Author Topic: Rosie ODonnell  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2004, 07:52:42 PM »
Of course, even a blind chicken stumbles across a piece of corn once in a while.

It's a guide book with some good data, plus a LOT of editorializing thrown in.  It's essentially an ancient Almanac (SAFETY TIP: Some shellfish can have disease, so try and avoid it to stay safe!) that a bunch of people have killed others over, and to this day are trying to use as a club to knock everyone into submission.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline bpti

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2004, 07:53:46 PM »
she's a nasty fat butch.
enuff said

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2004, 07:57:18 PM »
Originally posted by bpti
she's a nasty fat butch.
enuff said

"Your honor, in light of the prosecution witness's outburts, the defense rests."
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2004, 08:10:15 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Evidence of homosexuality abounds in nature. If it's procreation that is your bugaboo, I guess you hate all those women who've had hysterectomies too.

Homosexual penguin pair.. Central Park Zoo.

WTF is this inane tripe???  I hope you are not basing your arguement on women with hysterectomies and a single homosexual pair of penguins.

No, I don't hate women with hysterectomies and I don't see these penguins redesigning someone apartment, filing for marriage, or telling society that they have to be accepted and anyone that disagrees is bigoted or simply just plain wrong.

First, it appears you are trying to be cute about women.  It's just stupid, so please stop it.

Second, if you were to compare the number of 'partnered' homosexual penguins to the whole number of penguins it would be extremelyl insignificant.  It wouldn't even be a stretch to consider it an extremely rare singularity.

Third, nature does have hiccups.  There are miscarriages, stillbirths, SIDS, deformities, diseases, syndromes, et al.  These are not what is typically considered normal, hence the name abnormalty.

These anomolies happen simply due to statistics.  You produce enough penguins, then eventually you will have a gay penguin.  Enough monkeys type on a typewriter, then you will have a Shakespearen work.

Lastly, I haven't heard any 'intelligent' reason that I have to accept homosexuality as 'normal'.  Call it PC, be militant and tell me that I have to, argue about women with hysterectomies and partnered penguins...there just aren't enough compelling reasons.

Just because there are gay people who say that they deserve this and that doesn't make it right.  And for society to kow tow to them is pathetically sad simply because they are afraid of upsetting people or being sued.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2004, 08:13:48 PM »
Originally posted by Drunky
Reasons for not liking her...

• saying that we should stop teaching math in schools because we have calculators (hell, that would stop most advanced research)
  • she arrogant, obnoxious and loud (vs the marginally acceptable person on her show)
  • she's hypocritical (the gun issue as others mentioned)
  • doesn't have restraint (she claimed her gun position was 'uninformed', that means she was ignorant)
  • she's a lesbian (I don't care if it's not PC...nature doesn't let gays marry, care for young, or propogate)
  • she acts rather self-important just because she's a celebrity (a little humility would be nice since it is the people who made her a celebrity)

[/B]

MT, you manage to address one of my reasons.  How about the rest?

Or is being gay simply a buzz word/hot topic to be defended now that we are all being PC or sued these days?

What if I said that I don't like her because she is also fat?  Am I bordering on the PC threshold?
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2004, 08:42:01 PM »
"She has publicly apologized for her misinformed one sided stance on handgun control.

If this is true, then she just becomes another TV personality that I 'surf' past.   I have no feelings about her (good or bad).

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2004, 09:28:40 PM »
Reasons for not liking her...

• saying that we should stop teaching math in schools because we have calculators (hell, that would stop most advanced research)
  • she arrogant, obnoxious and loud (vs the marginally acceptable person on her show)
  • she's hypocritical (the gun issue as others mentioned)
  • doesn't have restraint (she claimed her gun position was 'uninformed', that means she was ignorant)
  • she's a lesbian (I don't care if it's not PC...nature doesn't let gays marry, care for young, or propogate)
  • she acts rather self-important just because she's a celebrity (a little humility would be nice since it is the people who made her a celebrity)

[/B]

Can find no reference to the calculator quote.. maybe she was joking, she did work as a pretty successful stand-up comic for a while.

Go look up hypocritical. Saying "I was wrong" is not it.

