Author Topic: got one of my little commie guns today..  (Read 3883 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
got one of my little commie guns today..
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2004, 03:45:04 PM »
I looked at the Sigs, they were a little too pricey for me. My brother went with me to the range, he was recommending the three I tried. He flies for American and just signed up for their handgun program. When he finishes they will give him a Sig, though he's not sure which model. He has to pass a psyche eval first, I told him they'll probably take his driver license away, much less give him a gun. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2004, 03:51:04 PM »
Thats the draw back to a Sig, they are spendy.

I got my P220 a back in 93 or 94, I have never had any kind of failure, that was not my fault(spring put back in wrong).

Of all the handguns I own it is the only one I trust 100%. I do not own a glock, or a Berreta though.

I bet he gets a Sig 228.

Offline RKBA

• Zinc Member
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2004, 12:28:38 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
I looked at the Sigs, they were a little too pricey for me. My brother went with me to the range, he was recommending the three I tried. He flies for American and just signed up for their handgun program. When he finishes they will give him a Sig, though he's not sure which model. He has to pass a psyche eval first, I told him they'll probably take his driver license away, much less give him a gun. ;)

I'm suprised he's getting a Sig.  The pilots are supposed to get H&K USP .40's.  Thats the reason H&K is building a new factory in Columbus, GA.  Also H&K has come out with a new modified M4 upper for the AR-15/M16 system, and they have increased the reliability of the system by 30%

BTW I'm sold on and love my USP .45

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2004, 02:31:44 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
You are safer now than in '96?   How does having higher crime rates make you safer exactly?

one thing tho... probly some of the best locks in the world will be coming out of england.

lazs
Because I feel safe sleeping at night with the windows open without keeping a gun beside the bed. You don't.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2004, 03:19:16 AM »
just because you feel safer doesn't mean you are safer.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Re: got one of my little commie guns today..
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2004, 07:16:19 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Got one of the three Makarovs I bought today (stupid one gun a month California law)..

LOL :lol :rofl :lol :rofl
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2004, 07:57:55 AM »
beetle... you were the one telling me that my locks were no good ...  why do you even need locks... oh wait... you have those "free range burglars" there don't you?

gatt... you think the one gun a month law is funny?   How so?

lazs

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2004, 08:59:37 AM »
Lazs ,
from my italian POV, where is so difficult to buy a gun officially, its so funny reading about you whining becouse you cannot get more than a montly gun ;) :) :rofl
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2004, 09:02:03 AM »
well... we have even worse laws than that but that was the one that applied.

I do not feel the government or any human being has the right to tell me how many or what kind of guns I own.

lazs

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2004, 09:06:04 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Good for you AKIron, I'm sure the BEretta won't let you down. Shooting pistols is fun. :)

Lucky for me you don't have to know how to spell it to use it. ;)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2004, 09:14:44 AM »
When I was young and reckless I owned a Smith & Wesson K38 Masterpiece (6" barrell). It was a real beauty ...

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2004, 01:10:56 PM »
My first centerfire revolver was a Smith and Wesson 6" K38 masterpiece...  It was also the first gun I reloaded ammo for to combat the outrageous 4-5 dollar a box factory ammo price.    

I also bought a K22 masterpiece latter.   those seemed like two of the most accurate handguns I have ever owned.

My Dan Wesson in 44 mag is pretty close tho...  The thing shoots very well.

lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2004, 01:21:10 AM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
just because you feel safer doesn't mean you are safer.
Indeed. Many people feel safer if they have a gun to hand, but the stats tell a different story. The US police are armed to the teeth, and yet about 70 are slain each year in the line of duty. In Britain, beat cops are unarmed (though that is changing slowly) and in most years none is killed. Hmmm.

Lazs!
beetle... you were the one telling me that my locks were no good ... why do you even need locks... oh wait... you have those "free range burglars" there don't you?
You've been burgled at your house in Dixon, and I have never been burgled anywhere. Yeah, the locks on my house are pretty good, as is the alarm and the automatic floodlight which comes on during darkness if anyone approaches my front door.

Q.E.D. :aok

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2004, 08:43:45 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Indeed. Many people feel safer if they have a gun to hand, but the stats tell a different story. The US police are armed to the teeth, and yet about 70 are slain each year in the line of duty. In Britain, beat cops are unarmed (though that is changing slowly) and in most years none is killed. Hmmm.

Lazs!  You've been burgled at your house in Dixon, and I have never been burgled anywhere. Yeah, the locks on my house are pretty good, as is the alarm and the automatic floodlight which comes on during darkness if anyone approaches my front door.

Q.E.D. :aok

Your numbers seem to be a bit out of date Beet1e and the rate in the US is declining.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/leok.htm#leokweap

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2004, 08:59:13 AM »
I have never been burgaled while I was home beetle... something most of my countrymen can say but not so many of yours.  If you go by per capita of course.  Sooo... it would seem you are taking a big chance and getting lucky.   living in the right areas helps but you are much more likely to have burglars break in while you are home  if yu live in england than if you do in the U.S.

lazs