Author Topic: I was wrong about kerry  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2004, 03:31:32 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
Ok Gun..

My second question was how many of his men did Kerry save??

You just keep going with this bull.. err stuff..

What mission did Kerry not accomplish or finish??

I honestly dont know how many men he saved.  If you think leadership is based on JUST these two questions you are sorely mistaked.

To me I see an officer that was lucky not to get people killed.

According to Wright, Kerry frequently broke protocols of engagement for SWIFT boat commanders.

When you're in a group (of boats on patrol) you don't open fire unless the person in charge tells you to or unless you are defending yourself from an immediate attack ... I'd have problems because we'd be running on a river and Kerry would see something off in the distance and he'd take a pot-shot at it, to see what happened. And that wasn't the way we were trying to run the patrols.

We were trying to get in and find out what was going on, and hopefully make contact and begin to work with some of the people that lived there ... And you don't get to go shake their hands when you're shooting at them.

I asked Wright how Kerry would respond to the necessary correction that would follow such unilateral actions.

Well, during the mission you just continue to issue the orders that you expect people to follow and, if they don't do them, you would continue to press until you got the results that you need.

After a mission, is generally when you work out the more difficult problems. And those are done in private.

I'd go talk to John Kerry and I'd tell him that I was unhappy with his opening fire, or pulling out of a column when he wasn't supposed to, or failing to communicate when he needed to ... And I'd always get an excuse. I wouldn't get a direct answer.

I'd get "I didn't hear that," or "We thought we saw something" or "My radio was on the other side of the boat" or "I didn't have time." It was always an excuse. After three or four times ... I went to the division commander, told him about the problems I [had] been having and told him [the commander] that he needed to take steps to correct it.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2004, 03:31:35 PM »
Originally posted by Coolridr
You assume you know all about Kerry from the propaganda HE has filled YOUR head with?

Nope.. see my post before..

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2004, 03:34:35 PM »
My last post for a while as well.

I dont mean to say he would be a terrible president.. I'm saying he served his time and did his duty.. Let it rest. Judge him on his political life...

FACT:  John kerry is running on his war record

Since that is the case that is what we have to base what kind of person John Kerry is.  I believe his record should be scrutinized.

Have you ever served in the military?  These statements from those in his division describe to the T every bad officer I've ever worked for.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  You can write these vets off as propaganda smear tactics or you can hear what they have to say w/ an open mind.  Your choice.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2004, 03:38:09 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
I honestly dont know how many men he saved.  If you think leadership is based on JUST these two questions you are sorely mistaked.

To me I see an officer that was lucky not to get people killed.

That entire article is about as laughable as others questioning if Kerry shot the VC guy in the back.. As if that should even be brought up.. Its loving war for god sake.. The badguy was armed.. The badguy was armed with a weapon that had the potential to destroy his entire crew and boat.. These type people write columns that might have some questioning whether or not Kerry should have capped the badguy..

Kerry not following protocal? lmao  Enough for me..

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2004, 03:45:13 PM »
screw it.  Your're not reading here, I never said he shouldnt have shot the VC in the back or the front.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2004, 04:13:48 PM »
If you were a hotdog, would you eat yourself? I know I would. Hell, I'd be delicious.
-SW

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2004, 08:35:39 PM »
How many Swiftboat men made a point of putting themselves in for Purple Hearts for scratches?

How many Swiftboat men used the "3 Hearts and out" clause?

How many Swiftboat men left Viet Nam before thier year tour was up without having suffered a major injury or death?

How many Swiftboat men gladly ran home from combat when they didn't have to leave, and left their crewmates behind?

Answer to all 4 questions - 1 man.   John Kerry.

Says a lot about character (or lack of) I think.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2004, 04:50:49 AM »
Read the chapter, read the book. Decide for yourself. I personally think that their are to many counter accounts of what he said he did. The man is a liar of the worst sort.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2004, 04:59:29 AM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
graet kik asss psot BigGayMAW ((C) Furball 2004).:D

damn, at least get it right.. its BigGayBaldingMAW...

;)

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2004, 05:00:06 AM »
Here's another take on the subject.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2004, 10:10:16 AM »
Excellent post Lazerus..  

All Vietnam War historians cite atrocities. My Lai was the most publicized at the time, but decorated Vietnam combat veteran David Hackworth has declared "there were hundreds of My Lais." Last year the Toledo Blade won a Pulitzer Prize for documenting how an Army platoon, called Tiger Force, conducted a seven-month reign of terror in the central highlands in 1967, killing countless men, women and children. Just this week, when a Fox News commentator tried to goad Gen. Tommy Franks, the Bush Iraqi war commander, into attacking Mr. Kerry for those old assertions, this Vietnam veteran, to the consternation of his questioner, made clear that atrocities occurred in Vietnam.

I guess Gen. Tommy Franks is an un-american communist too...

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2004, 10:12:19 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
screw it.  Your're not reading here, I never said he shouldnt have shot the VC in the back or the front.

I did not say that you did.. I was just pointing out the lengths some will goto to attempt to drag Kerry's record through mud...

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2004, 10:13:12 AM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
Excellent post Lazerus..  

I guess Gen. Tommy Franks is an un-american communist too...

He's a Commie?

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2004, 10:14:02 AM »
admitting atrocities is not what makes Kerry an un-American communist. It's the stuff he did after he got back that has everyone in an uproar.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
I was wrong about kerry
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2004, 10:16:38 AM »
Originally posted by Coolridr
admitting atrocities is not what makes Kerry an un-American communist. It's the stuff he did after he got back that has everyone in an uproar.

Like what?? Throwing metals? Revealing the truth? Protesting? Those damned un-american traits...  Gawd, if only we could live somewhere you couldn't do that...