Author Topic: Aces HIgh II: 1st Camp After Action Report  (Read 4041 times)

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Aces HIgh II: 1st Camp After Action Report
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 10:35:53 PM »
Ratnick you beat me to the crux of this whole thing.

They are just numbers, and can't reflect talent. there are too many variables.

This whole thread is pointless in fact.

It is without a point.

It is not pointy at all.

It is rounded at the end.

The ends of the thread converge rather bluntly.

The ends of the thread do not meet at a sharp angle.

It is in fact, A NON POINTY THREAD!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled BBS bashing.

RTR
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 10:38:02 PM by RTR »
The Damned

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 10:48:55 PM »
Numbers mean squat.

Numbers mean nothing.

Numbers are just things to manipulate to make your argument valid.

It is...exactly as Rat and RTR said...Not Pointy. To many variables.

BUTTTTTTTTTT........Zazen.... .I know you will NOT want to be told that there is the slightest chance that they may possibly have a point. SOOOOOOOOO........I wont say it.

I'll just simply know that.....

The ROOKS (who I flew with for a month) are in your mind the baddest of the bad....They are the Best of the Best.

THEY ARE TRULY ...AcesHigh Gods.

The Knights and Bishes are mere pieces of slag to be spat upon by the all supieror pilot skills of the all mighty rooks.

As a matter a fact....Why in the world do we Knights and Bishes even bother to up a plane. WHy do we give any effort what so ever to trying to match the AWSOME display of flying prowess of those mighty ROOK aces. Those Aces that are in the middle of those other 5 or 6 rooks. The ones that rack up those simply amazing numbers of kills by flying at 25k like the mighty Eagle. Searching below for its un-suspecting prey that is trying to get a kill.

It's because we are inferior to you ROOK aces. We knights and Bishes are polywogs. We are nothing.

I am truly sorry...and may I speak for most of the knights here when I say...TRULY SORRY that we infest your AREA and Arena with our sorry choice of planes..Dweebiness..and pure lack of skill.:rofl
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 10:51:43 PM by RedTop »
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 11:01:13 PM »
Okay..here is the truth ...finally.

Had to go back a few hundred threads to find it, but it explains everything.

It's cut'n paste rather than drag up the whole thread.

Why I am a Bishop :)
Wish I could say that I am a bishop by choice, but that wouldn't really be true. The true reason requires a bit of a lecture in RTR's theories of evolution
Now back in the old days (say roughly 40,000 years ago) there were 2 fairly dominant species of hominid. The Neanderthal being the more unfortunate of the two. Now Neanderthals were very close to Homo Sapiens Sapiens genetically, and it is entirely possible that there was some cross breeding going on there. (although many anthropologists will argue against, many will argue for). However, eventually Neanderthal was to die out and all remnants of his/her genetics have long since dissappeared.
Which brings me to the real point here.
We have in our midst a very close relative. The Chimpanzee (only one chromosome difference folks). Now, it only makes sense that somewhere along the line during a drunken spree, something terrible happened.
So...I am not pointing fingers here, but these phrases "altitude monkey", "ACK monkey" etc must have had an origin.
Now, with all this "evidence", and the fact that I have never met a Bishop who had scabs on his/her knuckles, or whose toes curled inwards, or who complained of a bad case of "monkey butt" after a night of debauchery, I must conclude through "sound reasoning" that Knits and Rooks have a bit of Chimp in'em.
So you see folks, its not a matter of what I want to be, its a matter of being what I have to be, (what I can only be), because of genetics.
Somedays I really wish I could be a Knit or Rook ( I really do like bananas), but alas, it was just never meant to be.

Cheers  
RTR
"sometimes, to get the desired result, you have to poke'em with a stick."
The Damned

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004, 11:25:40 PM »
This whole side bashing is frankly getting old.  I've been on both Bish and Rooks so far in my little over a year of playing both seem the same to an extent.  

