do this.. " The reply was "We were not, and are not Nazis. We honor those American airmen that died here, who fought to stop the Evil Austrian.. they died so far from home. We fought against Hitler too; but we could not fight with guns... we had to find other ways. We hid from them the jews; we hid our young people... we did other things too. We honor these brave flyers for what they did, for their sacrafice... and we wish you to understand that not all Germans are nazis."

Quite a lesson for a very young very prejudiced 19 year old boy a long way from home... but we get our civics lessons, the ones that matter; in odd surroundings sometimes.

For what its worth....

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.