Author Topic: Poll - the Theatre you like/dislike  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Poll - the Theatre you like/dislike
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2004, 04:28:24 PM »
Hmm looks like Arlo chewed through his muzzle.:D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2004, 11:17:29 PM »
It's like I can still sense the whining going on, even when I'm away from the pc! :D

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2004, 12:08:40 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
People flew it - people had fun (just like in Second Wind) ... get over it already.

You get over it first.  If it's just a bunch of whining hot wind I'm at a loss as why you pay so much attention to it??  Can't you just get back to your "getting a life" thingy?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2004, 12:49:28 AM »
First
I've started this thread acually to show one simeple thing:
We are very different people:

Some like PTO some hate
Some like Early War some hate
Some like Eastern Front some hate
Some like non-WW2 some hate
Some like Late War Europe some hate

Second
This poll is not the set of all CT players opinions but ony part of them that post at BBS. (Most of AH players do not even visit it regulary).

So this poll shouldn't show what setups should be present at CT regulary and which not. Because the people that post at BBS can't show that majority of the CT players - because there are difference between players that use BBS and do not use it. (Lots of my friends just do not like to be involved in long discussions at BBS, but they fly regulary at CT).

So I don't want to see it like prove that people like/dislike sertain setups and that they should be ignored/used frequently.

Third
Lets be more tolerant to other people preferances and reduce amount of non-nessesary noise at this BBS :aok
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2004, 05:48:53 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug
You get over it first.  If it's just a bunch of whining hot wind I'm at a loss as why you pay so much attention to it??  Can't you just get back to your "getting a life" thingy?

So what we have here is some sort of philosophical "cart and horse" or "chicken and egg" thang in your eyes? Heh. If a whiner whines deep in the forrest all by himself is he really whining?

Not "getting a life", junior .... focusing on it more. But you're not expected to know the difference. You'd need an actual point of reference to do that. Forgive me for falling back on my old habit of teasing you to make you cry harder. Must be kinda like cigarettes or booze. It's not "good for me" but it does bring some satisfaction. I may slip and do it again, even. Got tears? :aok

storch

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2004, 06:58:58 AM »
Insect,
would you please stop quoting that pinhead, otherwise I shall be forced to ignore you as well.  I'm sure that would be more than you could bear.  He'll be back soon enough.  let's enjoy "pax arlona" while we may.

BTW you've been conspicous by your absence.  we need better dedicated allied opposition in the CT currently.

Bring the 880th back to the CT.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2004, 07:06:56 AM »
Storch,

Don't be mad at Buggy for your having to live in his shadow now as the second whiney banana of the group. ;)

(Don't worry - you'll get to read it in a quote) :D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2004, 08:43:34 AM »
stop quoting that pinhead

pinhead? Is that a personal attack? Im telling Skuzzy!!!:(

Offline DktrEvil

• Copper Member
      • TheFunZone.com
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2004, 01:04:07 PM »
Any setup with:

Base flashing for Aircraft turned off
No outside view
Limited Radar Ranges
Lowered Icon Ranges

Dislikes:
CheckerBoards/VulcherBoards

Setup changes after the week has started due to whining or any reason other than bugs.

Regards
+Dr Evil's Death Squadron+

Let this be a lesson to you all that this organization will not tolerate .......... F-a-i-l-u-r-e!

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2004, 01:21:32 PM »
Originally posted by DktrEvil
Dislikes:
CheckerBoards/VulcherBoards

(...Grits is sitting at the bar sipping his Mint Julip < hey, Storch bought it for me, what can I say?> and turns around just in time to see DktrEvil kick open the front door and throw a bomb at VMF-312 sitting in a football huddle all by themselves at a corner table. Grits jumps over the bar and runs for the back door before the riot starts...)

storch

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2004, 01:40:27 PM »
Storch strolls into the O' Club and orders a scotch on the rocks.  takes a swig and addresses the present company. "We need to encourage our allied bretheren.  while the zany antics of the 312th can be annoying for some they do at least show up every day.

So for the record I repudiate my collegue Dr. Evil's imprudent  remarks".

*checks tab at bar in order to square account, scratches chin.  begins to wonder who is putting phaggity drinks on my tab?  turns to leave and spies the frightened and cowering grits and an unattended phaggity type drink near by. hmmmmm.

Encourages the members of the 312th to continue aquiring valuable experience in base defense utilizing manned ack, osties, M16s, stones and construction debris.

On the way out drops a big green booger into the phaggity cocktail*.

*Wonders what that loud bang was as he drives away in his vintage toyota truck*.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 02:36:53 PM by storch »

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2004, 01:45:13 PM »
· BoB
· Early - Late  ETO
. Med
Just about any WW2 setup works for me, with Eastern Front being my least favorite but still enjoyable, in moderation.

Really Dislike:
.Post WWII/Non WWII stuff/Fantasy fluff
.Jets

"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2004, 02:22:06 PM »
Like:

PTO War (1941-1945) (Best)
ETO War (1941-1945)
"What If" PTO (1946)

Dislike:

Only USAF vs Axis Map
Not much "History" around for Combat Theater
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2004, 02:23:07 PM »
Originally posted by storch
*Wonders what that loud bang was as he drives away in his vintage toyota truck*.

What vintage? My daily driver is an '82 Toyota Diesel DLX longbed. It's got 52HP and will only go 65-70 MPH wide open on totally flat ground, but it gets 50+ MPG. :)

storch

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2004, 02:32:23 PM »
'99 Tacoma booger green 2.4L gasoline and will do 115 all day long if the bed cover is on. if not about 100.  I've put 162k on it already and It never says die.  This is my second toyota and they are awesome.