Author Topic: <S> Tony Blair  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
<S> Tony Blair
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2004, 06:05:37 AM »
Originally posted by demaw1
History will remmember President Bush and Prime Minster Blair as the two bravest men in the first 10 years of this century.

If there is to be a history.

LMFAO You have to be kidding me? :rofl

...-Gixer

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
<S> Tony Blair
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2004, 06:08:19 AM »
Blair is just a complete idiot.  The problem with UK politics is that currently all the different political parties are as bad as each other.

As for Bliar, well, since the Labour Party have such a majority they simply steam roll stuff through Parliament whether the public like it or not.  If he faces opposition about anything then he ignores it and does what he likes.  Either that or he starts a dirty trick smear campaign to ridicule his opposition etc.  He signed the European charter when the public wanted it to go to a referendum.  I just hope he rethinks the publics views when it comes down to the Euro currency.  He would prefer to make the decision rather than letting the public decide because he knows that the public doesn't want it.  He doesn't care, he only wants to do what he wants to do!  Oh, and what the EU wants us to do because he has no backbone of his own.

He's simply an ego-maniac!

I've always voted Independant, although they only really have an effect on local issues rather than national.
NEXX

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
<S> Tony Blair
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2004, 06:09:26 AM »
Originally posted by demaw1
History will remmember President Bush and Prime Minster Blair as the two bravest men in the first 10 years of this century.

If there is to be a history.

You are a disturbing person.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
<S> Tony Blair
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2004, 06:15:32 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Blair is a clever man... which makes me wonder why he ever committed himself so wholeheartedly to the support of an imbecile and his entourage.

Blair out in 2005, if you would be so kind.

Isn't Blair on the board of Caryle group?

Hey when you're rich whatta care what others think, you just buy an island somewhere and fish.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
<S> Tony Blair
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2004, 06:15:52 AM »
Disturbing is not the word I had in mind.

Nice mug beetle :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Re: <S> Tony Blair
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2004, 06:28:38 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer
Come election he will be gone
I wish I could share your optimism. But with a majority of 164 at the last election, a reversal of fortune of the required magnitude is all but unprecedented. My best guess will be for a Labour victory with a much smaller majority, or a hung parliament. I don't think a third Labour administration would go full term.

The Cons are not making ground because they're fighting battles in the wrong places. It's all very well printing accounts of Labour's wrongdoing in newspapers like the Daily Telegraph, but that's preaching to the converted.

The Cons need to fight the battle where it counts: In the marginal seats amongst the middle and lower middle classes. Even ordinary people will soon be caught by Inheritance Tax - originally designed as a tax on rich people dying, but kicks in at ~£250,000. These days, even a three bedroom house round here is worth more than that. Also stamp duty - a tax on purchasing a property. It was 1% for the vast majority of folks, till Labour started tinkering and increased it FOUR TIMES. Now, anyone buying a property worth more than £250,000 (3 bed semi, or "duplex" if you live in the US) will pay 3% stamp duty, ie £7,500 on a £250,000 purchase, ie. triple the amount payable before Labour's tinkering. It's no longer just the rich being affected by Tony's time bombs. It's ordinary people as well.

We'll save council tax for next time!

Dowding/Nexx - what do you think of UKIP?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: <S> Tony Blair
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2004, 06:59:25 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer
He's just trying to save what little face he has left if any for getting involved with bush in such a mess  and bunch of lies in
the first place. Come election he will be gone and Bush if he's back
in will be without his only "real" ally in the whole thing.

...-Gixer

as you all should know by now im not a fan of Bush or Blair, but my was an honest one. I think he is smart for not going to the whitehouse to accept a medal for a war that is not over and by that helping Bush to get some god PR photo ops this close to the election.

i stand by my even if i dont like the man.

:)

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: <S> Tony Blair
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2004, 10:33:13 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e

Dowding/Nexx - what do you think of UKIP?

I voted for Kilroy-Silk in the recent Euro elections.  I'm unsure whether they'll have a candidate for my local elections though otherwise I'd vote for him.  I'll just vote for the local Independant candidate instead.
NEXX