Author Topic: Pit bull apologists, wake up  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Pit bull apologists, wake up
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2004, 11:15:12 PM »
Originally posted by majic
Cats are better.

(runs)

for wheel chocks.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2004, 12:20:51 AM »
It's instinct. Pitbulls kill by nature. It could be two kids fighting, a domestic dispute, or another dog, once that instinct is set into motion, there is no turning back. It's not their fault, they are made that way. They are a wonder of an animal, but I do not think they make good domestic pets.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2004, 12:42:30 AM »
I think it is 10% the breed, and 90% the ultra melons that own them.

It is always the same badboy, fearthis, tough guy ******* with a pit. They need a tuff dog to fit the tuff guy image.

The dog of the wife beater.

I am with Funked, shoot the owner then the dog. or vice versa.

Labs are the bestest breed ever!!

Mine is doing much MUCH better and I did not do the surgery.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2004, 12:44:23 AM »
Oh and if you are a guy, not from europe and willingly(IE your GF didnt force you) own a cat. You may want to think about coming out of the closet. :D :D :aok :aok :aok

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2004, 12:45:22 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Oh and if you are a guy, not from europe and willingly(IE your GF didnt force you) own a cat. You may want to think about coming out of the closet. :D :D :aok :aok :aok

Dood... owning a cat doesn't make you gay anymore than owning a pitbull makes you a stud. ;)

FWIW, I'm not a "cat person".
sand

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Sandy
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2004, 12:51:34 AM »
You have to admit, if it does not make you one it is a damn good indicator though!:D

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Re: Sandy
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2004, 12:54:03 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
You have to admit, if it does not make you one it is a damn good indicator though!:D

Not true.

Owning a cat does not indicate that you prefer sexual relations with your own gender.

It is just an indication that you get NO sex whatsover.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2004, 12:57:58 AM »
I've had two dobermans, one was a sweetheart, the other pretty frightening.  According to the humane society, 8 out of 10 biting dogs are male.

Here's an interesting link:
http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html#Thedogsmostlikelytobite

Funny story.  My office (used to) faced the street and I usually work late at night.  One night, my dobie crawled out from under my desk with the hair on her back standing straight up.  She walked stiff legged to the entry way and I followed her thinking, "wtf?"  She stood maybe 3 feet from the door, just watching.

Unknown to me, the front door was unlocked (or the guy manipulated the lock.)  As we stood there, the doorknob turned and the door gently opened.  When the door was about 1/3 open, she jumped through the door!  There was a scream, lots of noise and I grabbed her by the hindquarters.

I'm sure the guy filled his britches up from the event.  Had it not been for old Samantha, something bad would have probably happened.

curly

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2004, 01:02:16 AM »
I get chassed by dogs on a Daily basics. Been chased by them all pits,boxers,labs,german shepards,huskys. Here is some tips when getting a viscous dog runs out at you. You have less than 5secs to react.Never just stay there and freeze I have seen somebody do that it didnt work out to good.:eek: What I try to do is look for a busy street our car. Anything that is out of range for dogs. But everytime I gotten chased There was more than one people with me. I cant belive I havent been bitten before. Around my neighbors just let there dogs loose. Not to many of the dogs mess with me no more after they got a coupple bb gun holes in them.;)  hey its either you our them and I sure am not going to let them get me.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2004, 01:08:37 AM »
Crossbreed pit bulls for three generations with calmer breeds and the problem would solve itself.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2004, 08:43:39 AM »
shukins... you miss the point... the retards that want pit bulls don't want people to be afraid of em.. if it was known that they were good dogs the people who own em.... wouldn't.

lazs

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2004, 09:13:05 AM »
I've been deer hunting where we walked through someone's yard carrying shotguns.  Can't remember much, that was in 1985 or 1986.  There were dogs there and the people living in the house were scared.

I was thinking, damn, I thought we were deer hunting.  I didn't like doing that, but I did and stood on my stand for about an hour, when they came back and picked us up.

The pickup truck carried about ten hunters in the back, and everyone got off!!!

Tha locals called it the chicken man's house.  This was in rural woods, and probably a dangerous place.  But that is all I know about it.  I didn't like being in that predicament at all.

Les

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2004, 11:50:17 AM »
Banning specific dog breeds is a bad idea. It is difficult to enforce, inherently unfair, and doesn’t solve the problem of dog bites.

It’s hard to enforce because it’s difficult or to prove a particular dog is a specific breed. How many people here know the difference between a Pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier and Staffordshire bull terrier? What about pit bull crosses? 50% pit bull? 10% pit bull? What happens when the animal control officer says your Bull Terrier is a pit bull, confiscates and kills him?

It’s unfair because it punishes responsible owners of pit bulls, while not addressing irresponsible owners of other breeds.

It’s ineffective because if a specific breed is banned, these irresponsible owners will switch to a different breed, like rottweilers. Of course you could ban rottweilers …and they switch to some other breed, etc. There have been over 25 breeds involved in dog bite fatalities.
Much better are non-breed-specific, dangerous-dog laws with an emphasis on chronically irresponsible owners. Also consistent enforcement of animal control ordinances such as leash laws and fencing requirements, prohibition of dog fighting, and neutering.
The focus should be on reducing dangerous behavior of dogs and dog owners, regardless of the dog's breed, instead of on banning specific breeds.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2004, 12:05:40 PM »
Well according to this site.. Doggie Info the Pit Bull and the Staffordshire Terrier are one in the same. The latter name just an affectation made up to make Pits more palatable for the show ring.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2004, 12:20:06 PM »
Originally posted by jetb123
I get chassed by dogs on a Daily basics. Been chased by them all pits,boxers,labs,german shepards,huskys. Here is some tips when getting a viscous dog runs out at you. You have less than 5secs to react.Never just stay there and freeze I have seen somebody do that it didnt work out to good.:eek: What I try to do is look for a busy street our car. Anything that is out of range for dogs. But everytime I gotten chased There was more than one people with me. I cant belive I havent been bitten before. Around my neighbors just let there dogs loose. Not to many of the dogs mess with me no more after they got a coupple bb gun holes in them.;)  hey its either you our them and I sure am not going to let them get me.

"pits,boxers,labs,german shepards,huskys"

If any of these dogs are within 25 yards of you and you have no immediate place of shelter, they will have you. Standing or running, they will get you ... without a doubt. I have seen people run and the outcome is the same as standing still. Running seems to piss them off even more as far as I am concerned.

"What I try to do is look for a busy street our car. Anything that is out of range for dogs. But everytime I gotten chased There was more than one people with me."

Still trying to understand this, and how it is a "tip" as to what to do when attacked/chased by a dog.

Unless you shoot the dog, or can get to the other side of a tall fence, the other side of a door (house or car), or up a tree, the dog will own you.

Shoot a dog with a BB gun and he will fear the BB gun, not you. So unless you walk around with the BB gun at all times, I fail to believe that these dogs now fear "just" you.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."