Author Topic: Is Kerry a hero?  (Read 3948 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2004, 04:30:59 PM »
The Republicans are just lashing out because they have NOTHING to counter Kerry's military service record.
I can really see this happening at the RNC:

"President Bush had an emotional reunion with buddies from Ground School Class H-172. The members slapped each other on the back and recalled the harrowing moments in class before turning in their homework. "I had a paper cut" one of the members recalled, "I was bleeding slightly, but George reached out and gave me a linen hankey to stop the bloodflow. He saved my life."
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2004, 04:33:29 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Do you honestly need me to prove this Saburo? Just turn on the tv for crying out loud, its the DNC right now, you can probably catch a good 20 hours of it.

How far are you going to spin this?
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2004, 04:34:42 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
The Republicans are just lashing out because they have NOTHING to counter Kerry's military service record.

We don't have to counter his military service record.  His COs did that.  All of them.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2004, 04:38:38 PM »
Martlet,
Oops, you're right, I got you mixed up in the wrong response (Doh!). Sorry.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2004, 04:41:40 PM »
Do you honestly need me to prove this Saburo? Just turn on the tv for crying out loud, its the DNC right now, you can probably catch a good 20 hours of it.

They carry the DNC in Sweden Richard?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2004, 04:42:04 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
How far are you going to spin this?

What spin? Are you honestly arguing that the Kerry campaign is not using his Vietnam stories to prop him up as a hero?

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2004, 04:42:34 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Martlet,
Oops, you're right, I got you mixed up in the wrong response (Doh!). Sorry.

No problem.  Don't forget that, though.

I'm ALWAYS right. :aok

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2004, 04:54:38 PM »
What spin? Are you honestly arguing that the Kerry campaign is not using his Vietnam stories to prop him up as a hero?

No, not at all. It's what any politician/party would do, have done, will do.
You made a statement that he brags about it. It would kind of piss me off too if any candidate kept saying "I'm a war hero, see what I did in Vietnam? I saved another's life!" Now THAT would be bragging.
I have no problem that others bring up the positives in their candidate of choice. You expect his party not to bring it up?
I take it you have a problem with Cunningham having his Vietnam experiences being brought up? How about Bush's in WWII?
Like it or not, Kerry's a hero for his part in saving the life of his fellow soldier.
He's not being 'propped'.  No more so than Cunningham or Bush was.
If you just don't like Kerry for his politics, so be it. Can't take away his valor for his action, though. You disrespect his heroic act, otherwise.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2004, 05:09:27 PM »

Heh, funneh...I had enough of your BS about two years ago.

I dunno whats worse, you wanting to have some "who is brightest"-flamefest or you seeing yourself as Saburos "wingman"...

a bit too many hours playing pilot there maybe?

How terrible for you! There must have been some accident or head trauma that precludes you from understanding sarcastic rhetoric. I don't want a flamefest with you... that would be unfair.... for you.

Let me help you a little more. The wingman comment was based on the fact that Subaro had no trouble dealing with your idiotic condescension. He didn't need my help. You on the other hand, do need help. Maybe sometime after puberty you'll see the light.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2004, 05:34:33 PM »
Next on "when attempts at sarcasm goes awry".

Grow up MT, at least try to act your age.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2004, 05:37:06 PM »
weak Richard.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2004, 05:37:45 PM »
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 05:40:33 PM by B17Skull12 »
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2004, 05:38:58 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
You stinking liberal SOB.

;)

LOL, I've been at lunch and a job interview, so I missed this until now.  Well, at least I ain't a dirty "fence-sitter"!  Thank god for that! :D
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2004, 05:43:57 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
Click here MT and everyone else

?? blank page.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Is Kerry a hero?
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2004, 05:50:39 PM »
Of course he's a hero. I'm sure he could have got a place in the National Guard, but he went to Viet Nam. Thats pretty heroic in my book. I think I'd have opted for the safer rout - like a certain President we know. The Republicans can attack the Democratic platform on many fronts, but to attack Kerry personaly is plain stupid and will hurt them more than Kerry. He has a military record that contains REAL combat and purple hearts, and he's objectively smarter than Bush.

It would be a dangerous game for the Republicans to attack Kerry on a personal level instead of the platform. Clinton was a much easier target and even that didn't work too well.