Author Topic: Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?  (Read 4663 times)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2004, 06:29:27 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
so apothy....I'm too slow to run the internet yet you cannot answer a simple question....Hmmmm...must be those libral defense mechanisms kicking in

sorry to have argued with someone who obviously has a reading disability(whether medical or chemically induced).   I have answered your question on more than one occasion and specifically said you "weren't to slow to get to the net".

you seem to take in information as you'd like to see it, instead of what it actually is.  this could go a long way toward explaining why you hold the opinions you do.

but please, continue to repeat your argument loudly and often.  at this rate, you're complete inability to read and absorb the written word, is doing more to strengthen my position than anything I could say.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2004, 06:48:13 AM »
Originally posted by ravells
Actually Virgil, I have no ties to the middle east

I'm just pissed (and enjoying it). But thanks for the exposition

hah

Ravs

Oh, I could have sworn I read in one of your posts that you were of Arab descent, and had left that area and moved to Britain.

I take it you mean pissed as in the British slang term for drunk. That I knew already.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2004, 08:48:21 AM »
Originally posted by ravells
You're up early Shaden

what gives?

Ravs

I get in early in summer - leave at 4.00pm so am up at 5.00 and at the office at 7.00.....hehe we're expecting a merger anouncement any day now.....damn Bayer are looking awfully keen.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2004, 11:35:45 AM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
sorry to have argued with someone who obviously has a reading disability(whether medical or chemically induced).   I have answered your question on more than one occasion and specifically said you "weren't to slow to get to the net".

you seem to take in information as you'd like to see it, instead of what it actually is.  this could go a long way toward explaining why you hold the opinions you do.

but please, continue to repeat your argument loudly and often.  at this rate, you're complete inability to read and absorb the written word, is doing more to strengthen my position than anything I could say.

No you have dodged the question like you are dodging it now.  But that's ok.....it's in your nature

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2004, 12:15:12 PM »
Ok, last time for the truly simple minded
 About 1/3 of the way down on the 3rd page of posts in this thread you ask your questions-

Quote________________________ __________
So does the VP still own a good share of haliburton?

If so you'd rather our troops have substandard service/equipment wich may endanger them than have a "potential" conflict of interest?

6 posts down from that I answer both of your questions
the first I answer “he does”
and the second I answer “NO”

13 posts later you again posted your line of crap and said I hadn’t answered your question.

4 posts later(and on the next page) I replied to that post, I quoted your post and your original questions in a futile attempt at not leaving you confused.

Then I again repeated my answers

#1 “he does”
#2 “NO”

I then repeated my answer to your questions again, and then, at this point doubting your ability to understand the written word, I went further to explain to you that the word ‘NO’ in response to your question was a denial.

4 more posts down and you reply, included in the reply was the quote from my above thread, in that quote was again my answer to your question and an explanation of what the word ‘no’ means.  And go on to say that I haven’t answered your question with the wording you would prefer.

4 posts later you ask your 2nd question again, this time to Ravells

2 posts later you post “NOT ONE OF YOU HAVE ANSWERED A SIMPLE QUESTION?”

4 posts down I state my doubts as to the sincerity of your argument, since it’s now been answered several times yet you pretend not to see the answers-
“you can't possibly be this slow and still manage to get your computer to the internet.

so at this point I gotta figure you know this war is a travesty, and that you've just been trolling, you got me nice catch.”

8 posts later you post again that I have avoided the question (at this point I have answered it twice, posted a couple quotes in which it was answered, and even explained to you where it was answered at what the answer meant)

10 posts later in response to yourself I guess you posted-
” so apothy....I'm too slow to run the internet yet you cannot answer a simple question....Hmmmm...must be those libral defense mechanisms kicking in”

so 9 later I did stop answering your question.  I just pointed out how you seem to see what you want and miss what you don’t want to see.  You seem to be the one who has some sort of defense mechanism.  No problem though, I can see where the ability to hide from the truth would be real handy if you felt the need to back this administration.

And 3 posts later you again accuse me of dodging the question when in fact it was you who was dodging the answer.

At this point my answer to your questions have been posted or quoted at least 4 times by me and a few by times by you (yes, you actually quoted my answers in posts where you said I didn’t answer your question)

I don’t expect everyone to hold the same opinions I have, and enjoy a decent argument, but in this case it’s like explaining algebra to a 2yr old.

You are either to simple minded to grasp the language of your own country, or intentionally obtuse.  Either way you’re a waste of my time.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 12:17:34 PM by capt. apathy »

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2004, 12:43:45 PM »
no I'd rather this administration hadn't sent our troops overseas to generate bussines for companies owned by members of that administration

I take it back.  You are saying that because you think the administration is getting rich off of war a substandard company needs to be hired or cheny cut his ties.

That is an answer but it means you would rather short change the troops.  Haliburton isnt just invovled in Iraq.....they've been doing this sort of thing long befor Bush/Cheny.

If you would have said "NO, I want our troops to have the best possible gear"  that would have been an answer.

THis is yet another example of a libral focusing soley on iraq.....this isnt all just about Iraq.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2004, 03:34:54 PM »
GD apathy! you sumed most of an entire thread in one post! I feel your pain but take it easy on him man!!  :lol  :lol  :lol

No ill-will meant gunslinger, but apathy's post was damn funny!!