Author Topic: To Kill an American  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2004, 10:04:11 AM »
DJ,

Good luck and best wishes. Just don't pass up opportunities to further your education including through the service. ;)

BTW it was a good post. Sad to say the reporting is so blatantly biased towards the sensational in the regular media.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2004, 12:44:07 PM »
Originally posted by DJ111
'Till I'm out of High School and enlisting :)

pvt pyle 2... haha

clicky clicky
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2004, 01:27:39 PM »
Good post!

Heya Mav!

Hows life man! Thanks again for all the cool stuff you sent.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »
I can only disagree with mentioning Stalin and Mao.

And I'll definetly not boast this in your place:

When Afghanistan was overrun by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country.

And this is not true:

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed.

Please check the current visa rules. Maybe only the Statue of Liberty welcomes this people, but definetly not American government :(

Sorry for interfering. I hate to see Americans killed, as I hate to see Russians, Bulgarians, Ukrainians, Italians, Spanish, Polish, Iraqi, Afghani or anyone. !

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Re: To Kill an American
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2004, 05:41:22 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty,

but that cannot be.....its French:p

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2004, 05:51:33 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
Nope, just stating that if you snope it you will find that it was written by Peter Ferrara, an associate professor of law at the George Mason University School of Law in Northern Virginia.

The message is definitely good, just not credited accurately.

...and altered some too...

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/america2.htm

h

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: To Kill an American
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2004, 06:13:21 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
but that cannot be.....its French:p

actually it was a gift from the french.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2004, 06:52:33 PM »
GUNSLINGER,BODHI

Thanks for sharing ,I had 2 of my kids read it. I dont know your father but if possible thank him because i do know the spirit. If you add to it what Bodhi said what more needs to be said? Thank u both.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2004, 06:58:59 PM »
Originally posted by demaw1
GUNSLINGER,BODHI

Thanks for sharing ,I had 2 of my kids read it. I dont know your father but if possible thank him because i do know the spirit. If you add to it what Bodhi said what more needs to be said? Thank u both.

side note about my father:

When I was a kid he made me and my brother sit down and watch the movie "red dawn" with him.  Its funny because he viewed it as an educational rather than entertainment.  "watch this closly boy....you never know what them commies may try"

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: To Kill an American
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2004, 07:04:43 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
actually it was a gift from the french.

you don't say:rolleyes:

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2004, 07:05:24 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
I can only disagree with mentioning Stalin and Mao.

And I'll definetly not boast this in your place:

When Afghanistan was overrun by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country.

And this is not true:

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed.

Please check the current visa rules. Maybe only the Statue of Liberty welcomes this people, but definetly not American government :(

Sorry for interfering. I hate to see Americans killed, as I hate to see Russians, Bulgarians, Ukrainians, Italians, Spanish, Polish, Iraqi, Afghani or anyone. !

WAAAAAAHHHHH

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: To Kill an American
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2004, 07:07:56 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
you don't say:rolleyes:

yea its a big statue on ellis island in New York ;)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2004, 07:26:47 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
WAAAAAAHHHHH

Thank you.

Do you really think that Stalin and Mao deliberately KiLlEd Americans?

Do you think that "helping" Islamic terrorists including mr. Usama against legitimate government of Afghanistan was right? Do you think that Soviet military assistance to Afghani government was bloody worse then your unprovoked agressions in Yugoslavia and Iraq? Should I add some words about Vietnam to this glorious declarations of American achievements?

Do you really believe that your country still welcomes immigrants, including refugees, like other countries, Russia being a good example?

Mratlet, you provoked me, thanks. I hate to see anyone killed, but being AmEriCaN doesn't make you special. I do believe that one American killed in WTC is equal to a Russian killed by Chechen "freedom fighters" in Moscow apartment explosions or a Vietnamese killed by stratospheric bombings in Hanoi.

What I hate is stupid propaganda that includes some truth and some lies. Not for me please. I was fed by this in Soviet times.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2004, 07:42:20 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Thank you.

Do you really think that Stalin and Mao deliberately KiLlEd Americans?

Do you think that "helping" Islamic terrorists including mr. Usama against legitimate government of Afghanistan was right? Do you think that Soviet military assistance to Afghani government was bloody worse then your unprovoked agressions in Yugoslavia and Iraq? Should I add some words about Vietnam to this glorious declarations of American achievements?

Do you really believe that your country still welcomes immigrants, including refugees, like other countries, Russia being a good example?

Mratlet, you provoked me, thanks. I hate to see anyone killed, but being AmEriCaN doesn't make you special. I do believe that one American killed in WTC is equal to a Russian killed by Chechen "freedom fighters" in Moscow apartment explosions or a Vietnamese killed by stratospheric bombings in Hanoi.

What I hate is stupid propaganda that includes some truth and some lies. Not for me please. I was fed by this in Soviet times.

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2004, 07:54:46 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

This must be some sort of untranslatable American folklore, but, according to a good old Soviet tradition I'll prefer to call it a provocation ;)