Author Topic: Any old Air Warriors out there?????  (Read 146693 times)

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Any old Air Warriors out there?????
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2004, 09:13:21 PM »
Was JOC in Aw,and always Cz,and always fought Bz,hardly tangled with Az,spent most of my time at Hol,Sha,and the odd trip to Fen lol,also loved my NOE Mossie/A26 trips to the Spit factory,I miss the OC rooms most of all in AW,spent a lot of time lurking in em,recruiting,gathering farmyard animals.....
Joc

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2004, 11:50:29 PM »
My favorite fights in FR Big Pac were around TIN, RAN, and the island west of RANGER...started with a G I think.

~AoM~

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2004, 12:25:14 AM »
Originally posted by Mayhem
+TIFF! Long time no see! you still doing hystorical research if you are I got one I can email you some time

Feel free.  More then happy to help if I can :)

Dan/Slack

E-mail is spit12@frontiernet.net
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SpiveyCH

• Copper Member
      • http://www.chawks.org
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2004, 12:52:48 AM »
Was Spivey in AW.  Flew with the C HAWKS.  There are about 26 of us in the squad in AH.  Only about 5 did not play AW, the other 21 were all AW C HAWKS.  Also, alot of C HAWKS are in WW2 online and dont play AH.  This could change.  Have heard the WW2 online is having problems and this could lead to more old C HAWKs coming over to AH.
SpiveyCH
The 364th C-HAWKS Fighter Group

Offline SpiveyCH

• Copper Member
      • http://www.chawks.org
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2004, 12:59:03 AM »
Oh yea.

http://www.chawks.com      Check out the forums under AH C HAWKS.  Might be a few you remember.
SpiveyCH
The 364th C-HAWKS Fighter Group

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2004, 08:47:50 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
I remember Lzrd...I dont think its the same Lzrd as posted before this. I'd goto the dueling arena, or whatever arena it was called back then and he'd come in and fight.

Yep, he was an ignominous usurper. He came to AW long after I did, but seems to immensely more popular and well rememberd. :p

He was Lzard. I was Lizrd.

If you flew with JG26 under Jag26, you probably remember me as <-JG2. We flew allot of joint ops. JAG69 is still here off and on as Alaskn I believe.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Re: Any old Air Warriors out there?????
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2004, 12:22:56 PM »
Originally posted by ->OD
Hey, I was curious if anyone here is an old hand from the AirWarrior-AirWarrior 3D days? I was hoping someone with a sense of nostalgia would revive AW3 some day, but I don't think it will happen. I would like to get in touch with some people from the old days if there are any in here and possibly start flying again. So if you used to play AW3 please reply and let me know your old AW cpid and squadron.

Thanks
->OD
"WidowMakers Squadron"

My first online game was AW on AOL.  AW2 and AW3 followed.  Switched to AH when it first went open beta.  Have come and gone ever since.  Flown under so many names (I changed my handle  too many times) that no one would know I've been around a while unless I told 'em.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2004, 02:10:53 PM »
Yeah Lizard I know Joe from Alaska....one day we were flyin in a buff together and as we approached enemy airspace I told him "Be on yer toes...we're in Injun country now!". He replied"Your always in Injun country when I'm aboard!". I said "Oops!" :)  He's a fun guy. Say hi for me if u see him.

~AoM~

Offline Cutta

• Zinc Member
AW
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2004, 07:16:25 PM »
Played AWIII and moved on to AWMV.  Flew with the RTC in RR maps.  Finally made it to the Insane Clown Posse ( advanced fighter sweep wing).  We ruled the Pac.  Was crushed when they stopped AWIII and won't play EA games again.

Name? Cutta

Played AH for a few got tired of the same ole thing.  Moved to WWII online, but miss the flying.  Started playing EverQuest made it to lvl 67 High Elf Enchanter. Tired Fighter Ace ( ancient grapics)

I knew a few of you guys and DB82 and his mom will always be in my mind.  Had her fly past me to get the Genrl one night and she let me go :)

One night 36+ kills as gunner in B17

Take care all, might be back sometime if they have made AH better than when I was there over a year ago.

>S<
Cutta

Offline Male

• Zinc Member
omgggg
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2004, 05:42:47 PM »
omgg lol this is "Male" from Aw classic and aw3 i flew with misfits nd GhostRiders ayyy TEKKO u remember me ???  anyone remember me ? lol this is crazy i was thinkin bout you guys the otehr day so i decided to look online for a forum....

Offline go4maw

• Zinc Member
Air Warrior
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2004, 05:44:20 PM »
Joined the Marine Air Wing  as "G4MAW "in 98 on gamestorm.
 Still Flying-Still Dying-Still MAW -
 :aok

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2004, 02:36:33 PM »
Thanks yall for some fun reading ,haven't been in AH for awhile , but stop by and see what yall are up to, i was in AW  started as BEER then when my son got old enuff to ask why i was called that i changed cpid to KZYHS ,  this thread brought back some great memories

Offline eh

• Copper Member
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2004, 07:28:11 PM »
One of the things that made AW great was the Officer's Club (?) where guys from all sides could meet and chat with one another. One night, in FR arena, there was this guy teaching everyone who wanted to know how to fly the A26 Invader as if it were a fighter. He was awesome at it and killed me a lot in that bomber. So I took his tips and practiced and practiced and got pretty good at it myself. AH desperately needs that kind of community building feature... even your "enemies" were your friends.

By the way, that guy's handle was "filth".  I wonder whatever happened to him?  :aok

Offline eh

• Copper Member
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2004, 07:40:46 PM »
quote:Originally posted by yoyo_boy
    I still have some +Dead+ P38 films, heh.

-- Todd/LeviathnI've made quite a few new films in AH and AH2.

Holy cats! I had every p38 film you ever made and watched them all the time. What a help they were!

Are your Aces High films accessible?

[EDIt] By the way +dead+, did you know the P38 J in Warbirds flies exactly as it did in Air Warrior? And it looks like they use the same basic flight model for the P38F and L also. Anyway, good to see you are still active!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 07:44:56 PM by eh »

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2004, 08:20:45 PM »
Hiya eh :)

(Sung to "All in the Family" song)

Waste the night in ooooold BIGPAC

Tried FR and got the knackkkkkkkkk

EMERALD was such...a...cracccccccccccckk. ..

Those were the DAYS!!!!!!

~AoM~