Author Topic: F4u1d vs f4u1c  (Read 937 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« on: October 16, 2000, 01:45:00 PM »
why does one turn like a spitfire and the other like a corsair?

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2000, 01:45:00 PM »
Nice troll...hehe!

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2000, 03:30:00 PM »
unfortunately not rip .. the C turning like a spit is a bit exgragated .. but there is a notable performance disparity between the two

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2000, 03:55:00 PM »
hi all:

Duckwing, the F4Uc does turn like the spit, and I have had F4Uc's out turn me well I'm in  a spit. the F4Uc is the dweebiest plane of all planes in this sim. it has four 105 howizters for guns, can out turn every plane in the game, and can climb and loop with out loosing any speed. I was in a spit and had what looked like about a 2 to 3 k advantage on a F4Uc, as I started my dive on it, it climbed up and out loopped me to get the one ping shot in and shread my spit. what a crok.
well I am not having a lot of fun playing this sim with the super dweeb plane here, and the reason I am paying $30 a month is to have some fun. so if this super plane is not fixed, why should I continue paying just to get pissed off by all the dweeb pilots that have to fly F-16's (F4Uc) in a game that is suppose to be WWII fighters. and no I will not fly the F-16 (F4Uc) just so I can kill others with a very unfair advantage. either fix it or loose it, but do some thing very soon. and for all those that think this is whinning, think about it. what other plane in this sim has had so much attention and complaints. this is not the first or will it be the last as long as people are aloud to fly an F-16 (F4Uc) in a WWII flight sim game.

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2000, 04:35:00 PM »
I thought Spit was the original Dweeb-plane ?
Who changed it ?

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2000, 04:46:00 PM »

can out turn every plane in the game, and can climb and loop with out loosing any speed. I was in a spit and had what looked like about a 2 to 3 k advantage on a F4Uc, as I started my dive on it, it climbed up and out loopped me to get the one ping shot in and shread my spit

Got some film? The -1C can not come close to out turning, out climbing,  or out looping a Spit.

The only way for this to happen, is if used too steep a dive on your attack and got the speed in your Spitfire up to a point that you have decreased elevator authority (ie you were too fast), and by the time you pulled out you were already way below him, giving him the advantage. And if this happened, its not a -1C FM problem.

And complaints about the guns? Its the exact same gun thats on the Spitfire. So its ok when you use it on the Spitfire, but its a dweeb 105 howitzer on a -1C ??

And if my Yak can out turn and out climb the -1C, I know your Spitfire can.

You guys are blowing things way outta proportions and allowing some major exagerations to creep into your arguements.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

[This message has been edited by Vermillion (edited 10-16-2000).]

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2000, 05:14:00 PM »
F4u C might not turn like spitfire, but it sure does climb closer to something non-corsair plane, while F4u D seems more like corsair (C behaves alot better than D)

funked

F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2000, 05:43:00 PM »
If Corsairs are out-turning your Spit, you're doing something wrong.

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2000, 05:48:00 PM »
Verm, give your head a shake. the F4Uc cannons are way deadleir the the spit cannons. that is why people use the F4uc to attack ground units and not the spit. and no I do not have film. and of course a dweeb pilot will say yeah, I must have been going way to fast in my dive is why the F-16 (F4Uc) was able to suddenly out fly the spit. and yes I know every F-16 (F4Uc) pilot is going to defend there dweeb plane. god forbid they might loose the F-16 (F4Uc) and have to fly a normal WWII fighter.

Now Verm, if you think there is nothing wrong with the F-16 (F4Uc), then you should have no problem with HTC taking another look at this plane and its four 105 howizters. But dont try and tell me its cannons are the same as the spits cannons, maybe you should fly the spit for one week and leave the F-16 (F4Uc) on the ground, but then you would have to really earn your kills and that might hurt your score. so I guess we wont see you in  a spit will we.

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2000, 06:19:00 PM »
Nice troll Citabria.  Unfortunately, it worked a little too well.

Since the intent was lost... I'll contribute to the hooked debate...

I have not had an F4u-1C enter an engagement I was in and get the upperhand due to maneuvering.  Not one single time.  The only F4u-1C death I have endured was due to a blown landing after he hit my fuel tank on a 1:1 then ran off.

I'm not a particularly good pilot.  I don't have extreme ACM skills and don't pretend to be able to go up against even half the pilots in the arena and win.  Why is it that I do not have a problem vs the F4u-1C?  I can't understand why this plane is so difficult for most to combat.

I'd much rather deal with the occasional F4u-1C or two that I see than the horde of spit-IX pilots I've been enduring.  One is definately easier to catch than the other.

Oh.. wait.. what do I know.  I only flew the 1C exclusively last tour and the 1D exclusively this one.  Kinda funny that my K/D and K/S went up in the 1D.

Still amazing that the plane can be considered this "UBER" without 1 second of film to prove it.

AKDejaVu

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2000, 06:35:00 PM »
Perhaps my lack of ACM is showing here but I never have been able to notice much if any difference in the handling or flying capabilities of either of the types. I prefer the D model for one reason only, I prefer the rate of fire of 6 50 cals versus the rate of fire of the 20mm's. I seem to be able to hit better with the 50's.

My main ride is the 47-25 and I can usually kill either F4U if I fly it right. I really only have problems with good pilots regardless of the plane they are flying.

------------------
MarkAT

"It is not the critic who counts,
it is the man in the arena..."
Teddy Roosevelt
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2000, 06:41:00 PM »
Why don't two of you hawg dweebs take a -d and a -c to the TA and get some film of you two running sustained turns?

Offline air_reaper

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.nctc.net/~predator
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2000, 07:05:00 PM »
 Ever been to the air races? One thing you seem to see most of the time is the Corsair taking the far outside on the turns, while Mustangs and Hawkers cut inside. Sometimes I wonder why.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2000, 07:23:00 PM »
Nice one cit   http://www.banthechog.com/

The Chog is an: "i can make an error plane "

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
F4u1d vs f4u1c
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2000, 07:23:00 PM »
sorry wolf. The sijog does NOT outturn a spit.
however it does turn pretty good.
guys it DOES turn better than 1d. I have proved this to myself many times flying both planes. 1d wings even brake off easier than 1c..