Author Topic: Picture of Assault Weapon before and after the ban?  (Read 1773 times)

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Picture of Assault Weapon before and after the ban?
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2004, 06:35:38 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
>>the militia was defined as any able bodied man.<<

What is a "WELL REGULATED" militia defined as? Because thats what the ammendment states - a militia subject to *regulations* and it should be "well regulated' which implies someone must do the regulating - who?

Dude, bale out.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2004, 09:18:12 PM »
Originally posted by mauser
DREDIOCK, did you see my response?  

oh, Yes I did right after my last reply.
Thank you very much
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2004, 09:28:34 PM »
No problem DREDIOCK :).

mauser

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2004, 09:50:06 PM »
My wife bought me a CETME 58 for my 50th birthday. It differs from the pre-ban models in that the pinned in place bayonet lug was removed and replaced with a pinned in cap. So yeah, the ban was quite worthless and had zero effect on violent crime.

It's chambered in 7.62mm x 51mm NATO, and Malaysian surplus belted ammo is plentiful, cheap and accurate. Ya just gotta pop the rounds out of the links. I buy it locally in ammo cans of 200 rounds for $20 a can. Just about as cheap as new production Russian made 7.62mm x 39mm ammo for the AK, AKM and SKS. Just buy it in bulk (5 cans at a time). I usually purchase 7.62mm x 39mm ammo in cases of 1,100 rounds, all in boxes of 20 ea. That's a bit easier on my thumbs than stripping NATO ammo off of links. ;)

The CEMTE 58 was developed in Spain from a WWII prototype design smuggled out of Germany after the war. Oddly enough, West Germany had to purchase a license from CETME to develop their own version, the H&K G3.

Great rifle at very reasonable prices. I haven't taken any photos of it, but found a photo of the exact same rifle on the web.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2004, 10:37:10 PM »
>>and... yes I know how to reload ammo... we do not call it "load shot" unless you are talking about reloading shotgun shells.
<<

Forgive me. We that kill possums call it load shot.
The fact that you are an expert has been made painfully clear. Whether or not I believe it is another matter, and unimportant.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2004, 12:48:21 AM »
No problem DREDIOCK :).

mauser

She hasnt called me back to confront the point I was trying to make which usually means she submits to having lost the arguement.:aok
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2004, 02:16:28 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
She hasnt called me back to confront the point I was trying to make which usually means she submits to having lost the arguement.:aok

Hehe... nice going there.  Glad I was able to help someone out in this place :).  Now, there are probably millions more who are as misinformed...  too bad we can't get to all of them.

mauser

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2004, 08:34:35 AM »
Hehe... nice going there.  Glad I was able to help someone out in this place :).  Now, there are probably millions more who are as misinformed...  too bad we can't get to all of them.

mauser

Her and I argue regularly. On just about everything

She has these big buttons that I just cant resist pushing

no not THOSE buttons although those arent too bad either
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2004, 08:36:35 AM »
Widewing. Was that gun covered under "the Ban"?
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2004, 10:30:42 AM »
tweety... I have never claimed to be an expert.   It is a lifelong hobby for me that I enjoy and... I feel that I am doing myself, my familyu and my country a service by owning and knowing how to use firearms.

The fact is... I only seem like an expert when compared to the gun grabbers who allways make it painfully obvious that they know little to nothing about firearms.

I am interested in your viewpoint tho as I believe it is one shared by a lot of people with very little of no experiance with firearms.  I believe that since the media is so overwhelmingly anti gun that you have been missled.   If I can dispel any myths that you may have come to believe then I am at your service.

I believe that the more light that is shown on the subject the more that gun rights will be secure in this country.   The gun grabbers work on fear and myth and ignorance.

lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2004, 10:32:35 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

MT is relatively correct

Liked that part.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2004, 10:37:28 AM »
course... so are the guys who claim that the supreme court has never said that the second meant states rights over individual rights..

neither side feels confident enough to plead their case.   The evidence of more concealled carry slowing crime is good for the gun rights guys but the continued media assault and litigation slant plays to the gun grabbers...

we will have to see.  Hitler managed it as did stalin.  

lazs

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2004, 12:34:57 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Widewing. Was that gun covered under "the Ban"?

Yes. They got around it by using a high percentage of "compliance" parts. The receiver and most of the action was made in the USA. Barrels and stocks are Spanish made.

Basically, most weapons affected by the assault weapons bill were available throughout the time period. I bought an AKM and an another SKS during that time span. Likewise, the magazine restrictions were a non-factor. There are countless millions of CETME magazines and many times more AK mags that were grandfathered in. The ban was a feel-good law that made a half-assed effort to fix what wasn't broken anyway.

Violence is a cultural issue. The choice of weapon is inconsequential to addressing the underlying problem. If not assault weapons and pistols, then knives and clubs will do. The fact is that some people are frightened by firearms. Thus, they don't want anyone to have anything that scares them. Legislation by paranoia is bound to fail, always has, always will.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2004, 12:45:57 PM »
Violence is a cultural issue. The choice of weapon is inconsequential to addressing the underlying problem.

Stop making sense --- NOW!!!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2004, 01:18:34 PM »
Have you no feelings!!!  Can you not see the evil aura of "assault weapons"????  My gawd... they are black!

lazs