Author Topic: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY  (Read 8229 times)

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« Reply #270 on: September 07, 2004, 06:52:35 PM »
Hey Guys,  I didnt see 2 slow stomp his feet or anything.  

He said it Detracts from their enjoyment when the B17 isnt availble.  

He didnt say they wont fly other planes,  He just said when they arnt there,  its less fun.  

Repeat.....  Less Fun.  

Side switching is not an easy thing for squads,  probably even harder for Rook squads because they really enjoy flying together.   Side Switching is less fun for many.  

I also can see where some might find being outnumbered less fun as well.   Personaly I think thats more fun  ;)

FUN is a Key word here,  Thats what we are all here for.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #271 on: September 07, 2004, 06:55:11 PM »
Grimm,

So he should have his fun and the people on the perpetually outnumbered side should pay for a game that is never fun for them?

Look at and think about the big picture.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #272 on: September 07, 2004, 06:57:52 PM »
Originally posted by Grimm
I also can see where some might find being outnumbered less fun as well.   Personaly I think thats more fun  ;)

FUN is a Key word here,  Thats what we are all here for.

Yup,  I all ready agree with that too.  :)

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #273 on: September 07, 2004, 07:02:49 PM »
I think once this system is tweaked,  and everyone gets used to it.  Things will work out.

The other solution that can be considered that doesnt involve switching sides, and might give a better chance to fly the planes you want on SquadNights is this.

Consider changing your squad night to a different night.   maybe a night that your country isnt nearly as strong.  

This does help balance the arena as well,   Your still flying for your favorite country,  and your less likely to be effected by the balancer.      Pretty much a win all the way around.

Hows that for big picture thinking   ;)

{ps edit     Also, if you dont be nice to 2slow,  Flossy just might drop a bomb on your HQ...  lol }
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 07:07:33 PM by Grimm »

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #274 on: September 07, 2004, 07:03:15 PM »
Wow, and while all this was going on I was surrounded by hot chics at the river.

Surprised anyone was on with the holiday, I failed to ponder ENY in any shape or form.  But I sure did ponder some niiiiiice shapes and forms.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2004, 07:07:36 PM »
Originally posted by kj714
Wow, and while all this was going on I was surrounded by hot chics at the river.

Surprised anyone was on with the holiday, I failed to ponder ENY in any shape or form.  But I sure did ponder some niiiiiice shapes and forms.

Yea, but did you get any?  ;)  :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #276 on: September 07, 2004, 07:08:33 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
Don't care about that, man.

You might ought to. It can be taken as very offensive by some of the people you want to be friends and play games with on the internet. I'm thinking you didn't understand the actual implications of your post. Meet me halfway here and pretend that's the case, at least. :D

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #277 on: September 07, 2004, 07:09:49 PM »

That was my Sunday Afternoon as well  :)

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #278 on: September 07, 2004, 07:12:16 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Easily confused by the difference between reality and a game?  

Yes, very easily. If you are ready to betray even in a game what are we talking about reality?

Another mentality. Sorry.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #279 on: September 07, 2004, 07:16:28 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
Yes, very easily. If you are ready to betray even in a game what are we talking about reality?

Another mentality. Sorry.

Bad Vad. No Vad. ;)

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #280 on: September 07, 2004, 07:17:15 PM »
Originally posted by TBolt A-10
Yea, but did you get any?  ;)  :D

Oooooh yeah, but wait, well it still counts even if she lives with me the rest of the time anyway. Duchess was looking good!

So who's winning this argument these days? I'm surprised it's had this long of  a run to it, figured it would've ground to a stalemate and be forgotten by now.  I give it a 10 for longevity, but I really miss the Beet1e days.

Summer's almost over, about time to start logging some real hours!

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #281 on: September 07, 2004, 07:18:54 PM »
Originally posted by Grimm
That was my Sunday Afternoon as well  :)

Yeah, where at?

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #282 on: September 07, 2004, 07:22:31 PM »
I'd switch sides if it would help, but I don't see it. I'm a bish and as it is I just don't bother flying sundays nights. Rooks out number everyone. So I switch to knights, and I'm still getting ganged, or I switch to Rooks and fight with other rooks chasing down the one bogie in the area. So its no fun for me, and I can't see how it could  possible be fun to be one of the "horde". I'm here to fly and fight, not get ganged, or hope I'm the one with the most "E" to get the bogie ahead of 8 other guys!

Is the ENY thing working, from a Bish stand point I think it is. No the numbers are not perfect, but they were never ment to be. Is it making people switch sides... I don't think so, nor will it. Will it make the Knights and/or Bishops get more organised, I don't think so, but the continued attack of a better organised force will finally get the job done.... the old "whack them up side the head till they get it" way of schoolin' :)

Ya the rooks are going to roll over the others awhile longer, no matter what is done, but it has only happened once since HTC started the ENY thing, coinsidance, maybe :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 07:25:27 PM by MaddogJoe »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #283 on: September 07, 2004, 07:22:56 PM »
Oooooh yeah, but wait, well it still counts even if she lives with me the rest of the time anyway. Duchess was looking good!

So who's winning this argument these days? I'm surprised it's had this long of  a run to it, figured it would've ground to a stalemate and be forgotten by now.  I give it a 10 for longevity, but I really miss the Beet1e days.

Summer's almost over, about time to start logging some real hours!

This could have been a much better story if you had just left out that you didn't actually score with an 18 yr old virgin on the side. Still ... it's a much better hijack than Vad's. :aok

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #284 on: September 07, 2004, 07:28:06 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
This could have been a much better story if you had just left out that you didn't actually score with an 18 yr old virgin on the side. Still ... it's a much better hijack than Vad's. :aok

I'll see if I can throw a pic or two up to round it out!