Author Topic: Kerry hits another mine  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2004, 04:29:40 PM »
Sure, that includes closing loopholes and gray areas as well. Everyone pay 30% sound fair?

sure does!!  I'm all for it!

Now if we could get the 78% of the population of U.S. taxpayers, the ones that pay less that 30% to agree, we'd have some equity.

If everyone was paying the same rate, there'd be no need for what you are calling "Gray areas and loopholes".
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2004, 04:33:39 PM »
Oh my goodness, blaming Bush for 9/11??!!

I never blamed Bush for 9/11, all I am saying is someone should of been held accountable. He should of stepped up and said "you screwed up and I need someone in this job who won't". I'm sorry if you don't see it that way, but the president takes over on day 1, it's his responsibility from then on. Yes I know he can't know everything in every erea, but when you bring the past back like Rumsfield and Chenney then someone should of known something.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by parker00
I never blamed Bush for 9/11, all I am saying is someone should of been held accountable. He should of stepped up and said "you screwed up and I need someone in this job who won't". I'm sorry if you don't see it that way, but the president takes over on day 1, it's his responsibility from then on. Yes I know he can't know everything in every erea, but when you bring the past back like Rumsfield and Chenney then someone should of known something.

Okay, just misread what you were saying.

Thing is, how do we blame someone in this case? There's no precident to go by. My point is that of the hundreds if not thousands of "threats" how do you act on them? How do you pick and choose? Finances to investigate every threat?
Hindsight's 20/20, who do you hold accountable for the failures that lead up to 9/11?
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2004, 05:33:30 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
sure does!!  I'm all for it!

Now if we could get the 78% of the population of U.S. taxpayers, the ones that pay less that 30% to agree, we'd have some equity.

If everyone was paying the same rate, there'd be no need for what you are calling "Gray areas and loopholes".

I wonder what the real rate would have to be if everyone paid the same percentage, including buisnesses? No loopholes, no writeoffs. Social Security funds get returned. No more of the government taking that fund to pay for something else.
What programs should we give up, which do we keep?
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2004, 05:50:11 PM »
Flat tax plus sales tax on non-essential items (no tax on food, medicine, etc.)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2004, 05:51:41 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Flat tax plus sales tax on non-essential items (no tax on food, medicine, etc.)

Sounds good but sales taxes are a State issue, not a Federal one.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2004, 08:27:06 PM »
Originally posted by parker00

how about we hold the senators and congressmen who gutted the intel budgets "because the cold war was over" even tho the intel guys and other senator and congressman warned them not to do this. how about we hold the senators and congressmen who put rediculous limitation on our intel guys because they were potatos to anti american extreme leftists? http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=12701

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2004, 08:36:09 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Sounds good but sales taxes are a State issue, not a Federal one.

Easily remedied by a congressional vote.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2004, 09:00:04 PM »
Might have miss read Subaros post, but in most cases it isnt hard to hear other gun fire over your own.Besides the ak makes a different sound than an m16.

The source was proven by kerrys diary, just wondering if anyone else has heard about his diary?

It does not take a senior officer to recommend him for a medal. There are many times the officer himself writes it up like kerry did.Difference is kerry went around the senior officers.

Now I do know about this, a purple heart is not, repeat not given for a self inflected wound , weather it be accidental or on purpose. End of story.

Darn subaros he has nothing to be ashamed of? You see this is where anger can come in,real anger ,hard anger.

kerry testamony killed at least 2 pows and resulted in added torture for the pows. HE and others like him prolonged the war and thousands on both sides died,according to general giap ,supreme commander of all vietnam forces.

This is the true measure of a man no matter his politics, that in time of war, he does nothing to hurt those that still fight.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2004, 09:54:48 PM »
A National Sales Tax idea has been floated before. I don't recall anyone saying it would be unconstitutional. It's merely a law that would have to get through Congress. There's fed tax on gasoline; I don't see where it would be much different from that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2004, 10:24:57 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
But Hortlund, Kerry is a war hero gaddammit!

been saying that from day one, when skerry started saluting everyone from his doorman on up....

LANDSLIDE BUSH!!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 10:27:41 PM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2004, 11:04:03 PM »
How can you hold someone accountable for 9/11? How do you stop something like that? Live in a police state? No thank you. The people who should be held accountable are those who planned it, financed it, and carried it out. It's like blaming a governor for a murder that happened in his state. The only one to blame is the murderer, not the gun, or the governor.......or the president.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2004, 11:11:23 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
How can you hold someone accountable for 9/11? How do you stop something like that? Live in a police state? No thank you. The people who should be held accountable are those who planned it, financed it, and carried it out. It's like blaming a governor for a murder that happened in his state. The only one to blame is the murderer, not the gun, or the governor.......or the president.

A voice of reason....thank you.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2004, 12:15:14 AM »
A little something for Eagler:

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Kerry hits another mine
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2004, 12:34:23 AM »
OMG Six and I agree on something. Are pigs flying?:D