Author Topic: Open letter to all.  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 10:14:40 AM »
Originally posted by jamusta
Once again my job is not to die. Just like the firemans job is not to die while putting out the fire. The officers job is not to die while catching a criminal. My job is to complete my mission and to keep the soldiers under me alive. I dont see why you people can't see this.

It's obvious your belief and mine are a little different. I signed up to be a medic, and it was my job to save lives. It's also the job of the military to take them.

I don't want our kids killed. I don't want their kids killed, but in this realistic world, belief differences bring about conflict that cause death. I am proud of our kids making a difference in the world, helping other countries realise their freedom to be different if they want.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 10:18:15 AM »
Your job is not to die-your job is to protect our country.  The President's job is to determine when and where.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 10:27:13 AM »
Originally posted by jamusta
Once again my job is not to die. Just like the firemans job is not to die while putting out the fire. The officers job is not to die while catching a criminal. My job is to complete my mission and to keep the soldiers under me alive. I dont see why you people can't see this.

If you arent prepared to die to do the job then why volunteer for it?  I have the utmost respect for guys putting their lives on the line defending the freedoms that we enjoy and if I was called on to go through a draft or whatever then I would go.  But its all about choices....I hear it all the time at work when someone complains about work conditions.  They made the choice to do what they are doing....nobody else did.  I have a hard time feeling any compassion for those guys that volunteered for military service just for the college benefits and now are all pissed because they actually have to go fight.  Nobody forced you to join....thats why its a volunteer military.

And no your job may not be to die....but there is the chance that may happen when bullets start whizzing around.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004, 10:31:59 AM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
Good for you Rip, you are a tard.
-SW

Good for me? I asked you a question. You refuse to answer it. You and Horn have a consistent bad habit of calling names first, then knee-jerk replying.  Can't you two act like adults and discuss an issue without resorting to personal insults?

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2004, 10:35:41 AM »
It was not a question, you already had your implications. You want to ask a question, then ask it. Don't include your preconcieved notions in it.

I also find it ironic you ask me to act like an adult when you run around calling people liberals or some slang name for democrats when they don't agree with you.

I'll treat you like an adult if you can act like one.
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 10:37:33 AM »
It was not a question, you already had your implications. You want to ask a question, then ask it. Don't include your preconcieved notions in it.

I also find it ironic you ask me to act like an adult when you run around calling people liberals or some slang name for democrats when they don't agree with you.

I'll treat you like an adult if you can act like one.
-SW

Well paint a broader picture then, a "tard" indicates a single person, a "Liberal" indicates a GROUP of people, not a singular one.

And, answer the question.  Oh, you can't?  Afraid to have to provide facts and data that would make you feel safer if Kerry was in office? :lol

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2004, 10:40:29 AM »
See, preconcieved notions. Just because I think Bush and his administration are ****ing up, I must support Kerry. Isn't that right? You just can't get past choosing a side and then presuming someone is on the other one.

Someday you, and those like you, will learn this isn't about teams or whose side gets voted into office.
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2004, 10:42:15 AM »
I asked a simple question:
Would Kerry in office make you "feel" safer?  Not sure what kind of spin you're webbing into that question.  Feel free to defensively spin it the way you want though.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2004, 10:43:14 AM »
punt

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2004, 10:44:12 AM »
Originally posted by slimm50
punt

LOL! :rofl

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2004, 10:45:21 AM »
There is no spin, its clear as day. Had you not included your preconcieved notions into the statement, I would have answered it. Why Kerry? Bi-partisan. As much as you say you "vote the issues" you clearly chose a side.
-SW

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2004, 10:47:36 AM »

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2004, 10:48:46 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Good for me? I asked you a question. You refuse to answer it. You and Horn have a consistent bad habit of calling names first, then knee-jerk replying.  Can't you two act like adults and discuss an issue without resorting to personal insults?

Ok, let me get this out of the way, then: I call a shovel a shovel. If the shoe fits.....

But to answer your question: I would feel safer with someone in office who wasn't incompetent, who could actually admit a mistake and try to rectify it, who wouldn't mislead us to fulfill his own agenda, who wouldn't hire extremists in key positions, who would filter intelligence information properly and who might have a workable plan other than "duck and cover." For starters. To date, that man is not our current President. So, if that means a change in regime then so be it. Happy now?

h

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2004, 10:49:02 AM »
...this isn't about teams or whose side gets voted into office.
-SW

but it is as they will decide the future of this country for the next four years..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Open letter to all.
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2004, 10:51:21 AM »
This is my stance.
-SW

Who would you suggest as a good candidate to make you feel safer?