Author Topic: Alternative to perking C-Hog  (Read 569 times)

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Alternative to perking C-Hog
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2001, 07:50:00 AM »

Originally posted by Hans:
I just think the NORMAL D-hog should be more common, and the C-hog should be converted into a Corsair F4U-4C, and have a cost of 20 perk points.

I never liked the C-hog from day 1.  I felt it didn't belong for game balance reasons and historic reasons, mainly because I see nothing wrong with the D-hog.

Equall rare planes like N1K2s and C.205s I have no problem with, because I knew they would be competitive, but not superior designs with the rest of the plane roster.  This way Japan and Italy gets represented for those players who want to fly for those countries.

At this point in the game, I don't think a Fw190D9 would be a perk plane, but I want to wait untill I see what the game plays like after the C-hog is less common.

Hans.

Little Biased there are you.

" I don't like the Chog it kicks my bellybutton waa! waaa! every ones flying it to Waa! waa! the guns are to big and work to well waa waaa! lets ban it waa! waa! Lets change it to another plane waaa! waa! Lets mess it's gunns up Waaa! Waaa! Lets perk it! waa waa!!"

Scuse me while I puke .... in your cockpit! ... sorry for the chunks on your dash!

P.S. you know at one pount I was a really nice guy. Now I feel like Iam not only being an stunninghunk but I have to be one. I thought the army, law enforcement, and my Ex-girlfriend made me bad!

------------------
Mayhem 33rd S.G.
"Destination anywhere, so far gone, I'm already there!"
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2001, 08:02:00 AM »
Ripsnort,

The pom-poms I'll deal with, but no feaking way do you want to see me in that skirt.  Trust me.  

Mayhem,

Sigh.  "Vomit" is the best description for your post, that's for sure.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

[This message has been edited by Lephturn (edited 01-10-2001).]

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »

Originally posted by Lephturn:
Ripsnort,

The pom-poms I'll deal with, but no feaking way do you want to see me in that skirt.  Trust me.      

Mayhem,

Sigh.  "Vomit" is the best description for your post, that's for sure.

ya but the really sad part is Iam right and Iam not watering it down any more.

Iam not a trainer Iam don't work for HTC and I could care less if the masses like me or agree with me or not. I wount change my opinion becuase the people don't like it and I wount play the PR game. If i can I'll drag the nasty stinky painfull truth in the open and make people see it. If Iam really right I know Iam gunna really erk alot of people. least iam not going to lie cover it up or wisper little sweet nothings in youre ear to get you to like or agree with me. If I think pyro Hitech or HTC or a group of people in the game is wrong Iam gunna say it ... bluntly.

hell In real life iam not nice and I don't water the facts or my opinions down. I just call it the way i see it and i say what i feel. You will either hate me for it or want to get drunk with me. least Iam not gunna Bs you or lie to you. And Iam not about to play nicey nice politics to impress people or make them like me.You either like me and except me for who and what Iam or you don't.

least iam more civil in the game alot of people are worse.

------------------
Mayhem 33rd S.G.
"Destination anywhere, so far gone, I'm already there!"

[This message has been edited by Mayhem (edited 01-10-2001).]
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 54Ed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2001, 10:50:00 PM »
All this hubbub about the Chog killing the game puzzles me.  Who cares if lots of people are flying the Chog???

I seldom fly the CHOG, because I like other planes better.  I've also never felt it was as dangerous as it's reputation.  The guns are deadly, but no worse than the Typhoon, and the CHOG can be outflown by many planes.

Whatever solution is implemented, the CHOG must remain readily available or you will ruin the strategic flow of the game.  Without the CHOG, there is no carrier-based tank busting capability, and the land bases will be invulnerable to carrier assault.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2001, 10:57:00 PM »
Hooli, you're essentially correct in that accessment, but perhaps I can't agree with verbage of it being a "few" planes.  In this case, we have an obvious standout.  There are ridiculous arguments that state that perking one plane moves everybody else to another plane which results in that plane getting perked which moves them to the next plane which makes that get perked, ad infinitum until only the worst plane is unperked.  What?  If perking the -1C made it fall off the map and made other planes take it spot, wouldn't it just make more sense to see that the perk cost of the -1C was just set too high?  People look at this as an on/off switch with no ability to strike a reasonable medium and I have no idea why.  If they read a headline in the paper that the fed is leaning towards raising interest rates, do they automatically assume they're going to jack them up by 20% and that the economy will instantly fall apart?  That's about what's going on here.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2001, 11:18:00 PM »
Yah know... I think the resistance to the perk idea is because it's so... new.

I bet by this same time next year the perk system, and the transaction of tradin' points fer rides becomes just... second nature.

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2001, 11:56:00 PM »

Originally posted by 54Ed:
All this hubbub about the Chog killing the game puzzles me.  Who cares if lots of people are flying the Chog???

I seldom fly the CHOG, because I like other planes better.  I've also never felt it was as dangerous as it's reputation.  The guns are deadly, but no worse than the Typhoon, and the CHOG can be outflown by many planes.

Whatever solution is implemented, the CHOG must remain readily available or you will ruin the strategic flow of the game.

Without the CHOG, there is no carrier-based tank busting capability, and the land bases will be invulnerable to carrier assault.

54Ed,

Arrgh. The point (among the non-whiners who would like to see a CHog perk) isn't that the CHog is an invulnerable super-weapon, it's that there are so many of them it makes the game uninteresting.

Don't you think it's more interesting to face a wide variety of aircraft? Diversity is good. Diversity maintains interest.

Nobody cares if someone posts they took a C202 up last night and killed 5 CHogs in one sortie, or whatever. It can be shot down. I've shot down a lot of them.

But people are still flying a ridiculous # of sorties in it. Making the arena boring.

No matter how much people try to portray the CHog as an ordinary, mediocre plane, people just keep flying them and flying them.  

ROFLMAO.  Absence of a cannon-armed F4U would ruin the game?  This is probably the most comical anti-CHog perk argument on the board.

The US still won World War II and they only had 200 CHogs for about 3 months of the war :-)

Land bases aren't invulnerable to carriers without the CHog. You can kill tanks with bombs and rocks..the D Hog and the Hellcat both carry 2x1000 bombs.

[This message has been edited by Torgo (edited 01-10-2001).]

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2001, 02:15:00 AM »

Without the CHOG, there is no carrier-based tank busting capability, and the land bases will be invulnerable to carrier assault

You can kill flak-panzers and tanks even with a Seafire. It takes only one or two passes more  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2001, 03:04:00 AM »

Whatever solution is implemented, the CHOG must remain readily available or you will ruin the strategic flow of the game.  Without the CHOG, there is no carrier-based tank busting capability, and the land bases will be invulnerable to carrier assault.

Every other plane on the carrier is capable of killing an Osty or a tank.  Ya just have to bring some bombs or rockets with ya...even the little ones the zeke carries will do the job just fine.

SOB

BTW...My own line of thinking on this has changed and it doesn't bother me in the least that the Chog is being perked.  As Jigster pointed out, any Chog flyer should be able to make an easy transition into the Dhog...somehow this very basic fact passed completely over my head.  Remember, .50 cals are your friend & damned fun to use  

[This message has been edited by SOB (edited 01-11-2001).]
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Jay_76

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2001, 07:13:00 AM »
Hmmm...

I've read so many of Mayhem's posts I want to join a Militia. "Happy Birthday Tricia, I'm in the Michigan Militia..." - M. Fruvous

The 20% kills shouldn't bother anyone... its not like this is a plane restricted to a single country (as in WW2), that's what I find most misleading, although I agree with perking it.  It was just said above my post, its because its being flown too often.  Of that 20% of kills, what percentage was Chogs?  That'd be another telling figure.

New user here, and the only two "honorable" fighter kills I've had A2A were Chogs.  After getting blasted h2h by them, I finally paid attention to the material in the boards and websites, and Lo and behold, it's not that tough to kill.  Heck, even when its out of ammo, and trying to outrun you by that thin margin of speed it has on a 109, you can pick the sucker off with the same type of ordanance he tried to tear you apart with.  That's both poetic justice, and enough to keep me in the game.

"Ever since, I've been the Champ." - The Champ.

Jay.

Pepino

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »

54ed,

First, you assume there is some strategic flow already in the game. I dissent. At best, we have some short scope tactics. No strategic goal whatsoever, that I can account of.  

Second, if you get rid of your 20mm. armed cannon bird aboard the CV, you still have a 8" & 5" equipped "plane" and another 5" equipped. Are these powerful enough for tank busting? I would say so. And for hangar busting as well. Land bases invulnerable to carrier assault? I don't think so.

Now Pyro, pretty please, give us a landing craft with a loadout of panzers plus shoreline batteries. And allow the fleet to be anchored for bombardement.   Then we will see TG's parked (or at least the cruiser) outside shoreline guns range, while the CV's airforce tries to unable them.

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2001, 08:01:00 AM »
That's the point Jay, 20% of all the kills in the arena are being made by C-Hogs.  That's more than double the amount by any other plane.    But yeah, they are not that hard to deal with.  I have a tougher time than most, since the Hog and 51 are most dangerous to my Jug, but it's nothing an alt advantage can't fix.  

BTW, it's not hard to tell you are a fellow Canuck. <G>

"I sez pardon?" ------  "Weeeeeeel, I SNAP, I LOOOOOOSE it."  "Smoker, heater, and a FLURY to the solar plexus."

For those of you who haven't heard it, it's a radio comedy bit that has been done up here for many years on the radio.  Search napster for "The Champ" and you'll find some episodes.

Heheheh.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2001, 08:23:00 AM »

Originally posted by gatt:
You can kill flak-panzers and tanks even with a Seafire. It takes only one or two passes more  

Of course, this is assuming that you don't get shot down on the first or second pass...

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2001, 08:56:00 AM »
Anyone worried about FlakPanzers needs to learn about rockets.  They do wonders and 3 of the remaining CV aircraft carry them.

AKDejaVu

eskimo

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2001, 09:04:00 AM »
Send one pizza to HTC:
Get 15 C-Hog flights!

eskimo