Author Topic: Kerry hits another mine  (Read 1633 times)

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2004, 02:57:21 PM »
Originally posted by Citabria
Kerry is VOSS

if you compare the two you will see their score whoring and self preocupation is identical.

wow there;s a strech calling kerry and Voss same person. Voss will now say he's under cover and he really is kerry...........

maybe he can sell kerry on his flight sim?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2004, 02:57:50 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
I agree, it would be a huge mistake to elect Kerry. I'm not even slightly concerned that Kerry could be elected though, because it's not going to even be close.

LOL, a 1.2 billion dollar a day accruing deficit is somewhat acceptable? We're going to reach a point where even taxes won't be able to bail us out.

Care to put a wager on the election outcome?

If Kerry wins, you have to put in your sig:

"Clinton was the Best President...EVAR! (I lost a bet)"

If Bush wins reelection (most likely he will), I'll put in my sig:

"Bush is the Best President...EVAR! (I lost a bet)"

Now neither one was the best, but this will add fun and excitement to the election, along with some good natured ribbing. :D

So sir, you man enough to live with the loss? :D  Place your bet!
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2004, 03:03:49 PM »
Originally posted by rod367th
wow there;s a strech calling kerry and Voss same person. Voss will now say he's under cover and he really is kerry...........

maybe he can sell kerry on his flight sim?

they are both scum
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2004, 03:23:32 PM »

But to see a prime example of the lengths O'Neill and his allies resort to in their effort to discredit Kerry, take the claims "Unfit for Command" makes about Kerry's first Purple Heart. Kerry received that decoration for a small shrapnel wound to the arm incurred on the night of Dec. 2, 1968, when he was patrolling in a skimmer -- a craft akin to a Boston Whaler -- in a free-fire zone, looking for Viet Cong guerrillas.

Yes, there have been questions about whether the wound Kerry suffered that night really merited a Purple Heart, though those decorations were handed out rather liberally. But rather than quoting the two men known to have accompanied Kerry on that mission, "Unfit for Command" asserts a third person was along. William Schachte, later a rear admiral, "was also on the skimmer," the book claims.

It offers this account: "After Kerry's M-16 jammed, Kerry picked up an M-79 grenade launcher and fired a grenade too close, causing a tiny piece of shrapnel . . . to barely stick in his arm. Schachte berated Kerry for almost putting someone's eye out." Schachte could not be reached for comment. But in a brief interview yesterday, O'Neill asserted that Schachte had told him, as well as other military men, that he had been on the skimmer.

"I spoke to Admiral Schachte," O'Neill said. "He places himself on the skimmer." O'Neill also hinted that Schachte will soon address the issue himself. So what do William Zaladonis and Patrick Runyon, the two men who were on the skimmer with Kerry at the time, say?

"Myself, Pat Runyon, and John Kerry," says Zaladonis, the engineman on Kerry's first swift boat, "we were the only ones in the skimmer."

"There definitely was not a fourth," says Runyon. Though the two assume they took hostile fire, both men acknowledge they aren't completely certain. But they also firmly reject the claim that Kerry somehow wounded himself by using an M-79 grenade launcher.

"I am reasonably sure we didn't have an M-79," Zaladonis said. "I didn't see one. I don't remember it."

Runyon says the only weapons the trio had were an M-60 machine gun, two M-16 combat rifles, and, possibly, a .45 caliber pistol. Is he 100 percent sure there wasn't an M-79 grenade launcher in the boat?

"I wouldn't say 100 percent, but I know 100 percent certain that we didn't shoot them," replies Runyon. He does remember Kerry having trouble with his M-16. "His gun jammed or he ran out of ammunition -- I don't know which -- but he bent down to pick up the other M-16," he says.

Zaladonis, who was manning the machine gun, recalls Kerry telling him to redirect his fire to another area. "If we got return fire, I am not sure," he said. But he adds that there's one thing he does know: "I know that John got hurt." And not by shrapnel from a grenade launcher.

This incident crystallizes the epistemological issue at play in the larger controversy: Whom does it make sense to believe, the men who served and fought in close company with Kerry and who back his Navy-certified record? Or the veterans who didn't actually serve under Kerry and who, admittedly angry over his subsequent antiwar activities, are now trying to discredit him? To ask that question is to answer it.

And in this case, until there is clear and compelling evidence to the contrary, any fair-minded person has to credit the account offered by Zaladonis and Runyon.

so the man who wasn't there, and didn't report what he says he saw at the time, comes up with a story that conflicts the testimony of 3 eye witnesses (who everyone agrees were actually there) and the official navy record, his testimony is very self serving and will help sell his book, it also (if believed) discredits the word of a man accusing servicemen of war crimes.

the man has every reason to lie, and no real credibility as far as any access to what really happened.  combine that with the fact that Kerry would still have been eligible for his purple heart had he been injured by friendly fire, and you pretty much have a non-issue.

