Author Topic: fake purple hearts at the RNC  (Read 4914 times)

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
fake purple hearts at the RNC
« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2004, 08:00:23 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
It was a response to your " Originally posted by Martlet
Really? It's a slam on you? "

Yes Its a slam on all who served.

Don't speak for me.  I'd be willing to bet there are plenty of others who would suggest you don't speak for them, too.

I also find it odd that you're more insulted by a band-aid with a heart colored purple than by Kerry calling you a rapist, murderer, and war criminal.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2004, 08:47:21 PM »
Martlet....  Many people respect decorated veterans and find it in poor taste to slander them and their medals.  If you make an exception for Kerry, it shows which kind of person you are.

Go ahead and pick my words apart for some pointless argument.  I don't expect much less.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2004, 09:01:49 PM »
Eagler....

The medals buzzer showed kerry recieved, one of them was a silver star with combat v, Is John Paul Jones suppose to be the only one with that medal? Or only a limited few has combat v with silver star ?

Any one can answer please, I read something about that medal when I was a kid ,but do not remember and I am most likely wrong.
   thanks

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2004, 09:07:28 PM »
There was another post here recently saying that the V's shouldn't be connected to them, therefore Kerry's were fraudulent.

Then I see the "V"s in the form posted here.... and yeah, I wondered the same thing.

What's up with that?

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2004, 09:09:20 PM »
Originally posted by hawker238
Martlet....  Many people respect decorated veterans and find it in poor taste to slander them and their medals.  If you make an exception for Kerry, it shows which kind of person you are.

Go ahead and pick my words apart for some pointless argument.  I don't expect much less.

Many people disrespect decorated veterans who lie to get their decorations and find it in poor taste to give them a free pass or place them in an untouchable bubble because of their service.  If you give Kerry a "no criticism" shield based on medals that even the NAVY is investigating into whether or not he earned them, it shows what kind of a person you are.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2004, 09:18:07 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
"...it shows what kind of a person you are."

heh what a weak line.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2004, 09:21:35 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
heh what a weak line.

Which was why I used it.  I was making fun of hawker, since he apparently thought it was so powerful when he used it.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2004, 09:34:28 PM »
Okay, so the Navy does not award a Silver Star with Combat V. Have to take your word for it. I'm not sure where to check for Navy Regulations WRT medals.

Anyway... I've looked at the DD214, and I guess it's not beyond the realm of reason to think that Kerry could doctor it, but I wonder why bother? It's common knowledge that he did receive a Silver Star. Could he be stupid enough to change it and if so, what difference would it make? I can see it now, all the fence-sitters unimpressed with a measely Silver Star instantly swayed by the sight of a Combat V!

You know what makes more sense to me? Some tired, disinterested Navy PN3 typed this form up in a cramped, cluttered, and poorly ventilated office and then a a tired and disinterested Supply Officer simply signed it.
sand

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2004, 09:37:20 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Okay, so the Navy does not award a Silver Star with Combat V. Have to take your word for it. I'm not sure where to check for Navy Regulations WRT medals.

Anyway... I've looked at the DD214, and I guess it's not beyond the realm of reason to think that Kerry could doctor it, but I wonder why bother? It's common knowledge that he did receive a Silver Star. Could he be stupid enough to change it and if so, what difference would it make? I can see it now, all the fence-sitters unimpressed with a measely Silver Star instantly swayed by the sight of a Combat V!

You know what makes more sense to me? Some tired, disinterested Navy PN3 typed this form up in a cramped, cluttered, and poorly ventilated office and then a a tired and disinterested Supply Officer simply signed it.

You make that assumption.  It could just as easily be argued Kerry made it up.  Much like people are coming forward to say he made up the circumstances that earned him his other medals, too.

Apparently the combat v is a big deal, though.  Admiral Boorda killed himself over it.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2004, 09:43:32 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Apparently the combat v is a big deal, though.  Admiral Boorda killed himself over it.

Different circumstance. Boorda was accused of wearing medals that he wasn't eligible for. Kerry is accused of winning medals that don't exist.

I guess it would be a whole lot easier for your boy if Kerry just put a gun to his chest, but I rather doubt this will happen. :)
sand

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2004, 09:45:21 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Different circumstance. Boorda was accused of wearing medals that he wasn't eligible for. Kerry is accused of winning medals that don't exist.

I guess it would be a whole lot easier for your boy if Kerry just put a gun to his chest, but I rather doubt this will happen. :)

It isn't that they don't exist, it's that they aren't given out.  I'd rather not see Kerry kill himself.  It will be much more fun watching him walk around beacon hill unemployed.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »
He is still a Senator. Remember he is so sure that he will be elected that he refused to resign his seat, unlike pretty much every other Senator who has run for President.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2004, 10:11:25 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
He is still a Senator. Remember he is so sure that he will be elected that he refused to resign his seat, unlike pretty much every other Senator who has run for President.

I'm hoping that's temporary.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2004, 10:28:56 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking

I recall Dole resigning his seat... but... He's like 300 years old and would have been so pushed to the side had he lost and come back.

Other than that, I guess I'm not old enough to remember others. Has that happened in the last 30-40 years even?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2004, 10:30:08 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
I'm sure RPM will chime in here and agree with us both real soon MT.