Author Topic: Can we have night back?  (Read 4077 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2004, 05:22:36 PM »
Well ghi, the problem is that people who want to see the night also fly during max hours.  

But 30 minutes every 5 hours would be cool.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2004, 05:32:32 PM »
Originally posted by phookat
A night fighter is more than a paint job.
"Wild Seau"
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline phookat

• Nickel Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2004, 06:14:08 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
"Wild Seau"

More than a paint job.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2004, 06:40:10 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Why don't you guys just turn down YOUR gamma? Then you can have as much night as you want.

Enjoy, and no charge for the suggestion.

:rolleyes:
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2004, 07:08:10 PM »
Can you guys configure a H2H area to be night?  

My vote would be no if it applied to the entire MA.  Just gives 30 minutes (or whatever) of constrained gameplay.  The night graphics are interesting, but that's not enough for me.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2004, 07:14:36 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Do we have night fighters? Then why have night?

inasmuch as all planes already have on board dar as opposed to having to rely on radio com from . In essence all planes are already night fighters. So that arguement well it doesnt fly

I enjoyed the night. had some fun fights in it. only turned the gamma up on my aging monitor to the point  of the pics shown above.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 07:22:02 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline me62

• Zinc Member
Bring on the Night
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2004, 07:50:02 PM »
I thought the night was a good thing, and I still do.  Though
instrument pannel lights and maybe formation lights would
be nice features.

On not being able to see anything, I flew a lanc formation
in the TA one night when the clock had stopped at mid-
night,  the moonlight illuminated the ground just fine, bombed
with good results and shot a FW190 that was trying to sneak
up on my six.

But since night time inhibits those "just looking for a good fight"
we most likely won't get it back.

Mike

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2004, 08:55:41 PM »
The global dar can be destroyed easily. Each plane should have its own.

~AoM~

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2004, 11:30:50 PM »
I enjoyed flying at night.    I would like to see some form of night flying again maybe in the future.      

I have not tried GV's at night.  That may be a difficult task to try and I would like to have a go at that as well.  Always up for a challange.

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Can we have night back?
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2004, 12:47:13 AM »
I wanted to start a new post but found this one.  The new breed of AH2 folks with better graphics and PCs can enjoy this feature and benefit.  It really is a great asset to Aces High.  The time should mimic the previous settings and should be be consistant.

While critics of AH can say they like "this" but do not like "that",  as consumers,  we need to voice our opinions and let HTC know what is good and right by the majority.  I may not like a map or plane skin, but this is the forum for that.  I don't like a few people complaining that they don't like the night and then it gets removed.  What percentage of folks was this?  Are they H2H or paying customers?  While I would hate to see it every squad night, I invite it and accept it as a realistic and true test of flight and stealth.  I have, and will praise HTC for creating this feature and benefit.  

I consider the night like the bullet hole above my head, the fire on my wing, the fuel leak leaving a trail, the oil leak doing the same, or covering my windscreen,  and the blackout, the spins, the bloody mess in the cockpit, and the bottle of booze under my seat!  The landing gear that breaks, or is missing, the carrier that turns as I am taking off or landing, and landing a few kills that say I accomplished something and the world now knows it.  

Do I want the night, you bet I do!  I have tried to be a voice and force to encourage it.  But I am just one lonely pielet!  

HiTech (Dale) please reinstitute a policy to bring back the night.  30 minutes, or 1 hour doesn't matter to me, just reinstate it and make it another feature and benefit for us to enjoy, relish, and hate, if need be.  ( I hate dying-can you stop that??  :D )
It's one of the greatest parts of AH that I can say that is a cut above anything else out there!
No matter what, HTC is a great service oriented company and I feel like they go the extra mile to please folks.  I have no complaints and no axe to grind.  Well, I have one, HT called me a "Dolt" during the Open-Beta testing for AH2  :)  Go figure!  My version of Websters still cannot resolve this!  :D

K-KEN  

http://www.cutthroats.com/

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2004, 01:14:27 AM »
No.

curly

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Can we have night back?
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2004, 02:32:16 AM »
Originally posted by ghi
In AH1 we had night at 5pm and 10PM, those hours have maximum players #s, that's why many players were upset
I don't know if that was ever the case, but all the time I have been in AH1 it was a 13-hour cycle, so that the night period shifted each day.  An AH day starts at 0600 and ends at 1800 - that's 12 hours.  The night starts at 1800, warps from 1830 to 0530, and ends at 0600, so that's a total of 13 hours.  I don't know where you get 5 hours from.  :)   PS - I vote for a return of the Night!  :aok
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Heiliger

• Copper Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2004, 03:01:20 AM »
I agree with bringing back the night.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2004, 03:07:05 AM »
If they say they're "just looking for a good fight", then why not bring night back?

Night-time brings out the best (or worst) in a pilot. It keeps you on your toes.

Weather conditions, such as stratus clouds, complete overcast, or thunderstorms do the same, although they don't decrease visibility as much.

Again, bring back night and weather. They've been missing for far too long.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Can we have night back?
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2004, 03:25:27 AM »
The problem is continuity.

Some "realism", just ain't fun.

For instance, why not lay out the bases in realistic distances? Because, nobody is going to play thing game to fly for 3 hours to get to the destination. If gets bounced on his way, he'll have to get up hundreds of kilometers away, and fly some more hours, to ever see enemy presence.

Likewise, "night time" sounds exotic and fun.

However, the moment it is embedded as a regular element in gameplay people soon come to realize that it sucks. Night time is a day for a handful of specialized planes in real life. All day fighters and normal operations cease action in the night. At night, people go to sleep.

Soon, after having to fly in nighttime everyday, staring at the empty nothingness of the black sky, seeing people log off, turn their gamma way up... you begin to question, "is this worth it?"

The people already answered that question long time ago. Night time was introduced into AH because people thought it would be cool. Few months later, they started regretting it.

Maybe a night time every once a week.. something like that might work. But having night time as a regular part of MA sucks. It just makes a classic case of "becareful what you wish for".