Author Topic: why the gang bangin ?  (Read 416 times)

-towd_

why the gang bangin ?
« on: March 01, 2000, 11:39:00 PM »
just logged after tryin to fight the bishops and knights for hours we were down to 3 bases and had a group of bishops doin the 2 17s for ack and 9 fighters on spawn point crap to effortlessly take bases from us ,this is startin to happen alot , once again why are there 3 sides in a ww2 sim?

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2000, 12:57:00 AM »
Has to do with HT's dreams & working too hard...GET A RAISE HT !!!  

*HDR*

------------------
Saw/Saintaw
KNIGHT'S FINEST FLYING BRICK

JG2 "Richthofen"
"Firepower Mate, that is what separates the men from the boys..."

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 03-02-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2000, 01:09:00 AM »
Your right,should be 4 sides  

Towd,ya jnow that every night is different countries thats out numbered. So whats the beef?

Just sit on the runway & be a nice still target!

------------------
Wardog = 357th Pony Express =
== Death From Behind ==

[This message has been edited by Wardog (edited 03-02-2000).]

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2000, 06:50:00 AM »
All countries take their turn getting boned!

"Getting Boned"  Just a fact of AH life once in awhile.  

But sitting an aircraft on the spawn point is probably the lowest scum on whale crap thing to do.  To be honest, that is the only way some pilots can score kills.

------------------

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by Swager (edited 03-02-2000).]
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2000, 06:57:00 AM »
I'm afraid the Spit V has just too damn fast a takeoff roll and turn rate. Without a HUGE cap, it's just become a whole lot harder for a C47 to get in a  base without this plane popping up, getting in the air and strafing a para in the space of a few seconds. So I sympathise with the sitting-on-the-runway, even if I don't and won't do it myself.

I'm just glad this will be fixed fairly soon with the ground vehicles.

------------------

[This message has been edited by -duma- (edited 03-02-2000).]

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2000, 07:22:00 AM »

Originally posted by Swager:
All countries take their turn getting boned!

"Getting Boned"  Just a fact of AH life once in awhile.    

I guess the bishcuits and nits turns are only 1 day out of the week?  Which day is this, so I can restrict my flying activities to that day.  99.5% of the time it's a nit-bish gangbang on the rooks, with the nits and bish ignoring each other until they meet at field 3, 11, or 19 (depending on which land we rooks hold).  And even then I've seen bish bombers being protected by nit fighters and vice versa.

I think the bish and nits are just scared of the Rooks, which is why they are constantly gangbanging us.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »
Really, I think it stems back to the early Beta days. Rooks almost always had the numbers and used them to kick the stuff out of Bishland. Knights were barely represented but they got some hammering from Rookland too. Now that things are more even overall I think that there remains a "payback" attitude.

Also, I just think the side with the "most charming" personalities on Channel 1 gets the most attention.  

Bragging of your country/squad/personal might and prowess on Arena Common seems to draw some attention. That isn't surprising, is it?

From what I see in the buffer, Rookland leads in "greatness broadcasts". Of course, I KNOW there's disagreement here; we all have our own perceptions.

Then when it "payback" time, the tears and sobbing begin.  

What goes around comes around and overall, each country takes it's turn in the barrel.

[This message has been edited by Toad (edited 03-02-2000).]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2000, 08:52:00 AM »
"What goes around comes around and overall, each country takes it's turn in the barrel."

can ya hit a nail on the head any harder!!

I can recall many times i've come in to the arena with only 3 bish fields...and the Rooks seem to always have a few more in terms of pilot numbers than the Bish.

------------------
- "if at first you don't succeed....so much for sky diving."

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2000, 08:53:00 AM »
TOWD,

<S>

I was in that in that mess at F4 last nite, one of the few times that I have participated in a "vultch" (usually I am in your situation trying to save a base) you and your fellow spit drivers just kept coming up keeping an effective defense.

