Author Topic: got one of my little commie guns today..  (Read 3840 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
got one of my little commie guns today..
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2004, 08:38:16 AM »
yes... and I have shot many of the good ones.   I am simply saying that the Kimber is the best deal out of the box.   I have this reaffirmed every time I shot a different 1911.   My son bought a springfield... it has a couple of little minor problems but I would have been very happy with it if I hadn't shot the Kimber.  

lazs

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2004, 08:43:51 AM »
Lazs is correct about Kimber's being the best out of the box.

But anyway, I've heard that the Beretta's come apart really easily.  Especially when it's not needed.

Any truth to this?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2004, 08:49:25 AM »
I would say that a Wilson combat is superior to a lower priced Kimber but...  oddly, the Wilson I shot was a $1,700 gun and it jammed with two of the magazines that shot fine in my Kimber... It felt good but I didn't like all the oversize and ambidexterious stuff and... the Kimber felt slimmer and better in my hand.   They both shot good groups at 25 yards but the owner of the Wilson shot a better group with my Kimber.   I couldn't tell much difference.  The wilson seemed bigger and fatter to me.  Mine is the lower priced Kimber.. the Eclipse custom... fixed night sights.

great bedside gun.

lazs

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2004, 09:13:41 AM »
Hey Laz 25yards or 25 feet?

At 75 feet my front blade almost always covers my target or a good portion of it that its hard to aim at any one precise point.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2004, 11:20:41 AM »
With out question Kimbers are the best out of the box producion gun. As I mentioned I have a few and love them dearly. I have never seen anyone have a problem with them what so ever.

Wolf im almost certain lazs means 25yards.

AKIron if you are going to get into original 1911's learn and read everything you can. They arent as bad as winchester rifles which I collect also but still can be screwed with, re-blued or made out to be what they are not.

Alot of things changed over the years with the gov't contracted 1911's. Hammers, main spring housings, clips, sights, triggers and just about every external and some internal parts had a variant through out it history of production.

First thing I do when I pick up a 1911 and start looking at it, I pick it apart. Figure out what date it was made, then check to see if it has all of the right parts...

ALSO, get a book that tells you where all of the govn't contracted colts where shipped to. Some when to very important people, and all of them have papers from colt which you can get copies of saying so. If you get one that went to a important govn't official, it will be worth much more than one that was just crated up and shipped to the armory ect. Hope that makes sence.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2004, 11:38:13 AM »
Appreciate the tip Morpheus.

Here's my new one:
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2004, 02:12:48 PM »
yes.. 25 yards is about the closest I bother to shoot at.

lazs

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2004, 02:21:57 PM »
Just back from the range where I fired 100 rnds. Didn't really notice the increased recoil between the Beretta 9MM and the Glock 45 until I relaxed my grip a bit. Then I certainly noticed it. I really like 'em both. Now I can shoot zombies with both hands at same time. Just gotta get that 90 degree tip down before I am truly kewl. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2004, 02:33:43 PM »
I am beggining to rethink my zombie philosophy...  I am still a fan of handguns in 357, 44 or 45 or bigger but...  the dawn of the dead zombies (and some of the section 8 local ones)are a new breed of athletic zombies and a head shot may be difficult..  

My model 97 trench gun 12 guage shotgun would work very well on the fleet, nimble zombies.

The 44 might knock em off balance long enough to get the head shot if you hit em solidly in the torso tho.  

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2004, 08:29:06 AM »
yep... only logical choice.. preferably open cylinder pump gun with extended magazine.   double ought buck to assure one or two pellets to the brain pan of even the fleetest of zombies...  the local section 8 zombies are rather sluggish and easy to pot with a handgun... the handgun is still king for portability and the the ability to keep hands free.

I bet the little 44 mag would knock em off balance tho.

lazs