I just can't figure why this is even an issue.  I suppose that for those who keep trying to bring it up it's the lesser of evils.  if you are trying to support Bush you aren't going to gain any ground by bringing up how he's ran the country, or his stellar intellect, talking about the facts of Kerry's war record vs. Bush's having daddy buy him into the guard (whether or not he actually showed up also makes that a touchy issue).  I guess that makes sense when you have no points that help your candidate, talk about nothing.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2004, 03:30:01 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
LOL, a 1.2 billion dollar a day accruing deficit is somewhat acceptable? We're going to reach a point where even taxes won't be able to bail us out.

Care to put a wager on the election outcome?

If Kerry wins, you have to put in your sig:

"Clinton was the Best President...EVAR! (I lost a bet)"

If Bush wins reelection (most likely he will), I'll put in my sig:

"Bush is the Best President...EVAR! (I lost a bet)"

Now neither one was the best, but this will add fun and excitement to the election, along with some good natured ribbing. :D

So sir, you man enough to live with the loss? :D  Place your bet!

Hehe, okay!

If Kerry wins I'll also paint "President Kerry is the Best!" on the Stuka model you sent me :) ( actually, no ... I couldn't do that to that kit)

I just do not get what people can see in Kerry given all of his dusgusting traits

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2004, 03:39:57 PM »
I just do not get what people can see in Kerry given all of his dusgusting traits

Just like we can't see what you all like about Bush.  Still don't see anybody talking about what Bush has done for the country.  The only thing I have seen is "he's made the country safer", and I ask how?  Last time I checked Sep. 11 happened on his watch and not a single high ranking official was ever fired for all the failures.  Don't get me wrong I voted for Bush in 2000 and I don't think I have ever voted anything other than republican, but at least I can admit to my mistakes.  Open your eyes and see what's going on around you sometime.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2004, 03:46:16 PM »
What's a fair tax rate?

Well, how about the same tax rate for everyone?  what could be more fair than that?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2004, 03:50:21 PM »
Last time I checked Sep. 11 happened on his watch

Actually only a small percentage of the terrosit attack was on Bush's watch. Most of the the planning, training, and organizing happened during the previous administration.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2004, 03:52:07 PM »
So exactly how odd is this?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-lips28.html

Former Navy Secretary John Lehman has no idea where a Silver Star citation displayed on Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's campaign Web site came from, he said Friday. The citation appears over Lehman's signature.
"It is a total mystery to me. I never saw it. I never signed it. I never approved it. And the additional language it contains was not written by me," he said.

The additional language varied from the two previous citations, signed first by Adm. Elmo Zumwalt and then Adm. John Hyland, which themselves differ. The new material added in the Lehman citation reads in part: "By his brave actions, bold initiative, and unwavering devotion to duty, Lieutenant (jg) Kerry reflected great credit upon himself...."

Asked how the citation could have been executed over his signature without his knowledge, Lehman said: "I have no idea. I can only imagine they were signed by an autopen." The autopen is a device often used in the routine execution of executive documents in government.

Kerry senior adviser Michael Meehan could not be reached for comment on Kerry's records.

Kerry = teh loser

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2004, 03:54:09 PM »
But Hortlund, Kerry is a war hero gaddammit!

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2004, 03:54:14 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Hehe, okay!

If Kerry wins I'll also paint "President Kerry is the Best!" on the Stuka model you sent me :) ( actually, no ... I couldn't do that to that kit)

LOL, don't you DARE do that to that model!!! :D

edit....

Okay bet is on (gulp). :D

Agree that we have to keep our sigs for the whole term? No switching BBS ID's either.

Sound fair?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 04:12:58 PM by SaburoS »
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2004, 04:06:55 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's a fair tax rate?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, how about the same tax rate for everyone? what could be more fair than that?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2004, 04:08:14 PM »
Originally posted by parker00
Just like we can't see what you all like about Bush.  Still don't see anybody talking about what Bush has done for the country.  The only thing I have seen is "he's made the country safer", and I ask how?  Last time I checked Sep. 11 happened on his watch and not a single high ranking official was ever fired for all the failures.  Don't get me wrong I voted for Bush in 2000 and I don't think I have ever voted anything other than republican, but at least I can admit to my mistakes.  Open your eyes and see what's going on around you sometime.

Oh my goodness, blaming Bush for 9/11??!!
Guess what, had Gore been in office that same exact attack would have taken place! Not having the history of a similar attack, we just weren't ready and prepared from the President on down.
Pick any person you wish as president on 9/11 and tell me that the attack wouldn't have taken place.
Before 9/11, the American public just wouldn't accept the restrictions we now find ourselves in post 9/11.
In short, we were caught with our pants down.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2004, 04:10:20 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
What's a fair tax rate?

Well, how about the same tax rate for everyone? what could be more fair than that?

Sure, that includes closing loopholes and gray areas as well. Everyone pay 30% sound fair?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2004, 04:12:49 PM »
Booooosh are teh DeVil!!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!