Author Topic: Weeding  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Weeding
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2004, 11:20:58 AM »
I learned to do it manually and had a blast doing it. Sometimes would be at it til the wee hours of the morning trying ot get it just right.

Same here, using himem and I believe Loadhi (as the command in config.sys) sometime around, what, DOS 5 or so? It's been a decade or so :) QEMM just made it easier.

[my first "menu" was menu.bat in autoexec with bat files for the programs (A.bat, B.bat)] That was with DOS 3.

I was/am anal to the point that I don't like things like boot disks. Though, I did use a boot manager (system commander) towards the end to boot into windows or various DOS setups.

Charon
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 11:23:45 AM by Charon »

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Weeding
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2004, 11:27:08 AM »
Back on subject...

No, I've already quit and closed my account.

Did I mention that the clouds are realy cool ;).

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Weeding
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2004, 12:51:26 PM »
Originally posted by jodgi

Did any of you play "Project Stealth"? (the first microprose stealth fighter game errrr.... sim)

Maybe I am not thinking of the same one but Microprose had a stealth fighter game in 1988-89 called "F19" IIRC. It looked NOTHING likt the F117 either :D

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Weeding
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2004, 01:09:49 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL
Maybe I am not thinking of the same one but Microprose had a stealth fighter game in 1988-89 called "F19" IIRC. It looked NOTHING likt the F117 either :D

I loved that game "F-19". That was my first introduction to flight sims. Before that I played quite a few space sims and my all time favorite was "BattleZone" (hover tanks).
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
Weeding
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2004, 01:45:51 PM »
Project Stealth came a few years before F-19 on the C64, 1986 I believe.

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Weeding
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2004, 02:51:06 PM »
The first Flight Sim for me was this one on the Commadore that had almost no graphics.

It was All instrument flying at night.  all there was, was a black screen with white analog type dials.   Then you also recieved a paper map with cooridinates of this large canyon you had to fly thru and line up on the runway and land.  

You had no visual references.    

First time I saw AW,  I believe was in the Mid 80s at GENCON Gaming Convention in Milwaukee.   They had a computer hooked up on display and you fly H2H with another guy that wasnt in the same room.   This may have been the very original version of AW,  Im not really sure.