Author Topic: HTC - Bring Back Big Maps!  (Read 6961 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
HTC - Bring Back Big Maps!
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2004, 03:00:57 PM »
Originally posted by MadSquirrel

And I beg to differ.  First, the "Name of the Game" is combat, not just Air to Air combat.  Second of all, without the base capture, you might as well be flying MS Combat sim.  There is an overall theme that exists to attract a larger cross section of Sim drivers.

I partially agree with you in your statement that:  The base capturing merely provides an interesting context within which the fights can occur.  But the reverse is also true.  Without the base capture, there would be no incentive for the fights.  Yes, you will have the ones that just want to furball, but there a those that the furball is just part of the overall appeal of the main strategy.

Consider this.  Two unsinkable carriers in the middle of an ocean.  Pilots takeoff and do battle time and again.  After a while, the fun would be gone.  This varied venue keeps the interest level up.  The same maps keep coming up, but the battle is new every time.

LTARsqrl  
:aok [/B]

That's what 'provides an interesting context means' obviously. As for the game not being about air combat I think you are wrong. Aces "HIGH" is all about air combat, the other stuff was added as an afterthought again to enhance the overall experience. But, you subtract GV's from AH, you still have a great game, you subtract Airplanes from AH, you have diddly squat....
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2004, 03:04:10 PM »
Originally posted by MadSquirrel

And I beg to differ.  First, the "Name of the Game" is combat, not just Air to Air combat.  Second of all, without the base capture, you might as well be flying MS Combat sim.  There is an overall theme that exists to attract a larger cross section of Sim drivers.

I partially agree with you in your statement that:  The base capturing merely provides an interesting context within which the fights can occur.  But the reverse is also true.  Without the base capture, there would be no incentive for the fights.  [/B]

Agreed!!! :aok :aok :)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2004, 04:02:43 PM »
I know all about your squadron and what they are about, we all do. I have known some of your people for many years. Dismount your high horse.

OK - you are entitled to your opinion.

My opinion is U should take on individuals and not a team.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 06:18:54 PM by Busher »
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2004, 04:24:24 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I know all about your squadron and what they are about, we all do. I have known some of your people for many years. Dismount your high horse. This whole thread was started by your very own Metapotato whining because he and the rest of you can't get your lil' base captures to pretty up your scores because there's no undefended fields for you guys to womp with your lil' band of spawncamping scorepotatos.

WTF zazen, you know that isnt true.  In fact - im disgusted you would even say that.

For a start, Hornets have a large squadron.  Some like the GV aspect, others rarely touch them.  Some like to play for rank, i know i do occasionally, i do it sometimes because its good to set yourself targets in the game to aim for - it gives incentive for improvement, along with other stats such as k/d k/s k/t.  

Whats the prob with meta asking for the big maps back? all the small maps are too crowded and give those that want to avoid the mass gangbangings no alternative.

Hornets is in my opinion the best and the most tight knit squadron in aces high.  I would never be in any other squad, and dont be suprised if you get a lot more squad members pissed off with you about this.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 04:28:54 PM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2004, 04:40:01 PM »
That's what 'provides an interesting context means' obviously. As for the game not being about air combat I think you are wrong. Aces "HIGH" is all about air combat, the other stuff was added as an afterthought again to enhance the overall experience. But, you subtract GV's from AH, you still have a great game, you subtract Airplanes from AH, you have diddly squat....

Zaz, buddy ... he's an LTAR .... D. They actually think HT needs to stop modeling planes altogether and add 40 new GV models. :lol

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2004, 05:36:44 PM »
Originally posted by Furball

Whats the prob with meta asking for the big maps back? all the small maps are too crowded and give those that want to avoid the mass gangbangings no alternative.

Hornets is in my opinion the best and the most tight knit squadron in aces high.  I would never be in any other squad, and dont be suprised if you get a lot more squad members pissed off with you about this.

