Author Topic: To Kill an American  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2004, 04:43:10 PM »
Originally posted by lada
well its... kinda onsense from that guy IMO

Let me get this straight, you're accusing somebody else of nonsense?

That clerk either knew you in another life or was just amazingly intuitive.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2004, 04:44:28 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
If it would stop your incessant whining, I'd gladly accept that policy.

absolutly.. be so kind and write letter to our retarded goverment....

hold on we have no goverment....

aha... thats the problem .... :D

they has been canceled 2 weeks ago.... woot woot ! :cool:

Offline lada

• Silver Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2004, 04:46:36 PM »
Originally posted by Capt. Pork
Let me get this straight, you're accusing somebody else of nonsense?

very well decoded, but you fork it into wrong folder :)

it were related to statement that ... Italian is American .... not that Fat clerk who is in the jail now for bribes  (not kidding) :D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 05:17:33 PM by lada »

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2004, 05:06:35 PM »
very very decoded, but you fork it into wrong folder :)

it were related to statement that ... Italian is American .... not that Fat clerk who is in the jail now for bribes  (not kidding) :D

What the messege means, and what only you, for various reasons, fail to comprehend, is that almost all Americans, with the exception of Native Americans, have roots elsewhere. Although we all lose some if not most of our identity when we come here, many of us, despite calling ourselves American, still maintain some sort of emotional connection with our ancestral land.

There is a such thing as an American who's proud to be both an American and of person of Italian origin. I'm a Russian-born American myself, and although I'm not very proud of the nation where I was born, I'm proud of my heritage, still speak my native tongue and have two very Americanized parents who, nonetheles, speak with accents--as some of the best Americans do.

now go get your fluff'n shinebox

Offline lada

• Silver Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2004, 05:16:56 PM »

coz you sux at explaining ?

One thing is nationality, what you have writen at documents, passport and other thing is origin.....

may be we could say, that Monkey are Americans as well......

or we could say.... Kelts are Americans...

Man, it is sooooo logical .... im so sorry

however... i see that my post are missing quite a lot chars.... time to sleep :)

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2004, 05:36:48 PM »
Do you have to actually live in America to comprehend what another American means when he or she says "I'm Scottish"?

Offline lada

• Silver Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2004, 05:46:37 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Do you have to actually live in America to comprehend what another American means when he or she says "I'm Scottish"?

When some foreigner live over here he doesnt say "Im scotish" ... he say "Im from   Scotland" when they have diferent nationality.

Aha .. so if i see it correctly, i can meet sutch italian american and spanish american and french american only in America and not in other countries. ...

So basicaly you are saying, that there are not German French ... right ? (indeed i never seen sutch people :D )

dammm.....  more we speak about it, point of that seems to be more far away.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »
Ok Lada here's how it works from a non American. I'm Irish. I was born in Ireland and I can trace my family name name back to about 1014. That's the year not this morning. I have some English blood in me too. I could be called anglo Irish but that is not the tradition. My heritage is Irish going back a long way.  If I went to America to live.  I would become an American citizen but still be Irish.  I would take pride in being American but that could be taken away at any time.  Nothing can take away the fact that I'm Irish.

In America it is the tradition to retain a connection to your origins.  Everybody needs a community. It is still possible to live in America and not speak English because many immigrants live with their own nationalities.

Everybody likes to know where they came from and who they are and Americans do that by remembering their origins while thanking God they were born in America.

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2004, 07:18:11 PM »
coz you sux at explaining ?

One thing is nationality, what you have writen at documents, passport and other thing is origin.....

may be we could say, that Monkey are Americans as well......

or we could say.... Kelts are Americans...

Man, it is sooooo logical .... im so sorry

however... i see that my post are missing quite a lot chars.... time to sleep :)

You're an idiot.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 07:20:42 PM by Capt. Pork »

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »
You're an idiot.

I think you're giving him too much credit

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2004, 08:10:08 PM »
When some foreigner live over here he doesnt say "Im scotish" ... he say "Im from   Scotland" when they have diferent nationality.

Aha .. so if i see it correctly, i can meet sutch italian american and spanish american and french american only in America and not in other countries. ...

So basicaly you are saying, that there are not German French ... right ? (indeed i never seen sutch people :D )

dammm.....  more we speak about it, point of that seems to be more far away.

Are you trying really hard to not understand, or are you just incredibly thick?

Where did I ever say there wasn't German French?  Where did I ever say this only occurs in America?  Not only do I not KNOW what people in other countries say when referring to their bloodlines, I could care less.

Let me type real slow in hopes that you understand this.  If you still have trouble, post your address and I'll put it in pop-up book format for you:

My grandparents came from Scotland.   A huge percentage of Americans can go back several generations to find that generation came to another country.  The USA is young.  While we call ourselves Americans, we still refer to our families nation of origin.  In my case, those people are still alive.

When I say "I'm Scottish", I'm not referring to my citizenship.  I'm referring to where my family came from, before becoming US citizens.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
To Kill an American
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2004, 08:43:12 PM »
U can say all about stalin i .
he was very  feared but he was on the right moment and time.

What if russia where a democracy at the time ? (WOII)

I don't believe america was on stalin's expanding list.

Offline Dogsta04

• Zinc Member
      • http://http://www.geocities.com/no800sqdn/index.html
To Kill an American
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2004, 04:27:49 AM »

I thinks lada is definately going for gold with this one.
a solid 9.0 for style

and I am truly shocked if it aint!

Offline J318

• Zinc Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2004, 10:56:34 AM »
Hey rest of the world! Leave the Americans to debate how great they all are (Yeah but we're called great haha!). When I see another American preaching to the world about how amazingly fantastic his/her advert infested country is I just turn away. Yes I don't like and yes the words 'God Bless America' make my blood boil to know that they think they're God special creatures (or a master race if you will) but I just ignore them. Like every great empire Roman, British, Soviet etc... IT WILL FALL.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2004, 11:01:14 AM »
Originally posted by J318
Hey rest of the world! Leave the Americans to debate how great they all are (Yeah but we're called great haha!). When I see another American preaching to the world about how amazingly fantastic his/her advert infested country is I just turn away. Yes I don't like and yes the words 'God Bless America' make my blood boil to know that they think they're God special creatures (or a master race if you will) but I just ignore them. Like every great empire Roman, British, Soviet etc... IT WILL FALL.

You aren't doing a very good job ignoring.