Author Topic: ONCE AGAIN I CANT PLAY its getting OLD  (Read 918 times)

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
ONCE AGAIN I CANT PLAY its getting OLD
« on: January 06, 2001, 12:39:00 AM »
Last weekend was bad, but now again I get home log on and I have 2 bases both capped all to hell, one with 25% fuel, one 50%, no dar, no CVs no Ports, NO TROOPS.  

So just what the hell am I supposed to do?

This is so worth the monthly fee when at least HALF the time I log on durring the weekend all I can do is be vulch fodder.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2001, 12:50:00 AM »
This is easy.

The weekends eh? Ok... given that, lets assume roughly 200+ flyin. Divided by 3, you get, oh... 65 per country. You tryin' to tell us that there's 65 people uppin' from a capped field?

Nope...

U pickin' the wrong fields to launch from.

"Just what the hell [are u] supposed to do?"

Erhm.... launch from any of the many fields that aren't being capped.

Keep in mind - you are never being vulched...per say. Being vulched is a choice you make. You are simply being denied a chance to get in the way of the other country's ability to capture that field. Ya can squeak about that... but ya aint gonna get any mileage out of it.

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2001, 01:01:00 AM »
Not to put to fine a point on this...but did you READ my post?  Please re-read it and see the problem.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2001, 01:04:00 AM »
Ok - I re-read it... and I'm still unsure of the problem. You have 2 fields being capped... Are you saying these 2 fields are the only 2 fields yer county owns?

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2001, 01:09:00 AM »
Yeppers 2 fields...and its like a pattern after 9PM on weekends....a very annoying pattern

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2001, 01:22:00 AM »
Ah ok... well.. ya that's different... and yeah, it sucks.

Prollem is, the whole field capture/win the war thing revolves around, well... capturing fields. If yer down to a coupla bases, that's just the way it goes. Some folks don't like it - and I understand that.

2 hours earlier, ya prolly had 6 fields to up from. 2 hours later and ya got a whole third of the map to up from...  Bad timing.

Not much more ya can chalk it up to.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2001, 01:28:00 AM »
just do nothign for 10 min, threy will take both fields, you guys reset and go again.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

TheWobble

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2001, 01:44:00 AM »
Actually alot of times amazinhunk will level a entire countrie down to 1 or 2 bases and then....nothing, just cap them and nothing else, I guess theri line of thinking goes something like this:

"Gee we spent 3 hours beating them back and now if we capture this base the arena will reset and they will be ven with us again, thats no fun lets keep them down as long as
We can"

2late has a very valid gripe here, if he works like most of us, then he has a relativly small window in which he gets to play, he SHOULD be pissed if every time he logs on the arena is squeakbeating the team he always flies on.  And changing teams doesent usually appeal to anyone, you fly for your country 100% of the tims, for whatever reason you have you have yer favorite country and having it beatne into the ground when you come in IS NOT FUN.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2001, 03:04:00 AM »
So arena should reset when 3 airfields left, how aboout this?
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2001, 03:16:00 AM »
Sadly, the rooks are cursed with too many 'tards who would rather get on the AOL chat channel (1) while hovering 5-10k over a field that a handful of their countrymen are trying desperately to capture. Of course they'll make the occasional vulch, but strafe hangars? what the hell is that anyway? Might get the hands dirty doing that!  

Sure, the rooks have some great teamplayers, kbman, cavey, and their guys come to mind, and theres many more. But too many are just clueless, you ask for help capping a field? no response (nadda, zip, zero) is the typical reply.

Sure, I like to fly around and do fighter stuff, and when I'm up in my 109 I can't strafe hangars, but if someone asks me a sitrep of a field that I'm flying over, I'm gonna give it to 'em. It's called teamwork. I'm not sure if us being outnumbered (most of the time) causes these problems, or if us having these problems causes people to leave the rooks, therefore making us outnumbered.  

Thursday night my squad hooked up with some other countrymen and really did some good, we took 6 airfields in 2-3 hours. This was very encouraging. but what shape would the rooks be in if the 20-30% of guys who participate left the country?

I think what the rooks need right now is for a good reputable squad to take some initiative and come over from another country for a tour or two, and help some of us educate these poor people on strategy.   Unfortunately their aren't too many squads in this game who are willing to volantarily come over to a tough situation just to try and even out the gameplay.

I'm rambling now, I'll leave it at that, it's time fer bed...

This is not a whine, I have no country allegiance in here, like I said, milenko and I decided a while back to fly for the country with the least #'s. I just wish more CO's would do the same...

------------------

EMAIL         assassins@aceshighcs.com            
EMAIL         hblair@aceshighcs.com        

[This message has been edited by hblair (edited 01-06-2001).]

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2001, 04:06:00 AM »
Well, it's obvious you guys need the help of a squad truely dedicated to organization and stict planning.  Therefor, as Chief Former Latrine Scrubber in charge of Nothing, I volunteer the FDBs to champion your cause.  For this, we will need but few concessions which you should consider more than fair.

1.  Beer, and lots of it.
2.  Pizza, hot wings, cheesey poofs, beer, & pizza...and hot wings.
3.  Naked pictures of your girlfriends and/or daughters over the ages of 17.  Animal may be flexible on the age thing, but let's leave that one be.
4.  Some JD for yours truely.
5.  More beer.
6.  Your finest accomidations, including big cushy coutches with big-screen TVs.  Preferably these would have attached servants quarters so the canuck contingent of the squad has a place to sleep as well.  If not, a tent or a bushy tree will suffice.

Once these demands are met, we will fly enmASS to Rooklandia in Nikis dragging shredded pieces of chutes from our engine cowlings and wing spars.  I'll await your reply by messanger...please send Pizza, Beer, and a few photographs with him.  You're most welcome!

SOB
CFLSicoN
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2001, 04:25:00 AM »
Right on SOB! That would be fun.  

Plus it would be funny to hear Kbtard freaking out on RW again making strange Mafia kill references and weird toejam like that, forgetting callsigns are characters, and real AH sim guys are, well, like AH sim guys.

Naw, they tards, and will never pay up anyway! Kill Rooks.

-towd_

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2001, 08:20:00 AM »
seem the answer to the guys post is get used to it lol . if a squad or 2 of bangers is up the banged side may as well log . wich is exactly what happend . not a good thing at 30 bucks a month . hey but the squads got lots of perk points quake here we come

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2001, 08:30:00 AM »
Could just change countries!!!

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2001, 08:31:00 AM »
Uh, ok, maybe this is too obvious.

If you normally play at a certain time, and at that time the country you currently play for never has enougy fields.... switch countries.  Simple.

The alternative is to get organized.  If you form your own squad and hook up with other folks who play the same time you do, you can make a difference.  It only takes a handful of organized folks to have a big impact on the arena.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"