Author Topic: Guns don't kill people, nah.  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Guns don't kill people, nah.
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2004, 04:04:42 PM »
Why would you think I need a reason not to own a gun?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2004, 04:04:56 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2 Russia does not have a recent history of armed citizens.   I think that the situation described could not happen here.  in fact... it doesn't.    In American situations the civilians are a huge help in allmost every case.

I believe that Americans would try to resolve the situation if no help were available.  I also believe that Americans step out of the way once organized help arrives..  

lazs

I see...here are the FACTS coming out now.:rolleyes:
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2004, 04:05:01 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Please elaborate on why you don't own one right now.  I'm curious.

HT not paying him enough.

Maybe skuzzy works on comission every time he bans someone?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2004, 04:05:59 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Why would you think I need a reason not to own a gun?

Kids in the house maybe?  Girlfriend/wife won't allow it?

Am I getting warm?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2004, 04:06:52 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
Think alot of you guys miss the point that is attemted to be made at times that you seem to have no understanding of what it must be like to live a daily life without the need to own a gun for protection. And still feel completely safe.

If I lived in the US I'd probably wan't to carry a gun as well.

...-Gixer

There are alot of people Including me that never want to own a gun but still thinks everyone that wants to should be able to have them,

I used to like guns when i was a child untill one of my friends shot himself when were teanagers.  sense then,  I don't like them.

But i believe should have the right to carry,  
I dont feel less safe not carring one,    But i dont think the country should be waiting for the police or someone else to save them.

Every one needs to be responisble to help them selves and help others,  Unless we have soo many police around that we trip over them,  there are going to be times when they cant help you or stop a crime.

guns just even the odds of the strong rulling the weak,  you dont need to be stong to pull the trigger...  you wont have the number of break ins to houses becasue the criminals wont be confdent that they are stonger then the ones who live there.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2004, 04:10:11 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Kids in the house maybe?  Girlfriend/wife won't allow it?

Am I getting warm?

Curval, you are working from an assumption that I have some desire to own a gun.  Isn't it ok that I just do not care, either way, about owning one?

I have never asked my Wife about it, so I really do not know what her opinion is.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Gyro/T69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2004, 04:10:59 PM »
Girlfriend/wife won't allow it? = Girly Man? :p

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2004, 04:18:43 PM »
curval... even if I didn't own guns or.... in situations where I don't have one... I feel much better knowing that there is a chance that someone in the crowd has taken on the responsibility to won one.

I say "I think" and "I belive" when talking about the Russian situation because nothing of that magnitutude has happened here but...  I have data that shows that 1/3 of all school shootings were stopped by armed citizens and that 2million or so citizens a year stop crime with guns every year.   enough data for you?

lazs

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2004, 04:20:15 PM »
Lasz...book is half read on the bookshelf. I must confess, that it has so many statistics that I find it a bit boring, but I'll perservere and will post about it when I've finished.

Ravs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2004, 04:22:27 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Curval, you are working from an assumption that I have some desire to own a gun.  Isn't it ok that I just do not care, either way, about owning one?

I have never asked my Wife about it, so I really do not know what her opinion is.

Most posters, in gun threads, use the fact that I am a subject, a potential victim, or girly man because I don't own a gun.  I am a defenseless womanly human being apparently.

You guys in the US who don't own guns have the "choice" to own guns but don't.

Just how less of any of the above descriptions don't apply to you?  You have the choice but choose not to.  You are just as defenseless am I am in the face of an armed invader.

Arguing that you have the "right to defend yourself" as being a reason to own guns is strange to me given that you, and others, choose not to.

As I said before, it smacks of Stan's right to have babies.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2004, 04:25:26 PM »
lazs, you yourself admitted watching a guy unload six shots from close proximity and missing each time.

Luckily those shots didn't imbed themselves into an innocent bystander.

Now you are trying to say you feel better because OTHERS are armed even if you are not?  So much for independence and self reliance.

You have some much trust yet you arm yourself to the teeth.

Weird.

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2004, 04:27:51 PM »
Curval! How's it going?

bit pissed here!

When are you next over this way?

Ravs

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2004, 04:28:23 PM »
Think alot of you guys miss the point that is attemted to be made at times that you seem to have no understanding of what it must be like to live a daily life without the need to own a gun for protection. And still feel completely safe.

...-Gixer

Gixer,
I answered this from perspective very early in this thread.  You just chose to ignore it.

I own shotguns and rifles for hunting and handguns for sport.  I do not own them because I feel the need to use them as protection.  In fact, I wouldn't even be able to get to them in time if we did have a break in.

I feel safe every day.  My kids walk to school on their own, and ride their bikes to their friends' houses.  My wife walks our dog after dark, blah blah.  I don't need to use paranoid rhetoric like yours to make that point.

Growing up, I never even owned a house key.  Why?  Because we never, and I mean never locked our door.  Even when we left on vacation.  The town I grew up in had 40,000 people at the time.  Not a major metro, but big enough.

Hell, Curv's scooter gets stolen more often then we locked our doors when I was growing up, and he lives on a small island.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2004, 04:56:42 PM »

Gixer, if you're that ignorant about life in "the U.S.", you might do well to stay out of discussions about the goings on here.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2004, 05:00:46 PM »
Originally posted by Stringer
Hell, Curv's scooter gets stolen more often then we locked our doors when I was growing up, and he lives on a small island.

Once...and I recovered it, so technically none. :p