For starters the whole numbers issue is a complete joke.  Even when I was a Bish we would fly in hordes.  Didn't matter if it was a horde flying to a Rook base or horde flying to Knight base.  We still flew in mass numbers overwhelming the base.  It also depended on what day or time of day it was as to whether or not we had the numbers.  Early in the evening the Bish always had equal or higher numbers than both sides.  Sometimes we'd have atleast twice as many numbers against a particular country.  During late night hours it would go even or in favor of the Bish again. Biggest thing I've noticed is that Bish had a tendency to waste resources when they really didn't have any to waste.  Opposed to doing alot of harrassment tactics in alot areas and hammer specific targets in another like the other two sides seem to do.

The Rooks do have numbers when it comes to the weekend.  What rock they are crawling out from under I have no clue but they do come and come out in force. I honestly wouldn't know about the flying in massive packs on Rooks cause I have yet to have to do that.  I've got my squad mates to fly with and they are all I need to have around.  One major thing I've noticed is the squads on the Rook side stick together all the time and they constantly fly wingmen tactics.  The squads will fly in packs starting at around 2 to 12 pilots.  If that is considered flying with a horde then I'm guilty.

With my squad though we don't go looking for the massive horde going to a base.  We actually do the opposite.  We go to an area where there is large red dar bar and very little green around.  Means less fighting for food that way.  Which in the end does mean we will be outnumbered and very possibly overwhelmed by enemy cons.  

I have flown with alot of good pilots on both Bish and Rooks and I'd have to say it's not necessarily that they have less talent but they don't always use that talent to their advantage.  I've also fought against many good pilots on Knights so I wouldn't disregard them as being mediocre by any means.  I can't say that one side or the other has better pilots just that IMO some sides don't use their experience and talents to their advantage.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2004, 11:26:04 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop

It's because we are inferior to you ROOK aces. We knights and Bishes are polywogs. We are nothing.

dangit, I ain't no polywog, I am a certified BLue Nose and a certified Shellback!

phewfffff polywog........phewfffff

:D
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 11:46:18 PM »
its a bit hard to kill a rook when they are La7's or niks at 30k.............

yay skill, id rather fight against knights anyday, at least they are fair, and still good pilots at that
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2004, 11:50:52 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
its a bit hard to kill a rook when they are La7's or niks at 30k.............

yay skill, id rather fight against knights anyday, at least they are fair, and still good pilots at that

Fair?!? What does fair have to do with anything? Life isn't fair, war isn't fair, even simulated war isn't fair! If you want fair go to DA, meet in same plane against one guy at 5k and yank and bank until the pain from the carpal tunnel syndrome forces you into a wrist splint. If you want simulated warfare, fly the MA, where there is no fair, just the killers and those....re-planing.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2004, 11:52:36 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Fair?!? What does fair have to do with anything? Life isn't fair, war isn't fair, even simulated war isn't fair! If you want fair go to DA, meet in same plane against one guy at 5k and yank and bank until the pain from the carpal tunnel syndrome forces you into a wrist splint. If you want simulated warfare, fly the MA, where there is no fair, just the killers and those....re-planing.

Zazen
:rolleyes:

anyway, if you want to go by numbers...how about mine? what squad has been top for the last 4-5tours? and what side has it come from? ;)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2004, 11:53:13 PM »
:rolleyes: 200 pilots vs. 100 pilots will make the 200 look better everytime.

Rooks have numbers , will continue to have numbers , and both Bish and Knights don't.

Skew it all you want. But the side with the most will always look better.:rolleyes:

AGREED WHOLEHEARTEDLY

Only you put it much more politely Then I was gonna
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2004, 11:57:28 PM »
Numbers mean squat.

Numbers mean nothing.

Numbers are just things to manipulate to make your argument valid.

It is...exactly as Rat and RTR said...Not Pointy. To many variables.

BUTTTTTTTTTT........Zazen.... .I know you will NOT want to be told that there is the slightest chance that they may possibly have a point. SOOOOOOOOO........I wont say it.

I'll just simply know that.....

The ROOKS (who I flew with for a month) are in your mind the baddest of the bad....They are the Best of the Best.

THEY ARE TRULY ...AcesHigh Gods.

