Author Topic: Rosie ODonnell  (Read 1219 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rosie ODonnell
« on: March 11, 2004, 01:36:04 PM »
I just don't get it.

Why the hatred by the right wingers?

Here is a woman who basically espouses almost all of the conservative ideals and lives them.

She cleaned up daytime TV almost singlehandedly by introducing a talk show that maintained a G7 rating. Before her, almost every new show was a Jerry Springer clone.

She Walks the walk when it comes to family values.. including fighting for 'at risk' kids and pushing adoptions of older children in need.

She has become a financial success through hard work and prudent choices.

She has publicly apologized for her misinformed one sided stance on handgun control.

So tell me... why the hate?

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 01:37:14 PM »
Though she has softened it up somewhat, I dislike her for her rabid anti-gun stance.

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 01:38:49 PM »
I dislike her because she is Gay and anti gun.
Sorry but you asked.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 01:41:54 PM »
MT
 Do you have a link for this "She has publicly apologized for her misinformed one sided stance on handgun control."

That was my main reason for not liking here. I saw her show when she ambushed Tom Seleck on guns and he walked of the set. She came of as a total *****.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 01:45:08 PM »
I never paid much attention to her until her interview with Tom Selleck.  At that point I found out on ignorant, selfish, and close-minded she was.  If you watch that interview, you'll see she was out looking for a fight.  Ironic too, since she uses armed body guards, but hey, thats okay for a Limosine liberal!  Its not okay for YOU though...

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 01:45:11 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
MT
 Do you have a link for this "She has publicly apologized for her misinformed one sided stance on handgun control."

That was my main reason for not liking here. I saw her show when she ambushed Tom Seleck on guns and he walked of the set. She came of as a total *****.

I saw it too. It was right after the Columbine killings. I saw here apologize to Mr. Seleck on her show, and later say she was wrong on gun conmtrol during her interview with Bill O'Reilly.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 01:45:42 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
I never paid much attention to her until her interview with Tom Selleck.  At that point I found out on ignorant, selfish, and close-minded she was.

personal attacks are bad.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 01:47:09 PM »

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2004, 01:50:02 PM »
Big hugs

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 01:50:06 PM »
I bet much of the hate for her is because she is unatracive and loud mouthed! lol.

Interesting. MT do you think she changed her mind for real, or changed her mind because she got so much flack for her stance that it was hurting her show or rep?

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2004, 01:52:12 PM »
I nevar had a problem with two ton rosie.  Liked her actually, then she mouthed off in a bad way about me and my guns and I havent payed any attention to her since then.

Does she still have a talk show?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2004, 01:56:19 PM »
She made a lifetimes worth of money in 6 years on her show, her change of heart was not economically driven.

I think she is a person who wears her feelings on her sleeve, and probably acts out of emotion as often as insight. This is what brought her fame, and it is what developed her anti-gun stance. She canceled her show the day after Columbine. She broke down in tears the next day. I am pretty certain it wasn't an act. I think she often spoke without thinking and this is the result. By and large however, she is a very good person. She doesn't deserve the hate.

And BTW, if you hate her because she's gay.. that makes you a bigot. Just so ya know.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2004, 01:58:17 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I saw here apologize to Mr. Seleck on her show, and later say she was wrong on gun conmtrol during her interview with Bill O'Reilly.

I never saw this, probably would have a different opinion of her...but, she politicizes everything she does. I prefer someone who is in the entertainment business to entertain. If you want to become a politician, then run for office.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2004, 01:59:22 PM »
I would like to say I had disdain for her.

I never hated her. I can say I hate no one, other then MAYBE OBL.

Hate is a horible thing to have in your life. I know. I did not hate just anyone, I hated my dad,  It was a burning living thing, luckly for me, it did notlast long, and we worked things out.

I am not sure some people here really know what hate is.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Rosie ODonnell
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2004, 02:01:39 PM »
no real hatered for her from me,  she just gets on my nerves, if I was going to siit down and listen to what someone had to say,  she would be near the bottom of the list of people I'd want to be talking.

btw- I do have to agree with you about her cleaning up daytime tv.  I saw her show a coulpe times and it's one of the only daytime shows on free-tv that I'd let my kids watch.  also it seemed like many of the other shows cleaned up somewhat after she was on.