Author Topic: About the new TV commercial  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
About the new TV commercial
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2004, 11:08:18 AM »
I got a number of films that I'm going through.  I'm looking for any cool looking films, but there are some particular films that I could use.

1-  262 attacking a B-17 formation.

2- Aerial attack on a CV group.  Filmed from the tower or a gunner position would be best.

3-  A group of tanks close together opening fire.  Being under attack from planes would be even better.

4-  Tight furball action with lots of planes packed in close.

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2004, 11:45:57 AM »
A tight formation peeling off towards the cv with really cool skins.:)
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2004, 01:17:21 PM »
Originally posted by anton
Dedalos, think back to when you were a new player, what was gameplay like back then?  I assume you learned in that environment & adapted to it.

How is todays MA different? Do you think you would approach the game differently if you were a new player entering today? I think you would.

My opinion is that we should be focusing on gameplay before we work on acquiring more players.

Thank goodness I have a forum where I can post my opinions without being attacked:rofl

Anton

lol, I remember flying the spitIs and C202s, cause I did not know any better.  Could not understand why I was getting all the assists but not any kills.  Then, someone pointed out cannons to me.  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2004, 01:43:57 PM »
Wanna know my first actual response? the one I didnt type? "they must be coming out with an RV9"

The sad part is your response doesnt't surprise me one bit. I'm sure you eat just fine.

Anton

Anton....

Thats a classless remark, why shouldnt he want to build his business and prosper.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2004, 02:30:56 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro
I got a number of films that I'm going through.  I'm looking for any cool looking films, but there are some particular films that I could use.

2- Aerial attack on a CV group.  Filmed from the tower or a gunner position would be best.

3-  A group of tanks close together opening fire.  Being under attack from planes would be even better.

4-  Tight furball action with lots of planes packed in close.

Why not just use a P-38L?  It's by far the sexiest plane in the game, it's the most uber fighter and people will flock to this game just to get a chance to fly the thing.  It could be the new spokesplane for AH, kind of like that little green lizard for that insurance company.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2004, 03:21:30 PM »
There should be some great screens/films from Rangoon ... new custom skins and everything ... if you can wait that long.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2004, 03:25:45 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro

i'll get you one tonight

i also have a film from batfink of the 30+ stuka mission from the other night... want that one?

BTW could you post the commercial for us who dont get discovery wings to watch?
\
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2004, 03:33:36 PM »
I will no longer be posting in Gruns thread.

If anyone wishes to continue bashing me and my opinions, please make another thread to do so. Lets let Grunherz have his thread back.

Anton

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2004, 08:33:32 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Anton: I apoligize for liking to eat.

HiTech

My god man! What is wrong with you?

Is that all you can do is think about yourself?
Isn't it enough that they have to pay .48.3 cents a day to play unlimited hours just so you can have fun pushing code around? This could really dent the coper weight in the piggy bank.

Worse comes to worse, yall could pedal a bike for electro energy. And light from those energy saving light bulbs could easily come more effeciantlly just using 50 candles.

And they have finally invented the perpetual engine to power the computers. You just plant an oak tree that produces lots of acorns over the squirrel cage. The only other thing you'd have to do is become a squirrel breeder.

And all you can think of is you and your family not starving to death. What ever happened to supreme sacrofice to ensure our enjoyment?

Ya know, sometimes I just don't know where your mind is,.....

Think of all the children for cod sakes!

;)

Anim

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2004, 03:03:48 AM »
anton name the beer place..ill be there..

Is it too late to make films pyro..I would love to help,,,and gather pilots..

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2004, 10:50:56 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Why not just use a P-38L?  It's by far the sexiest plane in the game, it's the most uber fighter and people will flock to this game just to get a chance to fly the thing.  It could be the new spokesplane for AH, kind of like that little green lizard for that insurance company.

ack-ack

Extreme sound thinking here! This clearly proves the superior intellect of the P38 driver!!

I have some mighty nice filmages here and there..  Such as a P38 or 262 making a vertical pass thru several buff formations..

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2004, 12:32:22 PM »
Dedalos, think back to when you were a new player, what was gameplay like back then?  I assume you learned in that environment & adapted to it.

How is todays MA different? Do you think you would approach the game differently if you were a new player entering today? I think you would.

My opinion is that we should be focusing on gameplay before we work on acquiring more players.

Thank goodness I have a forum where I can post my opinions without being attacked:rofl

Anton

its easier to change gameplay when you have a bunch of unmolded players, rather than a high number of semi old players set in there ways.

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2004, 02:29:49 PM »
Here's an analogy [edited out the term allegory due to switching away from the origional narritive prose I intended when making this post] of player base using common household objects...

The player base in AH is like a pot of boiling water, with players being represented by individual molecules and player skill being represented by their respective molecule's energy state. The burner (that painful addiction we all feel glowing hot beneath us) is constantly increasing the energy state of the pot. The longer you stick around the higher your energy state will likely be. Many skilled players constantly leave as their energy state gets high enough to permit them to break free of the attractive hydrogen bond forces, but some terribly skilled players continue to bounce around inside the pot despite having a significantly higher then average amount of kinetic energy. If you fail to add new water every once in a while too much will have boiled off and the probability that even the talented and addicted players will shoot off in evaporation will increase. Adding too many new players will lower the energy level of the entier pot, yes, and frequent collisions with low energy particles will drag down the high skill level of those few super players. However, once that skill level is a little lower, they arn't nearly as likely to leave in evaporation. The addictive power of AH (the burner) will be greater as a direct result of the lower average skill level. There's always the DA when things get too bad.

-pellik
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 02:31:57 PM by pellik »

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2004, 03:04:10 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Anton: I apoligize for liking to eat.

HiTech

gotta feed 436AK :D

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2004, 04:18:40 PM »
OK 2bighorn, first of all I dont believe yer story at all. Secondly If by some chance it is true, It was for 1 of 2 reasons: 1) my crappy cordless stick is giving me probs. or 2) you were part of a 30 man horde & I logged right after speaking my mind about it. Thirdly if you dont know what I have done to help, you must not know me at all. I always help new guys, & have been known to visit the TA & offer to share what I know, however limited it may be. I will admit I havent been in the TA for a while, likely cause I never see more than 3 or so there.

For those who question my business mentality: Let me say that I believe in standing behind high quality products and services. Let me simplify that for those mentally impaired. Quality over quantity.

Now if for some reason:rolleyes:  numbers have dropped for the first time in years, then I guess we could use more players. But really, the hordes don't need to get any bigger.

Anton

Dont'cha hate that non adjustable "sleep" mode the cordless j/s's go into after a couple of minutes?

Maybe a bunch of new players is what is needed to pop the horde balloon.  Think about it, new players join, get bored with the flying horde, go look for other things to do, voila, we have fights all over the map.  More people could mean more fights taking place, not necessarily a fatter horde.