Author Topic: Sailing Toward a Storm in China  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Sailing Toward a Storm in China
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2004, 10:58:01 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Our countries are still enemies :( Or, to be frank, the US are the enemy of the whole world... :(

Well Boroda, good to see you finally came clean with your delusional paranoia that reveals you're still stuck in the cold war of the 1970s. You now join the ranks of infamous BBS'ites such as Voss and MrBlack.

Congratulations.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2004, 11:03:57 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
Boroda, understand me.  I do not denigrate Russian technology or the will of the people.   You must understand, however, that when you starting laying your weinie on the table for comparison, then facts count louder than propaganda.

Are you saying that we did not overfly Moscow?  Multiple times?  Are you saying that the USSR did not WANT hi rez photos of washington DC?

Hehe :)

We have different approaches. Both sides deserve equal respect. If we lay our weinies on the table - one will be longer but other will be thicker ;)

Why do you think I said we didn't want photos of DC? We needed them and we got them. From sattelites. If you overflew Moscow - it was long before 1960. If you did so after the Ring was built - you were lucky bastards or "red" side simply let you do so. For you it was easier - USSR was surrounded by your bases :(

Sorry, I didn't play the game or read the book your mentioned :(

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2004, 11:11:07 PM »
PM me, and I will send you the book and the game.  It runs on DOS, so your state of the art should run it OK.

[Foghorn Leghorn]  That's a Joke, Son, laugh[/FL]

Seriously, it is a systems sim, not a flight sim, and is pretty fun.  best thing I have seen to date to simulate heavies making a low level nuke run.  Of course it is "ECMed up" from a regular B52 and very much simplified, but it provides the same challenges as it would probably be.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2004, 11:11:13 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
Well Boroda, good to see you finally came clean with your delusional paranoia that reveals you're still stuck in the cold war of the 1970s. You now join the ranks of infamous BBS'ites such as Voss and MrBlack.

Congratulations.

I am not paranoid, just drunk now. If you think that your country is a frienfd to Russia - then you should ask you president. BTW, RUMsfield was a defence secretary back in the 70s, wasn't he? great come back!

Can anyone tell me why you all talk about MrBlack? What was wrong about him? Just being African deserved such a harsh approach? Sounds like Soviet propaganda of the 70s...

Out of beer now. If you guys will keep responding to my posts - I'll go take a bottle of vodka out of refrigirator...:rolleyes:

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2004, 11:12:53 PM »
Well it is late here, 50 minues till midnight, and I am working on drunk.  Get the vodka out, I have a sip or two of whiskey I can pour.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2004, 11:15:53 PM »
Now, boroda.  I can't find a picture of it, but I did find plenty of articles.  Tell me about the 100+ nuke subs mothballed and rusting on the Kola .  How about the home fleet?

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2004, 11:29:21 PM »
Bodhi, thanks for response,I will do my best.

We may tear ourselves apart as u say ,I give credence to that.Like you say they are not stupid,but they think so differant from others.There history screams it out.I read in the paper couple days ago how they are willing to lose several billion people in a war with us.They have long range plans.They have said if they were on par with us now they would have taken taiwan, if it meant war so be it.No politics meant, but what clinton did in giving our tech.to them really hurt us.I have read they gained 20 years on us from that ,[wont argue years.]

They will not attack us now,but their own goal is 10 years, they said that.I didnt say they are willing to wait 200 years to attack us ,I said they are willing to wait 200 or more years for their vision to come to pass.They never forget a perceived wrong.They do not believe they will be destoryed or their land unliveable.
 they believe there is a good chance that we would not retaliate,I am only half sure we would.Bottom line,they believe they would survive.I have read so much about it I believe they believe they would survive. THANKS.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2004, 11:42:37 PM »
Well it is late here, 50 minues till midnight, and I am working on drunk.  Get the vodka out, I have a sip or two of whiskey I can pour.

Took vodka out. Poured 50g. Clinking with my display: dzin'  ;)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2004, 11:45:54 PM »
Originally posted by demaw1
I read in the paper couple days ago how they are willing to lose several billion people in a war with us.

They have said if they were on par with us now they would have taken taiwan, if it meant war so be it.

They will not attack us now,but their own goal is 10 years, they said that.

I have read so much about it I believe they believe they would survive. THANKS.

mkay source?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2004, 11:50:16 PM »
Wow this was refreshing even without food %-)

Now, boroda.  I can't find a picture of it, but I did find plenty of articles.  Tell me about the 100+ nuke subs mothballed and rusting on the Kola .  How about the home fleet?

The problem is that we have worked our prettythang off to build more subs then you... Now we have beasts like Typhoon two-hull submerged missile cruisers, with displacement close to your Iowa battleships... They have winter gardens, saunas and swimming pools on board (i mean it! 25m swimming pools!).

Who needs old vessels when we have new ships? IIRC you have only Ohio SSBMs on duty now? You abandoned Seawolf attck sub project and now start to withdraw LA-class from duty - so do you expect us to keep November ("Kit"= "Whale") cruisers?

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2004, 11:54:53 PM »
No, well, yes. I don't have numbers, but I am guessing that our nuke mothball fleet is 30 odd subs.  Soviet doctrine has always been to hand those units down, not get rid of them.  An admirable concept too, and similar to how our National Guard is outfitted, but the Russians always carried it to it's logical extreme.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2004, 12:08:27 AM »
No, well, yes. I don't have numbers, but I am guessing that our nuke mothball fleet is 30 odd subs.  Soviet doctrine has always been to hand those units down, not get rid of them.  An admirable concept too, and similar to how our National Guard is outfitted, but the Russians always carried it to it's logical extreme.

If a sub is signed off duty - it's simply kept in a harbour with some skeleton crew to simply not let it sink with a reactor on board. Subs that you think are "mothballed" are in fact unable to ever take out to the sea. They are disarmed and almost scrapped (or really scrapped of everything valuable).

We don't have any "reserve" technical equipment, just as we don't have anything like your National Guards. Everything that is signed off duty, including almost new planes (like MiG-25s anf Su-15 interceptors 10 years ago) are immediately torn apart and sold out as scrapped aluminium... :(

There are legends that we have thousands of ZiS-5 trucks (that simply have nothing valuable to steal from), PPSh automats and Mosin rifles - but nothing modern that contains valuable metals like copper or aluminium. :( So it goes.

Another glass for your health: dzin'!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2004, 12:14:11 AM »
Sometimes it seems natural.... then BLAMMO I am jolted by the startling epiphany that we're talkin to a bonafide RUSSIAN about submarines and such.

who knew...

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2004, 12:23:25 AM »
So the Russian army does not pass down equipment, tier to tier in  the armys?

(My last shot, the spell check is taking longer than the inital post)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2004, 12:33:11 AM »
HEhe, pouring another 50grams, nothing to chase it with - but who cares i have a cigarette, 0930 here saturday is out %-]

Your health! dzin'!

I thought about scanning my hand with a glass, tried it, spilled half of the glass on the scanner screen, no good %-]

Good night guys!