Gonna have to go with Busher and Furby about the Hornets being a good squad. Most of the guys with the Hornets that I have flown with have great reps in the game and are a lot of fun to be online with.
  There lies the prob that has been a curiousity . How in the hell did MetaTron................ awww hell , let`s get to it...How the hell did VOSS get in this squad? ( you can call a squad by any name, it`s the players that makes it)I mean someone who pulled the lamest rip off attempt in the history of the internet. Not only that, but it was targeted at the Flightsim community itself........ya know the community that we all have in common.  Then to compund matters the li`l sick , pathetic puke goes on to conjour up stories of Brain tumors, scorpion bites while on secrets Ops for the CIA, F-16 pilot, etc to try and cover his butt from repercussions. C`mon guys , Hornets don`t deserve to be associated with someone who tryed to rip off our little part of the internetdom.
  Ever notice how during the week MetaVOSS is all peachs and cream about things, then come the weekend, (HINT... when HTC office is closed), he is on the BBS and in the game spouting all the BS to get things stirred up.  Hell, he knows all the stuff that`s going on at HTC right now trying to get things worked out, but then comes in here on the weekend spouting about something so far on the back burner it`s unreal.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2004, 05:52:50 PM »
Voss wants you to invest in his game. KenJr offers a free ride in his B-17 with each PC purchase. MrBlack wants to kick your arse at the con. I say give them all gratis accounts with the one prerequisite being they have to fly in the same squad and keep the above names. Kind of like sex offender registration.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2004, 05:58:16 PM »
Ummm, we know better Metatron, Hornets are all about score whoring, you know it, everyone knows it...:aok

Anytime u want a lesson in duelin let us know Zazen.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2004, 06:00:52 PM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
Anytime u want a lesson in duelin let us know Zazen.

:D

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2004, 06:07:01 PM »
I know all about your squadron and what they are about, we all do. I have known some of your people for many years. Dismount your high horse. This whole thread was started by your very own Metapotato whining because he and the rest of you can't get your lil' base captures to pretty up your scores because there's no undefended fields for you guys to womp with your lil' band of spawncamping scorepotatos.

High horse?  You haven't the decency to argue without dragging others in?  You know very little about the members of 418 Sqn and its history.  There's some guys that fly with us that I always looked up to before they even joined the Hornets.  Some that many have learned from (such as Furball, Busher, DsrtRat, bluedeth, JOC, SirLoin, escafe, attila2, ESB, Hammy, Swoop, BillReed, OverBKil, Cavalear, Acid, Overlag, Mox, snafu, Ripsnort, SlowHand....).  For you to tarnish our squadron is just displaying your complete ignorance and stupidity.
NEXX

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2004, 06:11:46 PM »
As a side note .... and certainly not saying anything derogatory about the Hornets .... I notice Metatron was not on your list.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2004, 06:17:12 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Voss wants you to invest in his game. KenJr offers a free ride in his B-17 with each PC purchase. MrBlack wants to kick your arse at the con. I say give them all gratis accounts with the one prerequisite being they have to fly in the same squad and keep the above names. Kind of like sex offender registration.

Bwahaaaahhhhaaah!!!! sig material. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2004, 06:41:34 PM »
Jackal has his head shoved so far up his own butt his brains are oozing with poop. Makes a nice mental image, Citabria jacking off, zazen running away mentally, and jackal spewing chit. What a wonderful group picture you three would make.

Urchit, the word 'hoard' is appropriate to the situation I outlined. I'm sorry you haven't the mental capacity to put it together.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2004, 06:41:49 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo

heh classic
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2004, 06:46:12 PM »
Originally posted by MetaTron
Jackal has his head shoved so far up his own butt his brains are oozing with poop. Makes a nice mental image, Citabria jacking off, zazen running away mentally, and jackal spewing chit. What a wonderful group picture you three would make.

Urchit, the word 'hoard' is appropriate to the situation I outlined. I'm sorry you haven't the mental capacity to put it together.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013