Author Topic: Frightening E-mail  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 03:40:14 PM »
People that believe that email probably have already shared their bank account number with some Nigerian who is going to share many millions of dollars with them.

:rolleyes:

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 04:03:25 PM »
Maybe this will help shed some light on why this "could" be the reason "all" of Islam would be foaming at the mouth to see all the Jews (Isrealis) dead and gone.  I'm not supporting the statement, just offering up a rationalization.

It's long

http://www.islam101.com/religions/sacrifice.htm

In a nutshell, those occupying the promised land (Isreal) are NOT gods chosen people, according to Islam.  It all comes down to who was the rightful heir to Abraham, Isaac or Ishmael.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004, 04:08:34 PM »
Islam is Peace.

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2004, 04:27:54 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
Islam is Peace.

Doesn't seem to be in practice.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2004, 04:58:38 PM »
Well, that would depend on which muslim you talked to, wouldn't it?

Ravs

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2004, 09:48:22 AM »
"Well, that would depend on which muslim you talked to, wouldn't it?

Ravs"

Probably true.  However, even Mohamed put a city of Jews to the sword.

Al Queda and Wahabits are to Islam as _ _ _ is to Christianity.

Fill in the blank.  11th letter of the alphabet repeated 3 times seems to fit just right.
2Slow
TANSTAAFL

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2004, 11:22:25 AM »
Originally posted by 2Slow

It would be nice to agree with this observation, save for the fact that it seems that militant extremism has more popular support from non-militants than does the KKK from sane christians.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Re: Frightening E-mail
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2004, 11:42:19 AM »
Originally posted by Capt. Pork
But not all that surprising....
I got this forwarded to me by a family member earlier today. I don't know the original source, obviously, but wanted to know what you guys made of it.

San Diego State University and the University of San Diego are totally different schools, so that is one strike against it.

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Re: Re: Frightening E-mail
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2004, 11:47:56 AM »
Originally posted by Montezuma
San Diego State University and the University of San Diego are totally different schools, so that is one strike against it.

I'm sure there are many strikes against it to come. I guess the truly frightening thing about the e-mail is that with certain people, the things said within the e-mail do not immediately ring untrue. I'm not necessarily saying that I'm one of those people, but at the same time, being a Jew with family still in Eastern Europe, I do not think it is possible for my people to be reasonably accused of paranoia ever again.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Frightening E-mail
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2004, 12:00:05 PM »
I'm sure there are many strikes against it to come. I guess the truly frightening thing about the e-mail is that with certain people, the things said within the e-mail do not immediately ring untrue. .

You still have to consider the source.  

Money from Africa.

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2004, 06:09:22 PM »
Originally posted by 2Slow
"Well, that would depend on which muslim you talked to, wouldn't it?

Ravs"

Probably true.  However, even Mohamed put a city of Jews to the sword.

Fill in the blank.  11th letter of the alphabet repeated 3 times seems to fit just right.

Yes, and the Pope gave his blessing to cities of muslims (and christians) being put to the sword in the middle east too. As for the KKK, they arn't religious really, are they? They're just have this fallacious belief that skin colour equates to a particular way of life which they want to perpetuate.

Where does that leave us?

Ravs

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2004, 06:10:04 PM »
It would be nice to agree with this observation, save for the fact that it seems that militant extremism has more popular support from non-militants than does the KKK from sane christians.

True, and for reasons I can barely fathom.  One must consider the culture, education levels, and quality of life.  If ones quality of life is so poor that dying and going to paradise is a viable option, then...

If my Catholic Priest delivers a sermon in which he calls upon us to go across town and kill the members of another church I would go home and load my weapons in case someone noticed I did not follow his orders and wanted to take exception to it.

I do know this.  If it comes down to an us or them situation (which it is starting to look like) then I am in favor of it being us surviving.

If they insist on comparing us to the Crusaders and Romans, they better hope and pray we do not adopt the Crusader or Roman tactics.
2Slow
TANSTAAFL

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2004, 06:15:18 PM »
2slow, the problem is (probably with 'them' as much as for us) is that we and they hear the intolerant minority, rather than the tolerant majority......who just want to live in peace, bring up their families, have a laugh, and have no part of a large, dark, violent world.

ravs

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2004, 06:19:29 PM »
Originally posted by ravells
Yes, and the Pope gave his blessing to cities of muslims (and christians) being put to the sword in the middle east too. As for the KKK, they arn't religious really, are they? They're just have this fallacious belief that skin colour equates to a particular way of life which they want to perpetuate.

Where does that leave us?

Ravs

I just noticed the same attitude.  You are with them or against them.  They have a Holy mandate, etc.
2Slow
TANSTAAFL

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
Frightening E-mail
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2004, 06:28:29 PM »
Bit like Bush saying...you're either with the Republicans or with the terrorists, no?

Ravs