Author Topic: Guns Or Roses  (Read 1607 times)

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2004, 04:36:32 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
x2, fewer arrows as you could always fletch new ones and keep the good ones for backup...about 10 fishing hooks and at least 2 rods...

and a saw, a axe, a bowie knife, some black powder,at least 10 yards of rope, at least 500 of those work while wet camping matches, some flint, a good winter coat, and a tent.maybe a hammer and nails...a good mountain bike with maybe 20 patch repair kits...

which, depending on the type of tent shouldent weigh to much, certainly carriable on panniers

I would agree to most of that, with exception for the bike, its far too noisy.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2004, 04:43:09 PM »
Originally posted by DieAz
I would agree to most of that, with exception for the bike, its far too noisy.

? i was referring to a pedal powered mountain bike...they make little noise,

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2004, 08:20:59 PM »
A rifle/shotgun (over/under) is an ideal survival gun. I own one in .22LR/.410, but prolly a .22MAG/20guage would be a bit better in this scenario.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2004, 08:26:25 PM »
LOL, I'm with this!!!!

NUTTZ
P.S. You can always trade pr0n for a rifle, rock/paper/scissors thingy

Originally posted by Saintaw
Copy SOB's pr0n collection for survival!

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2004, 08:28:23 PM »
I have a mossberg 5 shot w/ the pistol grip. In Philly it is still legal, but illegal for the gun dealer to sell it this way, I had to put the pistol grip on.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by culero
A rifle/shotgun (over/under) is an ideal survival gun. I own one in .22LR/.410, but prolly a .22MAG/20guage would be a bit better in this scenario.

culero

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2004, 08:32:28 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Well, it was a neat trick of yours to get yourself to the East Coast of the US (despite the lack of communication and, I assume, transportation) and then swim 800-1,000 miles to where I live in order to shoot me.

Dood is obviously confused.

It said "Guns or Roses" NOT "Guns and Moses"....

(can't be arsed to read the rest of the thread but if my reply no longer makes sense, well then you all can suck a nut!") :D

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2004, 09:05:50 PM »
Nash
 Don't make us wip out a rottie with a 5 gallon bucket!:)

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2004, 09:06:04 PM »
Gees guys what is it you all dont understand about 1 gun and 2 cases ammo? LOL

Ok my turn and i will try to stay close to intent.

Although from 1700s to about 1895 the most popular gun for defence and food was the shot gun,I would choose my mini 14 in 223 caliber.

1. of all my guns I am dam good with it
 2. I assume 2 cases would be  like i have purchase be for so because of caliber I would have about 5000 rounds,of which 3000rounds would be ball ammo,the rest soft nose.
 3 . It is a lite weapon with good fire power for defence could defend against more than 1 person with it.Range is good enough I could hold my own with those that have up to 3006 caliber and little lady pretty good with.it.
 4. bullet fast enough for varments,and heavy enough for deer out to 200 yards under these conditions only.
 5. rugged gun unlike m 16 can take a beating.
 6.I would make all fishing stuff etc.,maybe buy it if allowed
 7.know right where Id be so if stayed healthy,and it all happened in summer at latest family would be fine kinda.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2004, 09:11:37 PM »
Just a question...

Would surviving mean having to spend the rest of my life in the company of those who would answer in such great detail?

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2004, 09:13:26 PM »
Well there is no such thing as one gun for all jobs, but if I had to pick just one I would not pick a .223 rifle.

It would prolly be a bolt action, like a rem 700 in .308 or my trust M1 Garand in 30-06(yes I know this is not a bolt action! Duh!.

If it was good enough for WW2 and Korea, it should be good enough to take over Bermuda!

Now I know Curv went and got himself a death star, but I have the plans to turn the Iowa, into a space battleship Just like in Starblazers!

The new hull mounted main gun would easily take out a piddly little death star.

I think Curval is underestimating the power of my super***** sister, If the space battleship Iowa, failed I would just launch her at the deathstar, then you are in a world of hurt. lucas, (that HACK!) never envisioned a threat like that to his "super" space station!:aok

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2004, 11:02:51 PM »
Gtora2    

both weapons are super, my thought was with a bolt you would never be able to protect your family in to days reality, to many people would have semi autos and what do you think be in gangs of five ? Garand great weapon but only holds eight rounds and size of caliber would limit amount of ammo in case.But better to go with what you comfortable with.

Nash  emmm I know....shove it...lol

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2004, 12:24:58 AM »
For simplicity of maintenance and availability of ammunition, I would have to go with a Kentucky Longrifle flintlock.  

A rifle easily maintained by tools available to one siting around a campfire.

I could make ammo balls from scrap lead. I could make blackpowder the old fashioned way, by digging up crystalline salt peter from old pig styes. (charcoal and sulfer being more easily obtained)

Actually the best thing to do would be to find an old mailbag and make people belive I was part of a restuctured government and I was delivering mail.

I probably would become a hero to the common man, and be invited to impregnate females in each new town I visit.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline tony barnes

• Zinc Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2004, 02:12:27 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
No, 2 cases.

In a countryside situation I beleive there would be more of a chance at finding ammo, or at least reloading equipment from country residents for this one more than any.
  Ammo= 1 case 00 buck.
               1 case #4s

and there you hit the nail on the head , 30-06 , .44 and 12/20 gauge shot gun shells will be around the longest . or if at all lol . Go stainless steel in what ever you get . as for a knife , in my opinion any good bowie will do .
   and if i realy would have to chose 1 gun i'd cry . I have 2 stainless steel .44's  6.5 to 7 in. barrles, stainless 300 win mag. , .444 marlin (who's lead is interchangeable with .44) good ole .30-30 , .22 lever , over and under 12 ga. <--prefer side by side ,just fell into this 1 , and last but not least  my demon crossbow , arrows/bolt's arnt that hard to make but fletching takes alittle practice .

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2004, 03:20:53 AM »
M1 Garand= Bad Idea

Soon as you run out of clips, you can't reload your weapon.  Even if you collected all the bullet clips after they ejected, they would wear out over time.

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
Guns Or Roses
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2004, 07:48:32 AM »
Originally posted by vorticon
? i was referring to a pedal powered mountain bike...they make little noise,

LOL, go ahead and take your bike with you, but be warned,
in the words of Mel Gibson in the Maverick movie.
"You couldn't sneak up on a corpse."  

yea, I watched a few movies in my life. ;)
sometimes they say it best in the movies.