Author Topic: Track IR in Aces High  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Misfit

• Nickel Member
Track IR in Aces High
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2004, 06:53:23 PM »
ok did some short testing on move, pan and snap. Snap just really felt like a stutter. Move and pan were cool.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Track IR in Aces High
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2004, 07:54:26 PM »
Aren't the gamma rays emitted by your monitor enough rads? Between your cell phone, microwave, television, and the local broadcasting companies, we are all going to be comming up with some hellacious tumors... Something creepy about IR attached to your skull... :lol
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Track IR in Aces High
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2004, 10:07:33 PM »
Nothing is attached to your skull. You have a reflective dot made of IR tape. Mine is placed on my mic boom.

The trackir device is just like a web cam. Mine sits stop my monitor. It sends out an IR light that is reflected back and picked up by the device eye. The software tracks the position of the dot relative to center and translates that to head movement.

Offline Misfit

• Nickel Member
Track IR in Aces High
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2004, 04:42:51 PM »
TrackIR + Snap mode in AH = VERY VERY COOL! :D

Ya know i dont know if the speed is all that to be honest. I have TrackIR Pro and spend most of my time trying to slow it down :D

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Track IR in Aces High
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2004, 09:53:39 AM »
My opinions...SNAP is the easiest to get used to, PAN is the most intuitive/realistic, in a multiple con environment I get less disoriented with my hats since I am sooo used to them, I have slowed my TIR3Pro down as far as I can go and it is still a little too fast for my taste, the amount of IR radiation that the device sends out in a thousand years is probably in the neighborhood of a Saturday afternoon mowing the grass with your shirt on.

TrackIR is an awesome product, their tech support is really responsive and personal over at their forums. The device takes some getting used to though, and it DOES suck up some CPU cycles, so if your rig is on the edge for FPS already this wont help.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Track IR in Aces High
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2004, 11:11:40 AM »
"I drink beer all the time "

I Knew It!:)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Track IR in Aces High
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2004, 01:21:06 PM »
it seems then that I cannot set Track IR to both imitate head rotation and head movement simultaeniously.......its either one or the other...........

I also getthe impression that what ever I set it to only 2 axis are available. Hence in move I assume I do not get left/right & up/down & forward/backward (no one has mentioned forward / backward?)

For me  I think the attraction will be the  "move functions" allowing me to adjust to see around cockpit frame work when in any particular view.............. I have just gotta decide if the money is worth it.......
Ludere Vincere