Author Topic: Why are you not all playing AHII beta?  (Read 3486 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Why are you not all playing AHII beta?
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2004, 07:55:59 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
AHII is a step backward for AH.   I'm not going to play a prequel.

Ditto, every now and then I log on to AH2 for a hour or so but seriously I fail to see where the "improvements" are of any significance.

I didn't expect AH2 to look and feel like AH1. Certinly wasn't expecting the same maps and pixel dust for explosions. :rolleyes:

I know it's Beta but I doubt there are going to be any significant changes from now till release other then some more minor graphic changes.

Lucky for HT the air war in WW2OL sucks as bad as it does.

...-Gixer

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2004, 05:37:05 AM »
I'll be thrilled if my conlusions prove to be premature. It would be a time I'd l happily eat crow.

I'd like to nibble a little crow here.  I just learned something that all of you no doubt already know.  I learned that there is a drop down  in the hangar where you can switch skins, a wonderfully easy interface.

Kudos to Ht and company for doing this.  Also my thanks to all of those who put forth the effort to develop skins.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 06:06:26 AM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2004, 05:38:08 AM »
Bumba, I'm gonna have to pay you a commission.  :)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2004, 08:42:33 AM »
Having a choice of skins is REAL nice. Very nice indeed. I also thought highly of the new sun effect which IMO is a great step towards a more realistic environment.  I also like the FM and the ballistics.  And not being able to auto-trim oneself to safety when wounded or in a black out is a long overdue, very welcome feature. There are several other new features, fuel use for another,  and fixes that are nice to see HTC having added.

Still.... To me AH-II felt and looked exactly like AH1 with the "constant ON- billboard icons" and the all-seeing inflight AWACS radar.  That's not necessarily bad, if you're into pure fanatasy, death match arena gameplay, but  I'm not.   I'm looking for a more realistic WWII enviromnent to spend time in.  So I'll keep my "ear to the rail" listening for news on AH-TOD.

[p.s. mouse-look is a big plus too! Players can now use trackir type of devices which is a phenominal leap over hat switches and numpad key views)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 07:51:45 AM by Westy »

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
AH2
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2004, 05:43:57 AM »
I have reformed the Pigs On The Wing Squad on the AH2 arena, but I haven't played it a tremendous amount. The graphics are great, but I run a 64meg vid card and honestly with this set up, AH1 is more enjoyable. Rest Assured however that there will be resounding Oinks when AH2 transition is final...
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD