Author Topic: general question  (Read 1502 times)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
general question
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2004, 09:16:08 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
lol just checked your stats jb just for ****'s and giggles.

spit 9 has the second higest kills on you

we should get a 190d-9 spit9 senerio going:lol

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
general question
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2004, 09:21:42 PM »
but i do carry a 1.33 positive K/D against them hehehhee
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
general question
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2004, 09:28:26 PM »
umm i have a

1.68 k/d against the dora

is it the lower it go's the better or the higher?

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
general question
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2004, 09:55:56 PM »
4 K/d meand you kill 4 for every one that kills you

hence you have higher K/D against doras than i do VS spit IX

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
general question
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2004, 09:59:38 PM »
this tour you are carrying a 5+ skill ratio in the spit IX against the whole community

meaning you are doing 5 times better than the rest of the community in the spit IX than everyone else

still think is' a non-uber ride?

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
general question
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2004, 10:09:22 PM »
thats good right? 5 times better?

how do i check my k/d ratio from the last couple months?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 10:20:58 PM by 68DevilM »

Offline One0One

• Zinc Member
general question
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2004, 11:11:06 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak

If I were the Fw190D-9 pilot I'd get some steam up and then take the fight verticle.  The power and speed of the Fw190D-9 would overwelm the Spitfire F.Mk IX's ability to match the Fw190 for  long and going verticle keeps you over the Spit so that he cannot try to escape.

Bleed the Spit's E out and kill it.

If i were the spit pilot and we would be fightin till death.Then i´d simply decrese my boost setting and evade him till he runs out of fuel.Then blow him away as he is deadstick.:D

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
general question
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2004, 11:22:51 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
thats good right? 5 times better?

how do i check my k/d ratio from the last couple months?
can't only currnet month.
HTC does have a "expanded kill stats" under scored, but only gives numbers you have to do math yourself

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
general question
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2004, 11:23:30 PM »
Originally posted by One0One
If i were the spit pilot and we would be fightin till death.Then i´d simply decrese my boost setting and evade him till he runs out of fuel.Then blow him away as he is deadstick.:D
unless 190 been up for a while your spit will run outta fuel LONG before dora does

Offline One0One

• Zinc Member
general question
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2004, 02:06:37 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
unless 190 been up for a while your spit will run outta fuel LONG before dora does

Did a few quick tests.

Spit IX 100% fuel max power E6B says 48 mins,with a dt 85 mins

190-D9 100% fuel max power E6B says 52 mins,with a dt 83 mins

These tests were done offline with FBR set at 1.0

According to this,saying the Spit would run out LONG before the 190 is exagerating.In AH2 the Spit IX would win a 1 on 1 fight till death fight (both pilots at a close skill level).Imho the Spit pilot should easily be able to avoid any kind of an attack from the 190 but would have difficulties downing him.The 190s only chance would be wife ack or some idiot ringin the other guy´s doorbell and calling him at the same time(some people just don´t have manners).;)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
general question
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2004, 02:23:11 PM »
this tour you are carrying a 5+ skill ratio in the spit IX against the whole community

meaning you are doing 5 times better than the rest of the community in the spit IX than everyone else

still think is' a non-uber ride?

well i dont care if people call me a spit dweeb, im still preety damn good in it, but i think it is time for a change?

hmm come on la5:D

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
general question
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2004, 05:14:06 PM »
want a challange?

try a 109g2 for a tour

or a 190 A5

carry 4+ k/d you'd be great

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
general question
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2004, 05:37:35 PM »
Originally posted by One0One

Go ahead and decrease your boost.  It'll just mean I kill you quicker as your E will bleed out that much faster.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
general question
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2004, 06:02:59 PM »
Depends.. I'd say Spit 9 wins or it is a draw.  The D9s only option is a lazy bore n zoom type offense, or to run away.  If the D9 commits hard, it is only a matter of seconds before the Spit 9 would have the advantage.. and if the D9 commits hard.. it can't get away because the Spit 9 accelerates better.  If it doesn't commit hard, the Spit can evade its lazy bore n zoom passes, while building up energy faster than the D9 can.  Eventually, the spit will be able to chase the D9 up and hose it while the D9 is hung over at the top of its Immelman.  

Unless the D9 goes for the treemendously boring approach of "extending" straight for a sector before beginning a gentle climb to get above the Spit.  And even then they'd be up past 20k, where the D9 starts losing steam, and the Spit 9 starts coming into its own as a energy fighter.  

The 190 (all of them) is a spectacularly crappy 1v1 plane.  Turn rate and radius are both awe-inspiringly poor, climb rate and zoom are unimpressive, and acceleration is mediocre (except in a dive).  Low speed handling varies from poor in the A5 to downright awful in the D9/A8.  The A5/A8 have relatively slow top speeds (compared to the 1945 speed demons) and good guns, while the D9 has average guns and decent top speed.  

The Spit 9 on the other hand, is a great 1v1 plane.  It has my money for the best 1v1 plane in the game.  Turn rate and radius are both great, if not outstanding.  Climb rate and acceleration are great, low speed handling is superb, acceleration is phenomenal, especially when diving.  Firepower is superb, there is no single gun better than the Hispano, in Aces High.

Whereas a bunch of 190s would probably fare pretty well against a bunch of Spitfires, I don't think 1 190 against 1 Spitfire would even be close.

Offline One0One

• Zinc Member
general question
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2004, 02:34:19 AM »
want a challange?

try a 109g2 for a tour

or a 190 A5

carry 4+ k/d you'd be great

I tried flyin for K/D one tour but gave up after 3 days.I wasn´t flyin 109s or 190s but my K/D was 24 to 1.So im pretty confident i could do that.I don´t dislike German planes.
And to keep it short Urchin hit the nail on the head.

Go ahead and decrease your boost. It'll just mean I kill you quicker as your E will bleed out that much faster.

I´d go with you to the DA and try it,but im depressed enough from the BnZing in Main arena.