Author Topic: Guns don't kill people, nah.  (Read 2045 times)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Guns don't kill people, nah.
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2004, 12:30:48 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Well speak then....do you agree with what I said?

This is it:

Without a gun you are a defenseless girly man.

Without a gun in a country that allows guns you are a very stupid defensless girly man.

I doubt you will agree with it now and as per your usual posting method you will now turn to shooting trash and collecting guns as your basis for why everyone has the right to bear arms.

it's not choosing to own a gun that makes you a girly-man.  it's being willing to give up your own freedom and (more importantly) requiring others to surender theirs for your perception of safety.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2004, 12:35:32 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
"The Kremlin official, Aslanbek Aslakhanov, said in an interview that more than 20 elite Russian commandos were killed in the day-long battle that began Friday, many of them accidentally shot in the back by armed civilian vigilantes who rushed to the school to fight for their children. The previously undisclosed death toll, he said, surpasses any in the history of the famed Alpha and Vympel special forces units."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5926631/

:rofl  :rofl :rofl  :rofl

thanks, great link!  a 2-fer.

"The previously undisclosed death toll, he said, surpasses any in the history of the famed Alpha and Vympel special forces units."

Not only info that the A-team (and aperently they have picked up an allie in the V-team) has surfaced in russia.  but cops being turned into zombies-

"Either he was interested in money or was under threat of death regularly and later probably he was zombied," Apiyev said.

it just don't get any better than that.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2004, 02:21:46 PM »
curval... ya gotta admit that it is pretty womanly to vote to ban things that you are afraid of.  To take away someones human right to defend himself because orf your neurotic fears.

lazs

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2004, 02:28:40 PM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
Guns permit impulse killing.  Many of us have been in situations where we were angry enough to shoot someone.  Had we had a gun in our hand, no doubt a few of us would have done it.

There is no situation where "being angry" gives you cause to injure somesome, let alone shoot them.

This story, as well as many others like it is exatly the reason why I carry a gun. A handgun is meant to be a defensive weapon that can be used to protect yourself or others from immanent danger of severe bodily injury or death.

Had there been a LAW ABIDING handgun owner (carrying his/her gun) perhaps the shooter could have been stopped before the so called victims (the original bullies) were shot / killed.

The reason there were no LAW ABIDING citizens carrying a gun there is simple - NO GUNS ARE ALLOWED INTO SPORTING EVENTS - hence all the LAW ABIDING people left their guns at home.

----

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2004, 02:36:09 PM »
I believe that curly thinks that the only thing stopping him from killing people when he is angry is that he doesn't have a gun handy.

very strange.

lazs

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2004, 02:58:20 PM »
Think alot of you guys miss the point that is attemted to be made at times that you seem to have no understanding of what it must be like to live a daily life without the need to own a gun for protection. And still feel completely safe.

If I lived in the US I'd probably wan't to carry a gun as well.

...-Gixer

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2004, 03:14:41 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
curval... ya gotta admit that it is pretty womanly to vote to ban things that you are afraid of.  To take away someones human right to defend himself because orf your neurotic fears.

lazs

Your jaded opinion and logic, not mine.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2004, 03:19:49 PM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by AKcurly
Guns permit impulse killing. Many of us have been in situations where we were angry enough to shoot someone. Had we had a gun in our hand, no doubt a few of us would have done it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm starting to get it.  your not so much afraid of guns as afraid of yourself, and afraid everyone else lacks your self control.

how does that work?  how do you ever relax when this guy who you fear and don't trust is with you every where you go?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2004, 03:42:13 PM »
...and by the way, I'm not really happy about using this horrible event to "gain points" on a BBS, but here is what the BBC are saying about the armed civilians in the recent Russian school assault.

So much for armed students etc preventing another Columbine

No mention of zombies to have a good chuckle about, just the facts that the civilians could well have CAUSED the slaughter of more people.  How very manly of them.:rolleyes:
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2004, 03:43:48 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
What I find interesting though are the number of pro-gun posters who don't actually own guns.

What is the point of standing so firmly for something that you don't chose to be a part of yourself?  I don't get it.

If I may.  I do not own a gun of any kind, but would defend the right of any one to bear arms.  Why?
It is about rights.  I see it as a fundamental right for anyone to be able to defend themselves, or at least, have that as a choice.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2004, 03:49:58 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
If I may.  I do not own a gun of any kind, but would defend the right of any one to bear arms.  Why?
It is about rights.  I see it as a fundamental right for anyone to be able to defend themselves, or at least, have that as a choice.

Ping make an excellent 9-iron.

You might actually need yours one day because you are in exactly the same "powerless womanly position" I am in if someone tries to hurt me or my family with a gun.

You guys almost sound like the female member of the Judean People's Front willing to fight for Stan's "right" to have babies in "Life of Brian".

:rofl
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 03:55:52 PM by Curval »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2004, 03:56:02 PM »
Curval, back away for a second.  It is about choice.  The freedom to own a gun.  I can, if I want to.  I just chose not to.

I grew up with guns.  I am a very good shot.  I just do not see the need to own one right now.  It is a personal choice.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2004, 03:57:44 PM »
skuzzy.. that is all that I am saying really.   one should be extremely careful of taking away someones freedom or human rights even if one is frieghtened or ignorant on the subject.

I believe that one of the fundamental philisophical differences on this board on the subject between the euros and the Americans is that Americans are born and bred of self reliance.... guns are fundamentaly a self reliant solution to self and family defense...

the oppossite is true in countries where government is seen to be the benefactor and "father".... if the government can't protect you then you certainly won't be able to...

There is also a distrust of government here in the U.S. that a lot of the euros don't really comprehend.

Russia does not have a recent history of armed citizens.   I think that the situation described could not happen here.  in fact... it doesn't.    In American situations the civilians are a huge help in allmost every case.

I believe that Americans would try to resolve the situation if no help were available.  I also believe that Americans step out of the way once organized help arrives..  

lazs

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »

Yee-haww! im the rootinest tootinest cowboy in the wild wild west!!

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2004, 04:02:29 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Curval, back away for a second.  It is about choice.  The freedom to own a gun.  I can, if I want to.  I just chose not to.

I grew up with guns.  I am a very good shot.  I just do not see the need to own one right now.  It is a personal choice.

Please elaborate on why you don't own one right now.  I'm curious.