Author Topic: the thrill is gone  (Read 1325 times)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
the thrill is gone
« on: May 06, 2004, 07:01:36 AM »
just wondering at what point do you quit playing ah. because your bored with the same old same old.

like the game still but lately ive been in a slump, and the fun has seem to have left, mabey i need a break.

what do you venterens think, ever get tired of playing and  want to quit, what makes you stick around?:o

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
the thrill is gone
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 07:15:45 AM »
Jump in a vehicle for a while,  find a different aspect than flying for a while..  You'll see how the hunger comes back for flying..

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
the thrill is gone
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 07:16:45 AM »
Hmm, "..same old same old..", do something different. Fly a different plane, fight a different fight or just do some totally silly stuff. Bottomline, if it ain't fun....don't do it :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
the thrill is gone
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 07:53:15 AM »
Its summer, go out, BBQ, get drunk, get laid etc etc...
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
the thrill is gone
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 07:56:18 AM »
Discover the terror of trying to win through embattled sky's with an anarmed C-47.

Grab a new challenging plane and stick with it till you master it.

Tanks, lvts, boats all can be fun at times.

Last but most inportant.

Find a squadron of like minded pilots.
People that you get to know, share your life with, etc.

A good squad is a lot like a good marriage.

The sum is more than the whole of its parts.

Find a way to "give some back" to AH & the community. Small & subtle or huge like mapping (fester).

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
the thrill is gone
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 08:02:24 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
Its summer, go out, BBQ, get drunk, get laid etc etc...

Above always represents a good option.. hehe

Burn out comes and goes. Beyond all the glory though.. Beyond landing all the kills.. Fun for me comes from flying with my squad. Those guys are awesome.. I doubt that your learning curve has found it's peak so there are still things to learn and do. Find some new folks to fly with. Learn from them.  Or simply fly a different plane. Burn out comes and goes... 8)

dude

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
the thrill is gone
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 08:03:51 AM »
Try the Combat Theater for a change, if the MA gets boring. And participate in events  like Snapshots and CAP...
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Re: the thrill is gone
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 09:36:01 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
just wondering at what point do you quit playing ah. because your bored with the same old same old.

like the game still but lately ive been in a slump, and the fun has seem to have left, mabey i need a break.

what do you venterens think, ever get tired of playing and  want to quit, what makes you stick around?:o

Was real tired of the game, then  I had a stroke.  It's all a challenge again, though this is probably not a solution I'd recommend for everyone:)

VWE

the thrill is gone
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 10:15:21 AM »
Go play in the CT, I've all but abandoned the MA except to say 'hello'...

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
the thrill is gone
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 12:08:25 PM »
It's all about P40 B's.  There's nothing quite as exciting as being gangbanged by 20 rooks in La7's in a P40 B and you still take out 4 of em!
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: the thrill is gone
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 12:17:32 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM

In the past 10 years of online sim flying I have took around 3 to 4 sabaticcals,  most for just a few months but 1 was  dang near a year long,  I would drop in a few times, but mainly stayed away because of being burnt out,  did more outdoor activities,  etc....

As NB said, if it ain't fun don't bother,  also everyone seems to get yancy for some summer fun and less people fly during the summer months, but they/we all come back home :)  when Fall time starts rolling around........

And it is the friendships and online community that keeps alot of old timers around!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
the thrill is gone
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 12:31:49 PM »
1 word for you- SQUADRON

its the people not the planes that make me come back

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
the thrill is gone
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2004, 12:33:37 PM »
Well I dont concider myself a "venteren" by any sense of the word. Im comming up on 3 years here and still learn new things nearly every day.

I think the search for all things new is what keeps the game alive for me. It isn't all of it but its a bigger part.

I dont think there is a person in the game that knows it all. I know there are some that think they do but thats a different story. For that simple fact, the thrill of learning is what is fun. And then aplying it to the game and how you play it. (what you learnd that is) Every plane is different in its own way. Every GV is different. There is always something you can learn.  

There have been many nights where I would log off and I said to myself, "self, wtf are you playing this game for?!" Then i answer my self i say... "self, its a game! Have fun and stfu!"

It all comes down to these few simple words: The game is what you make of it.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
the thrill is gone
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2004, 01:09:59 PM »
thanks guys ill trygoing back to gv's for a while. im already in a good sqaud so thats not the problem, just tyred of the furballs, hoing ect.

hmm could be last couple of maps depressing me too:)

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
the thrill is gone
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2004, 01:10:14 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS

There have been many nights where I would log off and I said to myself, "self, wtf are you playing this game for?!" Then i answer my self i say... "self, its a game! Have fun and stfu!"

hmm sure morph, we all do it.

its ok.

really.

it is.

:D