------------------
Milo

"A MiG on your 6 is better than no MiG at all"

JG2 "Richthofen"

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2000, 09:19:00 AM »
man this topic kills me! I fly bishops, and I have always gone after the enemy... knights and rooks......... we always fight two fronts.. there is no secret tready, no secret pact, and it's nothin against rooks! there has been many time when i thought we were getting gang banged, then a rook gets online and say knights and bishops are gang bangin the rooks... again! i understand that if you are being attacked from both sides, by two different teams, you feel like everyones against you........ well they are! keep in mind that the other two teams are also being attacked from both sides, by two differtent teams.

that'll be two cents please........

------------------
Nathan "NATEDOG" Mathieu
Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE SQUAD=-

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2000, 09:27:00 AM »
And to add to that, numbers are usually 40:20:15, Rook:Bishop:Knight.   I hate it as much as anyone when a team is down to a couple fields with no reset, and have been vocal about it. Wish there was another way...

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2000, 09:33:00 AM »
It's funny to hear some of these guys moan and groan about other people playing fair when they are the worst out there.(nothing against you -towd_)

Who was it that would attack a country that had little to no fighters and take all but 3 bases then sit on them all day just so they could vulch and then got on open channel and brag about how good they were?

Who was it that did this on the night of a senario and made the comment that they might just keep it this way for a week?

I used to check the roster when I first came in so I could go to the side with the fewest # now I look to see where certain players are and go to the side they are picking on.(normally Knights)

I think Toad hit it pretty much on the head with the payback thing.

As far as teaming up against another side well..I've never done it nor have I been on a side that did it when I was there.(notice I said while I was there)

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals

"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2000, 09:41:00 AM »
Gangbang?  Yep!

The last few days have been bad for the Rooks.  The Knits and the Biffs have forgoten how to fight each other.  That means that they both acknowledge the Rooks are the superior team and condsider them to be the most severe threat.  

Possibly, quite a compliment, but maybe in reality they are just being weiners.    

I could post up several screen shots of the map to prove this, but then I would be considered a "Whiner".  (Which I am!     )

Almost always, two teams will pick on one.  I suppose this is some kind of an "Go for the throat" instinct in the human animal.  

As to the subject of the "Gangbang". This is a very funny one.  For the two teams fighting against the one, it is called "Payback Time".  For the one team getting womped it is called a "GangBang".

Frustrating Yes!  Fun Yes!  I must say that it is more fun to be the "GangBanger" than the "GangBangee".  As for talking trash?  I might, because it is fun!

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew
Trainer

[This message has been edited by Minotaur (edited 03-02-2000).]

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2000, 05:08:00 PM »

Originally posted by NATEDOG:
i understand that if you are being attacked from both sides, by two different teams, you feel like everyones against you........ well they are! keep in mind that the other two teams are also being attacked from both sides, by two differtent teams.

that'll be two cents please........

Watch the map closely Nate.  Let's assume the rooks are in the south, the bish west, and the nits north.  You'll see massive markers for the 7-8-21-22 area (rook-nit front) and for the 5-6-16-15 area (rook-bish front) and NOT A DAMN ONE in 13-14-23-24 area (nit-bish front).  This is damn near a nightly occurance.
There might be one bish or nit go make a milk run to bomb something and not get killed, but no base capturing or hq bombing or anything else to indicate a 2 front war.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
why the gang bangin ?
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2000, 05:21:00 PM »
Ah Caveman, we're wasting our breath.

Yesterday during the late afternoon, the odds were 23 Bishop, 17 Knights, and 9 Rooks. The Bish had taken both 23 and 24 earlier (Knight Fields).

Now just guess who they attacked? No guessing required.

Even though Knights (who I consider the swing team) were down two fields to Bish, they proceeded to attack us full force, while the Bish attacked us from the other direction. Oh but they were fighting a 2 front war so they claimed, of course the sector markers said there was a grand total of 3 people flying the Knight/Bish front, while the odds in Rookland were 37 to 9.

LOL!! I did everything I could to think to make them fight each other, including calling everyone in KnightLand a coward.

OH wait.... they were getting "payback".

So all the Rooks just went to the Training Arena in masse and worked on our 1 v 1 flying  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure,
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"