Author Topic: Picture of Assault Weapon before and after the ban?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Picture of Assault Weapon before and after the ban?
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2004, 11:26:02 AM »
I can and do make "bullets" and loaded rounds too.   The "bullet" is the projectile and easily cast from wheelweights say.

Again... you should know a litltle something about a subject before you can use "logic" on it.

lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2004, 11:28:21 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
political police chiefs are for the ban...  rank and file officers are not.

As for the candidates... kerrie is for the ban in that he would encourage the banners and get it into the limelight...

Bush is for the ban in that he would just as soon see it quietly go away...

but... you knew all that anyway and were just messing with us right?

lazs

Naah!

Bush said he wanted the ban to continue. He said it in the debate last night. Right out loud. Right after he denied ever saying that he wasn't concerned about Osama Bin Laden.

Actually Bush was the wimp.... "I was against it, but we didn't have the votes........."

Now there's a stand up guy!.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2004, 11:35:12 AM »
yeah shades of sKerry on that one.....he is just trying to mitigate the damage caused by the ban sunsetting amongst weaker minds that might still have enough sense to vote for him.  bush is capable of doublespeak too. he just aint as clever as sKerry when it comes to forceful in your face deception and he uses it at more opportune times.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2004, 11:35:25 AM »
germany 1934, "to protect the people and have a peacefull society we will now collect all privately owned guns"

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2004, 11:48:25 AM »
Laz, the remark about "nukes don't kill people, tyrants do" was directed against the logic that "guns don't kill people, people do."

I don't think we're worried about the nukes in NK because they might accidently go off. I think we're worried they might shoot them at someone, or more importantly, give them more bargaining power from simply having them. I know it has nothing to do with the second ammendment, but I'm only talking about the logic. You cant tell the honest law abiding citizens in high crime areas, not to worry because "guns don't kill people, people do." Yes - knives kill too, and baseball bats and hammers. But its a lot easier to get caught in a crossfire of guns than it is a knife fight. And this happens a LOT in inner cities. Bullets start flying, and all of a sudden a kid playing on the sidewalk is dead, a lady driving by on the way to church is dead, and some poor guy just waiting for a bus is dead.

Then the argument comes out - well get tougher on crime! Good argument if everyone in this country was a rational thinking being. But unfortunately when some crack head is mad because he was scammed for a few rocks, chances are he is not thinking about the penalties for a gun crime, and nor is he overly worried about any unlucky bystander that happens to be in the way of his drive by.

Well why does a criminal have a gun anyway? Because he's a criminal and guns are as common as acorns. Shouldn't be hard for even a nutty squirel to get a hold of one.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2004, 11:56:08 AM »
Thanks for informing me of what a bullet is :) I'm so pleased you know how to load shot.

There are a lot of neat things you can make. But when you start buying in bulk, certain components, expect an early morning visit from the feds

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2004, 12:03:39 PM »
well it's my opinion that it's not the gun thats at fault but the gun owner.

i have a loaded 38 siting on my desk (at home) and it have never tryed to shoot me , of course i treat it good, i clean and oil it, excercise it often at the range, so it is a happy and well adjusted gun.

but i can understand if a gun is neglected and ignored and becomes dusty and rusty it could turn on it's owner or a stranger. so if you can't care for your gun please take it to a gun store and let them find a owner that will care for it.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2004, 12:13:45 PM »
>>Whaa? Are you some kind of liberal?

Criminals in high crime areas (you didnt say high gun accident areas) dont murder other people accidentaly because the guns misfire. They do it because they intend to kill or harm the other person. The only thing an NRA gun handling course could teach such criminals is how to shoot better.<<

I'm not talking about arming the criminals. I'm talking about getting more responsible gun owners in the areas needed most- like inner cities.

600,000 Americans are confronted with a gun each year. Most are in the inner city. We need to arm the people living in the inner city.

It just seems silly for some guy in a little town (populaton 5 - not counting the raccoons) to be deadbolted in for the night with 25 well oiled, fully loaded guns. Just as silly as some law abiding family to have no gun in a high crime inner city neighborhood. We need to get the NRA to those neighborhoods.

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2004, 12:50:47 PM »
Raptor:  Look through this thread for weapons that were legal during the AWB:   http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98497&highlight=AWB+pics.
Some posts mention what they will look like after the ban expired, i.e. adding multi-position stocks, removing muzzle brakes and installing the original flash hider.  

Tweety:  Getting inner city kids off the streets and doing almost ANY organized activity seems to work well.  Basketball teams, swimming, baseball, football -whatever may help keep them away from trouble is good.  Teaching firearms responsibility to the masses is excellent.  I shot smallbore for four years in high school.  There were only four high schools on the entire island which had rifle teams during my time about 12-15 years ago.  Now even some of our $10k/year tuition private high schools have air-rifle teams.  Learning about firearms from serious, certified instructors is a lot better than them learning through the stupid TV, Hollywood, a gang member, or even firearms misinformation sites.  But what does this have to do with the AWB and "assault weapons?"

mauser

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2004, 01:00:08 PM »
OMG another moron using the personal nuke argument.

God I have been hearing that since high school and it is still just an stupid.

If criminals are using full auto weapons, they were not legal assault weapons purchased at Big5.

Full auto firearms have been strictly regulated since the 30s, and  no one can buy them without a permit from the Fed government.

The law was a waste of time and all about pleasing idiots.

Offline tce2506

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2004, 01:36:48 PM »
Oh - btw - hitting a bullseye with the aid of a mechanical device (scope, lazer) is not much of a sport either.[/QUOT
Tweety, that statement alone shows you don't know enough about firearms to comment on them.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2004, 02:46:48 PM »
tweety... we probly don't have the right to tell nations that they can or can't have nukes... it is only because we are powerful that we can.   The arguement that private citizens within  country should have em or not has nothing to do with any kind of logic so far as firearms are concerned.

and... I don't see any data that would support that armed citizens cause problems ... the data shows the oppossite... that the more citizens you arm the better off you are..  the less crime.  The percent of so called assault rifles used in crime is so small as to be insignificant... hardly worth taking away a law abiding citizens rights over.

I am having trouble following your "logic".... you seem to be all over the map and seem to be quoting myths and missconceptions.

MT... you do not agree with my perception of the situation?

It is like the "toxic mold" issue.   All mold is just.... mold..  the "toxic" label was invented by.... guess who?   taaa daaa.... personal injury lawyers.    There is no mold that is "toxic" to more than a miniscule part of the population... they are alergic just as they may be alergic to horses...  We do not call em "toxic horses".

lazs

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2004, 02:50:36 PM »
lazs is right. this time.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2004, 02:56:24 PM »
did I read vort correctly?

lazs

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2004, 03:16:31 PM »
They banned the wrong guns anyway.  They SHOULD have banned those little .25 semi-autos.  They get more people killed than "assult weapons".

Namely the ones using the .25s.

I know somebody shoots ME with one, he better have spare clips and lots of bullets.  And have me tied up.  And be really close.  Drugging me first wouldnt hurt either.  

Eventually I'll die of lead poisoning from the bullets that manage to break the skin if he leaves me tied up and drugged.  Or maybe screw up the drug dosage and I'll OD.

If not I'll hunt him down and beat him with the gun (the only EFFECTIVE way to hurt somebody with one of those little plinkers) until he bleeds to death.

Who wants full auto noise makers anyway?  Messy.  Give me my Moisin-Nagent M44 and a clear line of sight, one bullet will do the job of your 75 round drums and at a range that leaves me able to stand up and walk away without anyone seeing who did the shooting lol.