Author Topic: Why are you not all playing AHII beta?  (Read 3537 times)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Why are you not all playing AHII beta?
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2004, 11:21:01 AM »
i seem to have no problem seeing hit flashes or with gunnery, i even shot down shane twice (cherrypick), well he didnt even bother to move when i got on his 6. hmmm...has another yank and banker been brought back to reality by the more realistic ah2 flight model? One can only hope ;P

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2004, 01:04:06 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
has another yank and banker been brought back to reality by the more realistic ah2 flight model? One can only hope ;P

Eh?  The flight model in AH2 allows for just as much "yank and banking" as before.  Beyond changes to the relative performance of the various planes, turnfighting is very much alive and well.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2004, 01:14:39 PM »
Leviathn,

You mean the geometry doesn't change?  Oh no I would have hoped this new version would keep planes just flying in straight lines.

Drex

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2004, 03:23:40 PM »
Gruug,

When you installed the beta, did it give you the option to have your AH1 settings copied over?

Offline Gruuug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2004, 03:40:09 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro
Gruug,

When you installed the beta, did it give you the option to have your AH1 settings copied over?

Yes it did, and I accepted it but it didn't work right so I tried re-calibrating.

Where things went wrong is with the rudder controls.  It seems that with the Saitek Cyborg the rudder setup (its a twisty) is very touchy.

When I set the joystick and run the rudder through its adjustment I was moving the main Yaw/Pitch ever so slightly.  This resulted in the rudder being very touchy.  By redoing it and forcing the detent down on the joystick (there are external springs on the Saitek with a large "cone" to center it) I could keep my own twitchiness from moving Yaw/Pitch when turning the rudder.  Now everything works great, control-wise.  I am also slowly getting used to the control of the plane; I'm not near as grumpy now :-)

Torque from sudden engine speed changes, combined with the flaky rudder settings were causing most of my problems.  Sorry about being such a pain......

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2004, 09:20:19 AM »
There are no excuses...
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118220

AH2 runs fine on a 16MB GF2 mobile (mobiles are even slower than full size). You can buy a 16MB vid card like this for under $20 and a 1Ghz P3 for about the same.

The only reason to quit when AH1 goes away is that you don't WANT to play AH2.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2004, 09:35:56 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL
There are no excuses...

AH2 runs fine on a 16MB GF2 mobile (mobiles are even slower than full size). You can buy a 16MB vid card like this for under $20 and a 1Ghz P3 for about the same.

The only reason to quit when AH1 goes away is that you don't WANT to play AH2.

Whats the name I am thinking of? hmmm:rolleyes:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2004, 11:19:39 AM »
People people people!

Listen to me very carefuly.

Please try and work with your setting both with your system and in AH2... Read this thread below and you'll know why I am saying this.

Its not BS.
There is hope for you if you have a system that you think will not run AH2.

I have another system here, a Laptop! A nice one, that I swore would not or could not run AH2. I reformated, installed all the goodies and drivers and such. Played with my settings and WAMMO AH2 works!

Check it out
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Achttag

• Zinc Member
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2004, 01:33:49 PM »
'cos 35 worked fine but 36 on my system is totally fuc......

Achttag
<>

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2004, 01:37:43 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
People people people!

Listen to me very carefuly.

Please try and work with your setting both with your system and in AH2... Read this thread below and you'll know why I am saying this.

Its not BS.
There is hope for you if you have a system that you think will not run AH2.

Carefull Morph, you might get called names too for suggesting that such a thing can be done. Some people don't want to be helped and just want to whine about AH2 replacing AH1.

:rolleyes:

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2004, 01:45:54 PM »
Carefull Morph, you might get called names too for suggesting that such a thing can be done. Some people don't want to be helped and just want to whine about AH2 replacing AH1.

...just when I thought the medication was wearing off...
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2004, 01:49:12 PM »

I think there is a difference in the way Morph presents things here, flies in the game, and acts in the MA.  Maybe you should learn something from him.  

Notice how this post is directed at you and not the whole comunity of AH?  Try practicing that instead of making assumptions about peoples motives based on your superb ability to move two sliders and select from a drop down list.  Maybe then you wont be called names.  You were not sudgesting.  You were labeling people.  All people that might have had a prob with AHII.  So, STFU and stop telling me what MY reasons are.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2004, 01:57:15 PM »
Just trying to give hope to those who think they need an expencive upgrade to play AH2. I think this proves that. I wouldnt have believed this, that a system with such a small video card could handle AH2. But with the settings set right and the right drivers it works just fine and more importantly its playable.

to HTC for working as hard as they have to make the game as great as they can for the players.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2004, 02:22:29 PM »
I think this proves that.

I just want to make one thing clear here. Every computer is different in its own way. And it doesnt mean that AH2 will run perfectly on everyones computer. All I am trying to show you guys is that there are ways of making it run and run so its playable.

Offline LtPillur

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2004, 02:52:03 PM »

MMmm.... Seems that Morpheus, in usual style, was beeing helpful, not generally critical as you were. Your staement that you had all the answers why people didn't want to use AH2, and your subsequent inference that if yone couldn't get the game to work then they were a hopeless loser and inferior to yourself is different from Morph's generous (as usual) help. If you don't have usefull input don't post. Then you won't get called names either. But please never to pretend to be on the same level as Morpheus.
Pillur