Author Topic: fake purple hearts at the RNC  (Read 4911 times)

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
fake purple hearts at the RNC
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2004, 06:54:05 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Cheeya....

These Swiftys have had so many holes poked into their fairy tale that Ronco should start marketing the Swifter Noodle Strainer.

People keep saying that, but few can point many out.

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2004, 06:57:09 PM »

Going after a guy over whether a Purple Heart was awarded on the basis of a sliver or bomb is different territory than going after a guy who doesn't even show up. It's just way different to me.

One questions a man's service. The other questions if there was in fact any.

YMMV.

Is it different? Really? In fact, he served with the Alabama Guard during the "missing" year. The paper work was dug up, people that served with him in Alabama were interviewed and guess what, they remembered him. While he was here, he was also working for  a family freinds re-election campaign. Heflin I believe.

I don't think anyones actually going after Kerry over the medals, but the whole absurd contradiction of Kerry serving his country in VN, getting his medals and getting out in a hurry. Then sticking it to everyone he served with by that testimony he gave to the Senate, tossing said medals away in protest, plotting to assassinate senators(I wonder how he voted at that meeting?), using his vote in the senate to emasculate the military every chance he got, and then having the unmitigated balls to run for President of the United States of America on his War record and service to his country.

Thats what there going after Nash. You take one aspect of that and it looks a little harsh, a little like politics as usual. Put it all together and you get the picture. He's not fit to serve. He should've been arrested and thrown in jail for meeting with the NVN in Paris. Yet he runs for President.

What I wanna know Nash of O-Canada, whats your stake in this? Why do you give a sheet? Why are you so UP WITH KERRY? Shouldn't you pay more attention to Canadian politics? A comment here and there shure, but your on this board every day touting the Kerry Line. Where ya comin from man?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2004, 06:59:35 PM »
agh not that again...

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2004, 07:02:57 PM »
I'll only step into this pile of dog dung to post this from an orginization that has a strong view on this subject which mirriors mine.

"Purple Heart" Band-aids a Mockery of service

A Statement from Thomas H. Corey, National President, Vietnam Veterans of America

(Washington, D.C.) – Vietnam Veterans of America has received reports of delegates at the Republican National Convention disseminating and wearing "Purple Heart" band-aids in mockery of one of nation’s most distinctive honors, the Purple Heart medal.

The Purple Heart is one of the oldest military awards, first introduced in 1782 by Gen. George Washington to honor the service and sacrifice of the common soldier and recognize the spirit of volunteerism and selfless dedication. It was reinstated in 1932. The Purple Heart is awarded to members of the armed forces who are wounded by the enemy.

The spirit of the award recognizes the personal sacrifice of our troops without regard to the severity or nature of the wound. It is the wounding itself that merits the honor. To demean the decoration and the sacrifice it symbolizes demeans all veterans and the patriots who honor them.

With our nation’s sons and daughters at war to protect global freedom, demeaning military service in this way is especially hurtful. Vietnam Veterans of America urges all Americans to decry this type of outrageous, disrespectful, and infantile behavior.

###

Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) is the nation's only congressionally chartered veterans service organization dedicated to the needs of Vietnam-era veterans and their families. VVA's founding principle is “Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another.”

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2004, 07:03:32 PM »
agh not that again...

Excellent response!

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2004, 07:05:56 PM »
Originally posted by MrLars
I'll only step into this pile of dog dung to post this from an orginization that has a strong view on this subject which mirriors mine.

"Purple Heart" Band-aids a Mockery of service

A Statement from Thomas H. Corey, National President, Vietnam Veterans of America

(Washington, D.C.) – Vietnam Veterans of America has received reports of delegates at the Republican National Convention disseminating and wearing "Purple Heart" band-aids in mockery of one of nation’s most distinctive honors, the Purple Heart medal.

The Purple Heart is one of the oldest military awards, first introduced in 1782 by Gen. George Washington to honor the service and sacrifice of the common soldier and recognize the spirit of volunteerism and selfless dedication. It was reinstated in 1932. The Purple Heart is awarded to members of the armed forces who are wounded by the enemy.

The spirit of the award recognizes the personal sacrifice of our troops without regard to the severity or nature of the wound. It is the wounding itself that merits the honor. To demean the decoration and the sacrifice it symbolizes demeans all veterans and the patriots who honor them.

With our nation’s sons and daughters at war to protect global freedom, demeaning military service in this way is especially hurtful. Vietnam Veterans of America urges all Americans to decry this type of outrageous, disrespectful, and infantile behavior.

###

Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) is the nation's only congressionally chartered veterans service organization dedicated to the needs of Vietnam-era veterans and their families. VVA's founding principle is “Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another.”

He obviously didn't receive the bandaids.  He's also obviously a liberal.  I didn't see a message from him denouncing Kerry's deceipt to receive the award.

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2004, 07:07:55 PM »
Okay lets just end this....It wasn't a smart thing to do...It was in bad taste, and the few who perpetrated this should apologize or something.  I'm sure it was meant to be funny not to diminish the ACTUAL award, though some will spin it that way. So lets leave it as an insinsitive, not well thought out Jab.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2004, 07:15:02 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Yep, hipocrisy.

Funny.

How often have we have threads in here saluting aces from WW2 or WW1 or some decorated hero from the little conflict we are all drawn to in a historical way.

How many times have we had a thread saluting a guy who .. worked in a war material plant making Liberty Ships?

Both jobs were important and both men deserve our honor.

But anyone who says they get that same lump in the throat and that same welling of pride talking to a shipyard welder fronm Norfolk as they do a decorated veteran of Guadalcanal or a member of the 8th AF who survived his 30 trips over Germany defines disingenuous.

Offline Gyro/T69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2004, 07:15:26 PM »
Ahhh samll point, John Kerry co-founded Vietnam Veterans of America.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2004, 07:19:09 PM »
Originally posted by Gyro/T69

The treasonous bastard!
sand

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2004, 07:22:11 PM »
Originally posted by Gyro/T69

Most likely for his own Political Gain :D

Offline Gyro/T69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2004, 07:28:42 PM »
"The treasonous bastard!"

Nope, Just one of them shaded type political links Dems cry about.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2004, 07:30:06 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
He obviously didn't receive the bandaids.  He's also obviously a liberal.  I didn't see a message from him denouncing Kerry's deceipt to receive the award.
oh be quiet.  Those tards with on there Chin are Dishonoring the 1000's of men who received the purple heartin WW2, Vam,  Operation Desert storm and all military conflicts the US has been in.  Please continue if you wish to denounce all who served and got wounded.  this is not just about Kerry this is about all the Vet's who have recieved this Award.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2004, 07:31:15 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
oh be quiet.  Those tards with on there Chin are Dishonoring the 100 of men who received the pruple heartin WW2, Vam,  Operation Desert storm and all military conflicts the US has been in.  Please continue if you wish to denounce all who served and got wounded.  this is not just about Kerry this is about all the Vet's who have recieved this Award.

Where did you get your purple heart?

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2004, 08:14:01 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Where did you get your purple heart?
i don't have one, but this should be common sense in america.  We respect those who have served and been wounded not say ohh sorry you we are disrepecting you just because 1 person got it who shouldn't have.  you make me sick.
II/JG3 DGS II