Author Topic: Poll - the Theatre you like/dislike  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Poll - the Theatre you like/dislike
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2004, 06:47:55 PM »
wondering why so many people dislike late war Eastern Front??

109G10/190D-9 much very nice Yak-9U and La7

My distaste for them comes from the fact that I cannot fly the 109G10 to save my life, simply put I'm REALLY BAD with it (worse than usual).  I find the 190D9 boring to fly, perhaps it's because I don't fly it well but it's apparent lack of manuverability just makes for boring fights for me.   I really enjoy the Yak-9U, but with the la7 present it seems to pretty much garauntee the LW will be vastly outnumbered nearly all the time.  And if I want someone to shoot at without having to argue with teammates over who's gonna kill them I end up spending the week flying axis in planes I have no skill in and little desire to learn.  

I do enjoy mid-early war LW rides though. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2004, 07:27:45 PM »
Dam jesters got almost the same list as Me!

Likes.
Rhine with 262 (262 rulz!)
Kurland
Fin Rus/Fall (Early Set Up)
BOB
Sicily 43
Norway 44

Dislikes
PTO!
Bigweek (flight time= to long)

Hates
Soccer war
Isreal

i love setup where there are 109's and no spits.
or i love jets to
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2004, 08:08:45 PM »
Like:
Most setups - esp. early war

Dislike:
Set ups that give one side both the best turner and fastest planes.
Set ups with over 5 fighter types/sub-types on one side.
Set ups that mix two allied countries together:  
- US and Brit Vs. Germany
- US and Brit Vs. Japan

Hate:
Non WWII

eskimo

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2004, 09:22:53 PM »
Seeing the diversity of peoples likes and dislikes, I hope you all understand the dilemma the CT staff have in making scenarios that pleases most.

I'm glad to see this posting however; it gives us all a good idea who likes what...

Now that we have all posted like/dislike setups, what is it about them that gives you that opinion:

I.e. I don't like PTO because there are not enough proper IJN aircraft or the setups never have F4U's in them.

I.e. I don't like BoB 40 because the Spitfires dominate the setup...

Sound off guys!!!
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2004, 09:32:28 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
Seeing the diversity of peoples likes and dislikes, I hope you all understand the dilemma the CT staff have in making scenarios that pleases most.

I'm glad to see this posting however; it gives us all a good idea who likes what...

Now that we have all posted like/dislike setups, what is it about them that gives you that opinion:

I.e. I don't like PTO because there are not enough proper IJN aircraft or the setups never have F4U's in them.

I.e. I don't like BoB 40 because the Spitfires dominate the setup...

Sound off guys!!!

You wouldn't have a dilemma if you just listened to me.

eskimo

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 09:36:05 PM »
all pac sux...

The rest are ok, I wont fly those made up ones or post ww2 so I dont care about those.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2004, 10:17:02 PM »
Originally posted by Batz
all pac sux...

That's just fear talkin'. ;)

(oops!) :D

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2004, 10:39:24 PM »
Is it possible to get a hint of recognition from the CT staff that the Post WWII is strongly disliked and to be avoided?  Just a  a little tidbit of information, but one unnamed pilot only had 7 sorties in the Independence War after 5/01/04, yet this pilot seemed to be the driving force behind the setup.  I hated the setup, did all I could to avoid it( the MA really isn't another option) and still ended up with 7 sorties in the same time period.  What's up with that?

This hijack, well placed in my mind, is over.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2004, 10:46:53 PM »
Dislike:   current set up, BoB is a snorefest if you not flying LW,(odd that I liked the BoF though) didnt care for Finn/Rus every few weeks but that no longer seems to be an issue. I kinda miss it actually.

Like:  Most of the Pac sets(even Second Wind:D ). Late ETO stuff are always fun. I really liked Kurland. One of the best IMO.

Speaking of Pac, when do we gat some blue planes staffers? Or run Norway:aok

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2004, 10:50:21 PM »
PAC
MED
Western Europe
Early/mid war is a favorite, but our plane sets really suffer in some theatres

Dislike
Eastern Front (but the terrains are great)

Really Dislike!
Post WWII/Non WWII stuff
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2004, 11:47:23 PM »
Speaking of Pac, when do we gat some blue planes staffers?

Unless I'm mistaken, May 21st.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2004, 02:00:29 AM »
gat?  I must have been listening to rap:D   Thanks for the reply.

storch

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2004, 03:12:29 AM »
likes: Any set up that involves the most axis choices for my money.

Dislikes: Any set up that limits me to one or two aircraft  ESPECIALLY the early war !#@$%^^^%R^!@$)%&*%!*&%$#@(!)@^# ineffective aircraft.  I also don't care for warm beer.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2004, 08:00:55 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug
Is it possible to get a hint of recognition from the CT staff that the Post WWII is strongly disliked and to be avoided?  Just a  a little tidbit of information, but one unnamed pilot only had 7 sorties in the Independence War after 5/01/04, yet this pilot seemed to be the driving force behind the setup.  I hated the setup, did all I could to avoid it( the MA really isn't another option) and still ended up with 7 sorties in the same time period.  What's up with that?

This hijack, well placed in my mind, is over.

Tell me your kidding!! 7 sorties for the guy who wanted that crappy setup??:lol  Figures

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2004, 12:21:36 PM »
Depending on refuels ... that could be seven days of flying at however long it took to die each time. What's his kps? Kph? Even that may not give you the entire picture (you desire).

What does it matter anyhow? I've had that rare and elusive F4U-Pac set come around with me having to spend more time in a meatball plane than a hog ("having to" meaning I was willing to sacrifice my own preference within the set to help counter the "Well everybody always flies the blue planes!" whines). I've had them come around and I couldn't fly much that week at all.

The Israeli Independence setup will undoubtedly come around with much less frequency (probably once a year - OMG! OMG! What a tragedy!). But hey, PAC has it's diligent protesters too, so why not? Heh. Depending on one's own PERSONAL preference, you may hear either "THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!" (even if it's only 5-6 players - some of which have a REGULAR habit of sitting out anything but their one orgasmic setup) .... or .... "The forum isn't truly reflective of the entire CT populance."

Basically, what's really the point in whining about it? Is it to keep the setup from coming back next year on it's anniversary? Perhaps the half dozen players who don't like FinRus should maintain a campaign against it based on whatever it takes to convince everyone else that nobody played it or had fun. :D :rolleyes:

Here's the raw essense. If ya can't handle it, deny it:

People flew it - people had fun (just like in Second Wind) ... get over it already.

Just sayin'. - YMMV - don't take it all personal like - don't mind me, I'm just talkin' sense.