Author Topic: Rosie ODonnell  (Read 1218 times)

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2004, 02:04:27 PM »
LOL a freekin lesbian a real roll model for kids:rofl

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Re: Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2004, 02:04:52 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I just don't get it.

Why the hatred by the right wingers?

Here is a woman who basically espouses almost all of the conservative ideals and lives them.

She cleaned up daytime TV almost singlehandedly by introducing a talk show that maintained a G7 rating. Before her, almost every new show was a Jerry Springer clone.

She Walks the walk when it comes to family values.. including fighting for 'at risk' kids and pushing adoptions of older children in need.

She has become a financial success through hard work and prudent choices.

She has publicly apologized for her misinformed one sided stance on handgun control.

So tell me... why the hate?

I find her annoying and unfunny. No real hatred, just sick of her exerting her existance on media culture(oxymoron?).

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2004, 02:30:37 PM »
I seen her attack sellec on a clip...   I disslike her for that I have no idea what her current views are but at the time she had ARMED bodyguards.    I don't know how you would respect someone so hypocritical and condencending.

lazs

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2004, 02:37:40 PM »
She's a kook.  She called the  gay people getting married in San Francisco "Law abiding citizens."

I could go on with the things she said.. I think we've all heard them.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2004, 02:46:23 PM »
"This is unbelievable. I am outraged and beside myself. This is a travesty. Shame on the federal government." — Stewart's friend Rosie O' Donnell, in a statement issued through her publicist.

Rosie is like a dog that won't let go of its toy.  At first it is sort of entertaining, in the end she ends up being annoying and you want to smack it on the head.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2004, 02:46:46 PM »
LOL a freekin lesbian a real roll model for kids

I don't aprove of her sex life (not that it's any of my bussiness), and wouldn't hold it up as an ok example for my kids.  but she doesn't make an issue of it on the show (does she even still have a show?) and everything considered I'd rather have my kids watch her than springer.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2004, 02:49:21 PM »
The problem with Rosie is that she's rude.  You don't invite someone on your daytime tv show for a friendly interview, then turn around and attack them for something they aren't (Rosie kept trying to cast Tom as a spokesman for the NRA, which he kept saying he wasn't - he was just a regular ol' member).  Tom did the right thing by leaving.  Rosie's behavior was uncalled for and Tom did the right thing by not even dignifying her with a fight.

I thought she was annoying when she did the emcee job on the cable tv Friday night comedy shows (I think it was HBO or Cinemax).  Then she went to MTV and later to motion pictures as, ta-da, the loud-mouth obnoxious fat friend of Madonna.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2004, 02:59:13 PM »
I looked for info about this show, and the transcript I found doesn't mention Tom Selleck leaving in the middle of the interview.  Is this the same one y'all are talking about?

http://www.nrawinningteam.com/norosie.html
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2004, 03:12:21 PM »
Chair
 Thats it, but that one ends a bit different. He did for sure walk out and I remeber it being much more abrubtly.

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2004, 03:31:44 PM »
I don't hate her.  I reserve that emotion for times when it's important.

But, after she went into her Washington DC anti-gun rant while be protected by armed guards I totally lost any interest in anything she does or says.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2004, 03:35:17 PM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992
"
Rosie is like a dog that won't let go of its toy.  At first it is sort of entertaining, in the end she ends up being annoying and you want to smack it on the head.

ROTFLOL!!!!:rofl :rofl

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2004, 03:44:15 PM »
Overall, I was impressed with her in the Bill O'Reilly interview last year.

Yes, she's done a lot of good and strikes me as a decent person.

But there's also a fair amount I disagree with her on.  And in today's society, if you kindly disagree, that gets blown out of proportion into "why do people who share the same views as me not see things her way"

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2004, 03:44:34 PM »
Didn't someone on the BB once say let's send her to Canada.
One mad cow for one mad cow.......I second the motion.

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2004, 04:25:08 PM »
Reasons for not liking her...

• saying that we should stop teaching math in schools because we have calculators (hell, that would stop most advanced research)
  • she arrogant, obnoxious and loud (vs the marginally acceptable person on her show)
  • she's hypocritical (the gun issue as others mentioned)
  • doesn't have restraint (she claimed her gun position was 'uninformed', that means she was ignorant)
  • she's a lesbian (I don't care if it's not PC...nature doesn't let gays marry, care for young, or propogate)
  • she acts rather self-important just because she's a celebrity (a little humility would be nice since it is the people who made her a celebrity)

There.  MT if you wish to call me a bigot because I don't like her since she's a lesbian.  Then I will be considered a bigot by you.

OTOH, if you to consider me a small shrubbery because I don't like her since she's a lesbian, then I will be considered a small shrubbery by you.  Either way, it doesn't matter.

She will still be a lesbian, I will not accept homosexuals as I do heterosexuals and you will consider me whatever you will consider me.  Nothing will change.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2004, 04:27:22 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
She cleaned up daytime TV almost singlehandedly by introducing a talk show that maintained a G7 rating. Before her, almost every new show was a Jerry Springer clone.

To say 'almost singlehandedly' is a bit disingenuous.

You give her too much credit.  Oprah carried much more weight (sorry for the pun) than Rosie did for this IMO.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High