She spoke about something she wasn't an expert on... gotcha.. the *****!:rolleyes:

Acts self important... You never saw her show did you? Her success was due in large part to her awe at the celebreties she was interviewing. She was the ordinary person put into extraordinary circumstances. Self-important doesn't apply.

and you're still a shrubbery!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 09:45:46 PM by midnight Target »

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2004, 10:22:52 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Can find no reference to the calculator quote.. maybe she was joking, she did work as a pretty successful stand-up comic for a while.

Was in the Houston Chronicle...I actually cut it out and taped it to my cubicle wall for others to see.  This was about four or five years ago.

Go look up hypocritical. Saying "I was wrong" is not it.

You are correct.  In as much as saying, "I was wrong" is not it.  Using armed guards while denouncing guns is it.

She spoke about something she wasn't an expert on... gotcha.. the *****!:rolleyes:

I find this irreprehensible.  If you find the backlash undesirable, then don't speak before you are well informed...especially if you are a celebrity.  If you are a celebrity and spout off from the hip, expect to get ***** slapped from time to time for your ignorant remarks.  What is it about that celebrities that they think that they have all the answers and that only theirs are correct anyways?

Acts self important... You never saw her show did you? Her success was due in large part to her awe at the celebreties she was interviewing. She was the ordinary person put into extraordinary circumstances. Self-important doesn't apply.

Yes it still does apply.  I commented on her deamenor off camera as opposed to on camera.  Hmmm.  Just because Jeanine Garrafalo kisses a man in "The Truth About Cats and Dogs" doesn't make her heterosexual.  It's her off stage/camera/film actions that define her.  Case in point, Rosie in real life is not the 'charming' person you see on her show.  Rossanne also comes to mind.

and you're still a shrubbery!

I don't mind that.

At least I can sleep at night, even as a shrubbery, knowing that I stand up for what I believe in and haven't rolled over and blindly, docilely, and obediently accepted whatever crap is pouring out of the media.

Realize that my values are not dictacted by the current societal menstral flow.  Just because it's vogue to be gay doesn't make a) it right or b) that I will accept it.  

Keep in mind, even if the whole world were to argue that white is black, gravity goes up, 1 + 2 = 4, and that Ryan Seacrest actually is talented...it still doesn't make it so.

I argue again...what if most of the world thought that sex with children was 'normal'?  Would you just blindly give your sons and daughters up to the crowd or would you say, "No...this isn't right"?
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2004, 01:26:00 AM »
Rosie is hard to look at. Harder to listen to, and harder yet to associate with.

More power to you if you find her appealing.

When I look at her, all I can think about is how long it will be before she'll fall asleep and how much inertia it will require to tip her into what she's been shoveling.

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2004, 01:50:27 AM »
Originally posted by Capt. Pork
Rosie is hard to look at. Harder to listen to, and harder yet to associate with.

More power to you if you find her appealing.

When I look at her, all I can think about is how long it will be before she'll fall asleep and how much inertia it will require to tip her into what she's been shoveling.

LOL I love it:rofl :aok

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2004, 08:56:09 AM »
Hell.... I act self important and have been wrong and appolodgized.... sometimes all in the same thread (see taurus thread) but.... everyone loves me.

I don't like her.. and she is a liberal and not ashamed of it.  

lazs

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2004, 10:05:18 AM »
What is it about that celebrities that they think that they have all the answers and that only theirs are correct anyways?

This is true for everyone, celebrities just have an outlet.  Deep down inside everything thinks that what they say is right.  Oddly enough, if they found out they were misinformed some choose to apologize to whomever they made the statement.  

Celebrities have media outlets common people don't.  They spout their opinions, and just like everyone else, believe they are the truth.  If they find out they are wrong, some apologize.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2004, 10:42:49 AM »
the bible says you cannot eat shellfish and that you have to grow a beard. Stop defying the word of god.

Offline Samiam

• Nickel Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2004, 12:46:33 PM »
What is it about that celebrities that they think that they have all the answers and that only theirs are correct anyways?

What is it about people on this BBS that think they have all the answers and that....

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2004, 03:57:42 PM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
the bible says you cannot eat shellfish and that you have to grow a beard. Stop defying the word of god.

You obviously don't understand how to interpret the bible properly:
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.