Author Topic: fake purple hearts at the RNC  (Read 4912 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
fake purple hearts at the RNC
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2004, 10:13:07 PM »
MT, you've screwed the pooch on this one.

Ignore the dog hair on your trouser fly and walk away with head held high. That's the best you can do at this point.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2004, 11:13:11 PM »
I guess I will make many here mad but here goes.

It has been said that anyone who believed that a welder or farmer etc. could produce the same lump in the throat as talking to someone that flew 30 missions over germany is disingenuous.

Well count me as disingenuous then. I have read many stories about how the construction of our equiptment saved lives. I have seen combat harden submariners from that era crying while thanking the men and women who built the submarines for taking the time to build them right.

That is just a couple of examples, IMHO no one group of Americans is braver than another. I have been shot at , fine,I am lucky thank GOD, yet my wifes father was in the merchant marines for 3 long years taking supplies to britian and other places. I would have not traded my experiance for his for all the tea in china. His ship was only shot at once.

The point is the marine hitting the beach is no better than the support marines ,who is no better than the farmer born with a disabled arm that works long into the night to feed the marine hitting the beach,whos life may have been saved by a support marine he never meant whose life was saved by a seamtress who took care in making the bullet prove vest.

I am not talking interservice riavels here , my uncles life was saved by an army cook in korea.

I may not have been able to say what I mean, but I know what I was trying to say.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
not scared or held to some secret "did you serve?" club to ask ... AGAIN!!
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2004, 06:39:57 AM »
again I ask those that believe skerry's medals are legit...
how many other swift boat vets, or any vet, did what skerry claims to have done in the same time period (4 months), without hospitalization for "wounds" and lived to tell about it???

anyone know of anyone else??? ?? ?? ?

it smells and to me it flies in the face of those that truly earned the medal..

===================

being awarded so much in such a short period of time without ANY serious injury, you'd think all you that DID serve WOULD question it, not just accept it on BLIND faith...not to even mention what he did/said when he did come back to the US...

the guys a card - from start to finish
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2004, 11:01:59 AM »
Originally posted by Coolridr
Someone was just making fun of that Horse faced herman munster look-alike.....I

I have a horse, and I take offense to you comparing her good horse looks to Kerry.

For all these guys talking about Kerry's looks, makes me think someone's been watching too much Oprah or something :)

Offline koda76

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~dwdishman/
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2004, 12:55:01 PM »
Doesn't matter what happened in 4 months the past 30 years is where the truth is.....Kerry has not, will not,support America, Freedom, or ME, so I will not be voting for Kerry

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2004, 01:10:12 PM »
Originally posted by demaw1
I guess I will make many here mad but here goes.

It has been said that anyone who believed that a welder or farmer etc. could produce the same lump in the throat as talking to someone that flew 30 missions over germany is disingenuous.

Well count me as disingenuous then. I have read many stories about how the construction of our equiptment saved lives. I have seen combat harden submariners from that era crying while thanking the men and women who built the submarines for taking the time to build them right.

That is just a couple of examples, IMHO no one group of Americans is braver than another. I have been shot at , fine,I am lucky thank GOD, yet my wifes father was in the merchant marines for 3 long years taking supplies to britian and other places. I would have not traded my experiance for his for all the tea in china. His ship was only shot at once.

The point is the marine hitting the beach is no better than the support marines ,who is no better than the farmer born with a disabled arm that works long into the night to feed the marine hitting the beach,whos life may have been saved by a support marine he never meant whose life was saved by a seamtress who took care in making the bullet prove vest.

I am not talking interservice riavels here , my uncles life was saved by an army cook in korea.

I may not have been able to say what I mean, but I know what I was trying to say.

Didn't make me mad, in fact, you are exactly right.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2004, 01:17:47 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Really?  It's a slam on you?

I served ...U?
Drafted in 69
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2004, 01:21:42 PM »
MT, Toad is right.  That hole does not need to be any deeper.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2004, 02:57:56 PM »
Originally posted by Red Tail 444
I have a horse, and I take offense to you comparing her good horse looks to Kerry.

For all these guys talking about Kerry's looks, makes me think someone's been watching too much Oprah or something :)

Sorry to compare him to a horse. You are right they are beautiful animals.

He does look like Herman Munster though.

Is that the face you wan't representing you to the rest of the world?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2004, 03:01:18 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
MT, Toad is right.  That hole does not need to be any deeper.

Bah! I have hardly begun to dig!

OK, OK.. I will sulk off into my cave (which is not in Tora Bora even though rumors persist) knowing beyond a doubt that my honesty has been besmirched.

and for the record..

All veterans deserve our honor and respect.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2004, 03:03:38 PM »
"Is that the face you wan't representing you to the rest of the world?"

So now vote based on looks has been tossed into the mix.  
 Do we vote for the candidate who looks like Herman munster or the one who resembles a chimp?

What a conundrum!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2004, 03:05:25 PM »
MT, for what it is worth, I didn't think you meant what you said, but if you get to Seattle one day...

There is a popular Italian restaurant in downtown Seattle.  The SERE instructor team likes to go there often.  Just don't announce you are MT from the AH boards. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2004, 03:08:30 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

All veterans deserve our honor and respect.

Yes, their service, no matter in what branch, what time period, combatant or non-combatant deserves our honor and our respect.

I'm sure RPM will chime in here and agree with us both real soon MT.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2004, 07:12:52 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
I served ...U?
Drafted in 69

Yep.  What's your point?

I enlisted in 1986, spent my time working for 4.0 in South America and Carib on Bush 41's idiotic war on drugs, then transferred to Marine Inshore Undersea Warfare Unit 202 in 1993 until I got out in '96.

Again, what's your point?

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2004, 07:59:03 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Yep.  What's your point?

I enlisted in 1986, spent my time working for 4.0 in South America and Carib on Bush 41's idiotic war on drugs, then transferred to Marine Inshore Undersea Warfare Unit 202 in 1993 until I got out in '96.

Again, what's your point?

It was a response to your " Originally posted by Martlet
Really? It's a slam on you? "

Yes Its a slam on all who served.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."