Author Topic: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY  (Read 8227 times)

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2004, 05:04:18 PM »
If the Bishops or the Knights insist on playing in a military game, but don't want to orgainize in a military fashion, then they will continue to get slaughterd.

Personaly, I don't care if I am on the winning side or not.  I do want to fly what I like when I like.  I think I have paid for that.

My squadron, the Skyknights, specialize in heavy bomber operations.  Our squad night is Sunday, and has been so for a number of years.  For the last year of so real life has relegated me to flying only once a week.

When eny denies us our B17's, then it detracts from our enjoyment.

Simply put, if winning resets is important to you, then organize.  If not, then fly and fight.  If bases at the front are porked or capped, then up from the rear.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2004, 05:31:07 PM »
Originally posted by TBolt A-10
dammit, Karnak.  your signature gave me the hee-bee-jee-bee's.  :D :lol

How so?  It is simply a death haiku.

Waffle,

No, I prefer free form where I can fly what I want without waiting half an hour or so.

I'd like to see the game move away from airfield capture and towards territory capture with airfields simply being part of the terrain captured.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2004, 05:34:42 PM »
Originally posted by 2Slow
If the Bishops or the Knights insist on playing in a military game, but don't want to orgainize in a military fashion, then they will continue to get slaughterd.

Personaly, I don't care if I am on the winning side or not.  I do want to fly what I like when I like.  I think I have paid for that.

My squadron, the Skyknights, specialize in heavy bomber operations.  Our squad night is Sunday, and has been so for a number of years.  For the last year of so real life has relegated me to flying only once a week.

When eny denies us our B17's, then it detracts from our enjoyment.

Simply put, if winning resets is important to you, then organize.  If not, then fly and fight.  If bases at the front are porked or capped, then up from the rear.

What makes you think that the ENY disabler has anything to do with resets ? It has to do with balance, which does not directly correlate to reset.

I could care less who wins the "war", but I do care about always having to face mobs of late war monsters by the over-populated side.

I thought there were more bombers in the game than the B-17 .
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline phookat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #258 on: September 07, 2004, 06:01:26 PM »

Solution: switch sides.

Offline acetnt367th

• Copper Member
« Reply #259 on: September 07, 2004, 06:05:23 PM »

Personaly, I don't care if I am on the winning side or not.  I do want to fly what I like when I like.  

In that case switch to the country that allows B17s - there will ALWAYS be one country that has the least numbers - there you can fly the 17s you love

Acetnt

Offline acetnt367th

• Copper Member
« Reply #260 on: September 07, 2004, 06:06:36 PM »
Originally posted by acetnt367th
In that case switch to the country that allows B17s - there will ALWAYS be one country that has the least numbers - there you can fly the 17s you love

Acetnt

phookat - man you were fast on that reply :-)

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2004, 06:09:23 PM »
Originally posted by acetnt367th

Acetnt

Making an entire squadron of people switch sides isn't always a viable option.  (I swear...this game must be full of loners :lol )  Country swapping brings up a lot of adverse opinions, emotions, etc.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2004, 06:33:26 PM »
Here's how it works in simple terms:

"Goober one to Goober squad. We've become nothing but a huge horde over here and that means we'll probably spend more time having our kills stolen or killshooting ourselves on a 'friendly' that decided we needed 'help' than we actually will getting to shoot and kill something.

Also we can't fly our beloved D ponies right now and that just plain suxxors.

We've been flying on this side for 128 years straight without switching so the 12 hour mora ... mora .... limit on switching shouldn't affect any of us.

Why don't we put on some slacks for the night? Now I know that most of us don't actually know how to switch since part of our indocrination into the squad involved having 'switching is EVUL' tattooed on our foreheads and one of the general orders we memorized was that anyone caught in the o.c. was to be shot on sight .... but I'm sure if we asked someone on the other side they could tell us what button to push and if all of us pay really close attention we can manage to all switch to the same side.

I know it's a complicated process and it kinda intimidates me too ... but I'm actually getting aroused thinking about awakening a synapse or two.

So .... to keep you all from bruising your brains I'll pick the side with the lowest numbers, which should be the safest bet when it comes to getting to ride the D pony the rest of the night, and we'll all go into the o club and when we have someone explain what buttons to push to magically transport us over to the same side all together as a unit, then we'll take it step by step and get there together. Ya ready?"

Goober squad in unison: Could ya repeat the part aftuh "Goober one to Goober sqwad?"

;)

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #263 on: September 07, 2004, 06:40:40 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Here's how it works in simple terms:

;)

:lol  smart-ass  :D

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2004, 06:41:34 PM »
Originally posted by phookat

Don't like 9/11?

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2004, 06:44:34 PM »
Arlo.... LMAO! :lol

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2004, 06:45:09 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
Don't like 9/11?

Easily confused by the difference between reality and a game?  

Whine.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2004, 06:45:16 PM »
Vad. Wrong thing to add, man. So don't get upset when you post disappears, ok? Just sayin'.

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #268 on: September 07, 2004, 06:50:52 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Vad. Wrong thing to add, man. So don't get upset when you post disappears, ok? Just sayin'.

Don't care about that, man.

Offline phookat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2004, 06:52:10 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
Don't like 9/11?

"I got it from Space Invaders in 1977."

"Aw, yeah.  That was a pretty addictive video game."

"Video game?"