Author Topic: Couple things that need to be done to make this setup suck even worse  (Read 2842 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Couple things that need to be done to make this setup suck even worse
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2004, 01:43:59 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
I have to disagree.  1v1, no it is not good enough.  However, when I fly Axis, I tend to see 4 or 5 high Allied planes bore n zooming 1 or 2 lower Axis planes.  In those situatiuons, yes, the F6F and F4U are manueverable enough to actually fight, but none of them ever do.

Those are the smart pilots :aok

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2004, 01:45:43 PM »
Originally posted by storch
Just defeated 1 A6M and a Kate in the Kitty with no trouble at all and they both had alt advantage on me.  Landed the kills because I was all shot up then re-upped in the Hog and killed another A6M that had alt on me with an 800m long burst.  I took out his engine and he was forced to ditch giving me the kill.  I could have shot him down deadstick but opted to take the high road.

You allies are weenies.  Learn to fly your equipment.

Obviously a pilot that doesnt know how to fly a zero :rolleyes:

storch

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2004, 01:53:20 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Its not always about dogfighting:rolleyes:

How would you know?  If u ain't cherrypicking and worried about your K/D ratio then ur gaming the game worried about ur rank.  None of those comments were directed at you.  They were for tha Playaz.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2004, 02:28:57 PM »
Well let me think for a min.
I slow down in an F4U to dogfight eather a Ki-61 or a Zero. Now I have no way of disengaging if another Ki-61 or Zero decides to enter the fight when he now calls all the shots. Sure I may shoot down one or two but that is beside the point. Storch you do more b1tching than anyone else when it comes to a 1 vs 1 dogfight if a second fighter engages. You for one have no room to talk trash here. You want a one vs one dogfight with me? Just when do you want me in the DA? I'm not saying I can shoot you down or anyone else. What I am saying is that if anyone wants a 1 vs 1 with me, its not going to happen in the CT if others are near. I can say that this will make it worse with the enabling of FULL radar. When someome sees a dogfight on radar, they come in fast.

Again, I am not in the CT do dogfight, I am there to shoot down enemy planes. I do not fly in the MA to dogfight, I fly in there to shoot down planes. I fly in the DA to "dogfight".

In the last few days I have bent my own rules and have died many times. The Combat Arena is not for 1 vs 1 fights using historical aircraft selections. Thats considered dualing in historic aircraft. Sounds like the makings for the DA to me.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 02:33:25 PM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

storch

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2004, 02:36:39 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Well let me think for a min.
I slow down in an F4U to dogfight eather a Ki-61 or a Zero. Now I have no way of disengaging if another Ki-61 or Zero decides to enter the fight when he now calls all the shots. Sure I may shoot down one or two but that is beside the point. Storch you do more b1tching than anyone else when it comes to a 1 vs 1 dogfight if a second fighter engages. You for one have no room to talk trash here. You want a one vs one dogfight with me? Just when do you want me in the DA? I'm not saying I can shoot you down or anyone else. What I am saying is that if anyone wants a 1 vs 1 with me, its not going to happen in the CT if others are near. I can say that this will make it worse with the enabling of FULL radar. When someome sees a dogfight on radar, they come in fast.

Again, I am not in the CT do dogfight, I am there to shoot down enemy planes. I do not fly in the MA to dogfight, I fly in there to shoot down planes. I fly in the DA to "dogfight".

In the last few days I have bent my own rules and have died many times. The Combat Arena is not for 1 vs 1 fights using historical aircraft selections. Thats considered dualing in historic aircraft. Sounds like the makings for the DA to me.

Most of my fights in allied aircraft have involved multiple Axis adversaries.  The Hog will turn, a little.

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2004, 03:11:27 PM »
Originally posted by o0Stream140o
Eagler, Dennis do you guys fly IL-2 Online?  Or just the box single player?

Stream

Used to play online in the original IL-2 but quit because of my crappy rig.  Once I upgraded the PC, never had the desire to go back online.  So I play offline in campaign or mission-generator mode.  It's my respite from the player venom so prevalent online.
AH has no corner on that market.

Splash1

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2004, 04:42:36 PM »
"I slow down in an F4U to dogfight eather a Ki-61 or a Zero. Now I have no way of disengaging if another Ki-61 or Zero decides to enter the fight when he now calls all the shots"

Thats basically the real point, an F4U-1 that did that would only last for so long, with a Ki-61 on its 6, its dead, so the idea that you would drop flaps, losing any speed advantage it had, and turn with them is insane. Its just what the IJ would want to see you do, in fact. You may get a few kills, but rtbing consistantly would not be in your future.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2004, 04:58:33 PM »
Originally posted by Squire
Thats basically the real point, an F4U-1 that did that would only last for so long, with a Ki-61 on its 6, its dead, so the idea that you would drop flaps, losing any speed advantage it had, and turn with them is insane. Its just what the IJ would want to see you do, in fact. You may get a few kills, but rtbing consistantly would not be in your future.

Maybe thats why it works so well for me, the Axis are so used to seeing the Allies run that they have a stroke and die from shock when I drop flaps and turn with them?

My K/D in the F4U is 5/1, 10 kills and 2 deaths, one death was a collision. You say its insane, I say your timid. No matter why the reason, the fact of the matter is, it works. I do the same thing in the P-47, the 190, the Tyffie, ect. with similar results.

Just for the record I see the Axis do the exact same thing when they have the 190A-5 and the  Allies only have the Spit V like in Sicily. The Allies dont have the market cornered on timidity.

storch

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2004, 05:05:38 PM »
"I slow down in an F4U to dogfight eather a Ki-61 or a Zero. Now I have no way of disengaging if another Ki-61 or Zero decides to enter the fight when he now calls all the shots"

Squire I welcome u to try a Ki-61 vs me in a corsair.  not as a bravado thing but that you may firsthand experience another dimension of what can be done.  And I'm nowhere near as good as ground up and slowly cooked cornmeal is. (isn't that what people feed to chickens?)

storch

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2004, 05:07:55 PM »
Originally posted by Grits

Just for the record I see the Axis do the exact same thing when they have the 190A-5 and the  Allies only have the Spit V like in Sicily. The Allies dont have the market cornered on timidity.

Yes it is :P

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2004, 06:38:18 PM »

Welcome to the eternal world of the IJ in this setup.

You have the gall to potificate about what happens if another Ki-61 shows up when you're slow?:rofl

If you are in the Ki-61 you never have the chance to disengage and more often than not your concern isn't if a second F4U shows up, it is if a third F4U shows up.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2004, 06:50:12 PM »
"Welcome to the eternal world of the IJ in this setup."

Is there sad music to go along with that?

"You have the gall to potificate"

Is that like urinating outdoors?
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2004, 08:24:45 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Maybe thats why it works so well for me, the Axis are so used to seeing the Allies run that they have a stroke and die from shock when I drop flaps and turn with them?

Well, plus you're an excellent pilot, Grits.  But I expect that a large part of your success with this tactic in the Corsairpig really is that it's completely unexpected.

FWIW, I think that a good fight for a Japanese pilot in this setup is against two allied planes.  One-on-one, the blue guys are going to lose unless they stick to (yawn) b&z tactics, or unless they start with a big energy advantage.

- oldman

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2004, 11:46:52 PM »
Eh, I dont think I'm all that good, but I am aggressive which makes up for a lot of my  other shortcomings. Ask any real fighter pilot what the single most important trait to have as a fighter pilot is and they will say aggressiveness, something lacking in more than a few in AH.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2004, 03:59:05 AM »
"Allies do this"," Axis do that"    

atleast im not missing anything

:rolleyes: