Author Topic: goes ta show.. Even a blind pig....  (Read 493 times)

lazs

goes ta show.. Even a blind pig....
« on: February 14, 2001, 08:19:00 AM »
roots up a truffle once in a while.... Yep, even someone as skilless and inexperianced as  Drex can come up with a good idea once in a while!  Shows that slow talking is not allways slow thinking.

In an earlier thread he suggested that a fair and workable (as oppossed to idiotic and unfair perk) solution to bringing ultra late war and uber planes into the arena would be.... A jet day or, in AH case uber day.  

Now, I disslike RPS's and I dissliked WB jet day but... In the spirit of comprimise, this would seem ok.  Everyone could try out some of these unimportant, unbalancing but interesting AC for a day every tour.   If you didn't want to you could take your chance in an earlier ride or just stay away.  

Why screw up the arena 24/7 for a few unimportant planes when we can do this?
lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
Laz,
Just curious as to your thoughts of allowing countries with less than, say, 3 fields, to have Uber-planes at their disposal, as a possible proposition in regards to one country have extrememly low numbers, with 2 countries attacking it...whats your feeling on this?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2001, 08:41:00 AM »
Rip,

Believe me, I don't care one way or the other about perks. I think HTC will eventually find a workable way to do what they want to do.

Also, your idea may have merit.

But.......

I read your post and instantly the thought overwhelmed me:

Rip's proposing "Secret Weapons of the LOSERS"!

I can just see one country's bold aviators sitting around in the tower, picking their toes, waiting to lose just one more field so they can all launch in the SuperSlammer 6000-B.

[This message has been edited by Toad (edited 02-14-2001).]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2001, 09:23:00 AM »
Nah I just hate dweebs in the SuperSlammer 6000B.*Real* men grabs the MegaMolestor 2121A!

danish

lazs

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2001, 10:19:00 AM »
rip.. honestly, I have no feeling on your idea.   It is out of the realm of my interest.  How so?   Well... I don't care about "winning" the war.   I don't notice if the numbers are unbalanced on the whole so much as how they are in the area I am in.

I don't really think that your idea would affect me much except randomly and not very often.  Not sure I have ever seen a time that my country was down to 2-3 fields and don't pay attention to how many fields the other guys have except that... To me, all the red ones are the same.  I actually do not know if it is rooks or that other one that I am fighting.  

So... maybe that is an opinion after all?
lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2001, 10:21:00 AM »
Rgr, oh, and it isn't my idea, don't want to take credit for something that may be implemented in the future.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2001, 10:46:00 AM »
I think HTC will eventually find a workable way to do what they want to do.
====
Eventually HTC will have to do *something*.

I think "most" people understand that eventually AH will have a genuinely full featured WW2 planeset.

As a result there will have to be some system in place that promotes the use of weaker, slower and more lightly armored early warplans against the later issued and far more lethal warplanes.

Whether its an RPS (my choice) or an accumulated point (perk) system isnt of particular concern to me.

What I DO WANT is a more inclusive planeset.  I dont want to play in a late war theme indefenitely.  

I would prefer a RPS though.

Bottom line is no matter what is done, some folks aint gonna like it.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2001, 11:01:00 AM »
Naw! If you get down to three fields your uber planes should be limited to the Dr.1 and SE5a.  

I agree that voicing your opinion is a good thing, but give these guys a chance. This kind of thread is starting to sound like tales from Chicken Little.

Voss

Ice

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2001, 11:13:00 AM »
I'm just gonna fly and try to hit what I shoot at

lazs

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
hmmm... voss... where have i heard that name before?   something to do with waiting and giving people a chance i think.
lazs

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »
god.... I was ---->   <----  that close to getting sucked into this again. Maybe tmrrw's bait will be more tempting.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2001, 12:22:00 PM »
Oh yeah Laz, a few unimportant aircraft.  You mean like the Spitfire MkXIV, the most important aircraft in the 2nd Tactical Airforce in 1944 and 1945?  Or how about like the Fw190D-9 and Me262a, the aircraft that without which the P-51D is also unimportant.  Or maybe you mean aircraft like the Ki84, which is the only Japanese fighter to truly challenge your F4U.  So I guess the F4U is unimortant too and should be removed.

Laz, just because your favorite kite happens to be modeled, don't try to end the war in 1943.  Some of us have favorites that come later.  The Spitfire F.MkXIVc in my case and the Fw190D-9 in the case of numerous Luftwaffe fans.

Please, shut the <bleep> up.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2001, 12:29:00 PM »
It seems kind of funny to me to continuously rant about something that hasn't even happened yet...  

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

lazs

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
well karnak... the Spit14... may have been important to a couple of squads but it's short range made it fairly irrelevant to the effort.  OTOH, The P51 was very important for those years and made in very large numbers with consistent quality ...  D9?  seriously... doubt if more than a couple hundred ever took to the air and then with little or no impact on the war.  Ki84? your kidding right?  engine troubles and poor quality kept em out of the fight and the ones that did fite were probly 30-40 mph slower than advertised.  Not too important.

still... go ahead, give em the importance they deserve, let em fly for a day.
lazs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2001, 12:47:00 PM »
Laz,
You clearly have no idea about the history you are talking about.  You should probably go read some books about things besides the F4U.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-