The Knights and Bishes are mere pieces of slag to be spat upon by the all supieror pilot skills of the all mighty rooks.

As a matter a fact....Why in the world do we Knights and Bishes even bother to up a plane. WHy do we give any effort what so ever to trying to match the AWSOME display of flying prowess of those mighty ROOK aces. Those Aces that are in the middle of those other 5 or 6 rooks. The ones that rack up those simply amazing numbers of kills by flying at 25k like the mighty Eagle. Searching below for its un-suspecting prey that is trying to get a kill.

I am truly sorry...and may I speak for most of the knights here when I say...TRULY SORRY that we infest your AREA and Arena with our sorry choice of planes..Dweebiness..and pure lack of skill.:rofl

That was a funny read. Thank-You.

Numbers are a bread crumb trail, they are like archaelogical evidence. Like archaelogical evidence, they are not the living reality, but the footprint of a life lived. These threads are not here to force my own personal conclusions on anyone. These threads are here merely to present the data and invite discussions as to the cause and effect relationships that caused these statistical trends.

Alot has been made of the numerical disparities in the MA. People are using arena numbers figures as a reason for their unhappniess and misfortune in the MA. These numbers prove beyond any reasonable person's doubt that MA numerical disparities have a ZERO NET EFFECT on the end result of gameplay in the MA. To deny this one simple fact is to admit to being an irrational being.

Zazen

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2004, 12:02:35 AM »
zazen im sure if all the bish and all the knights flew la7s or p51s we'd have the same "cool" rank as rooks :rolleyes:

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 12:05:19 AM »
zazen im sure if all the bish and all the knights flew la7s or p51s we'd have the same "cool" rank as rooks :rolleyes:

Ummmm, try flying Rooks one day, all you Bish fly are Lgay7's, Niki's and Spits.... :rofl I had to take a deep breath after reading that to avoid choking on my tongue. :eek:

Zazen

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 12:12:51 AM »
:rolleyes:

anyway, if you want to go by numbers...how about mine? what squad has been top for the last 4-5tours? and what side has it come from? ;)

Yup, fully 1/3 of all the Bishop's whopping 18 Top 99 fighter pilots are in your squadron. Busher is a wonderfull recruiter, not real picky though . ;)

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 12:33:06 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2004, 12:13:27 AM »
It can be claimed till the end of the earth that the Rooks somehow have better pilots.
I personally through my own experiance just dont see it.
Timewise I fight Rooks and bish about evenly
And I dont see any rook pilots that are any better then any bish pilots
Both sides seem to have some pretty good sticks and both sides seem to have pilots that well...Aint so good.
Yet I've killed more rooks then I have bish.
The ONLY difference I see between either is the amount of numbers that rooks tend to put up
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2004, 12:28:43 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
It can be claimed till the end of the earth that the Rooks somehow have better pilots.
I personally through my own experiance just dont see it.
Timewise I fight Rooks and bish about evenly
And I dont see any rook pilots that are any better then any bish pilots
Both sides seem to have some pretty good sticks and both sides seem to have pilots that well...Aint so good.
Yet I've killed more rooks then I have bish.
The ONLY difference I see between either is the amount of numbers that rooks tend to put up

Actually you should check your own statistics. You may not realize it but you are in fact a great example.

Drediock's Last 5 Tours Cumulative Kill Totals:

Drediock vs. Bishops:

Drediock's Kills vs. Bishops:1,390
Bishop's Kills vs. Drediock:1,014
Drediock's K/D vs. Bishops:1.37:1 Kills per Death

Drediock vs Rooks:

Drediock's Kills vs. Rooks:1,566
Rook's Kills vs. Drediock:1,257
Drediock's K/D vs Rooks:1.25:1 Kills per Death

Conclusion: Your overall K/D is pretty low, so does not make for a glaring example, but for you the difference represents a 10% increase in your effectiveness when fighting Bishops. Interestingly, this is almost exactly the difference in country K/D between Knights and Bishops for the same period.

Thanks for helping prove my point! :aok!

Zazen