Author Topic: Marines war criminals?  (Read 6969 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2004, 09:02:14 PM »
Still trying to justify of executioning of a wounded prisoner of a war who was captured by US troops day before?

Okay; it's your choice.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2004, 09:13:51 PM »
Originally posted by Staga
Still trying to justify of executioning of a wounded prisoner of a war who was captured by US troops day before?

Okay; it's your choice.

He isn't a prisoner of war.  He's a terrorist.  They should shoot them all.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2004, 09:19:19 PM »

Okay; it's your choice.

Some international legal experts are saying that it was justified. The main question is weather he was a prisoner.

Why not wait to hear the real details before becoming such a frothing lunatic?

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2004, 09:50:14 PM »
Nuke they can't wait because they have too much fun bashing the US sesrvice members and using cute little terms like nazi for those who may not agree with them. :rolleyes:  If they wait there may be information that they won't like or find out their rant might not have been justified.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #199 on: November 16, 2004, 09:54:15 PM »

Okay; it's your choice.

I give Staga...stalemate.

Not gonna argue what is clearly not the same as lining up civilians and killing them.

You wanna be sympathetic to the Insurgents or "Civilians" as you called em..then so be it.

Have a nice life
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #200 on: November 16, 2004, 10:12:08 PM »
Sheeesh, give our soldiers a friggin break already. If the Iraqi "freedom fighters" didn't use tatics like booby trapping bodies, or blowing themselves up to take out an enemy, then we wouldn't have to make damn sure they were dead before we could consider them neutralized. WTF do you think happened at Iwo Jima in WW2? Same thing- the enemy is there to fight, and willing to die to take you out.

This Marine did the right thing- he perceived a threat from a known enemy, presumably willing to die for his cause, and he acted most prudently...the number one priority in a war is to get your bellybutton home in one piece.If anything this should be a training video on how to treat enemies willing to blow themselves up just to take you out.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #201 on: November 16, 2004, 11:16:12 PM »
Ahh... Guess you think SS-troops weren't then bad at all; they just executed civilians they thought were in "Resistance" like good soldiers should do then and now.

Okay :)

i think you miss the point

Topic is about 1 or couple marines who commited crime
not about unit who was dedicated to sloughter civilians

you cannot compare whole corps of mostly honorable mens to unit of criminals
even if that war is unfair

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #202 on: November 16, 2004, 11:53:21 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I stand behind the marine.

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #203 on: November 16, 2004, 11:55:47 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
The more I think about it, the more I stand behind the marine.

same here

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2004, 11:56:41 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Sheeesh, give our soldiers a friggin break already. If the Iraqi "freedom fighters" didn't use tatics like booby trapping bodies, or blowing themselves up to take out an enemy, then we wouldn't have to make damn sure they were dead before we could consider them neutralized. WTF do you think happened at Iwo Jima in WW2? Same thing- the enemy is there to fight, and willing to die to take you out.

This Marine did the right thing- he perceived a threat from a known enemy, presumably willing to die for his cause, and he acted most prudently...the number one priority in a war is to get your bellybutton home in one piece.If anything this should be a training video on how to treat enemies willing to blow themselves up just to take you out.

what he said

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2004, 12:30:47 AM »

Okay; it's your choice.

Best thing about this situation is that we didn't subject ourselves to any world court so your opinion really doesn't mean squat. The most you can do about it is post your angst here.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2004, 12:35:08 AM »
Heres the bigger question: is Columbus In fact.......

HIMMLER!!!!!!!!!!!OH  JEEBUS!!!!!!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2004, 01:05:19 AM »
Originally posted by Dago
Rush to judgement without the facts tards.  You do Dan Rather proud.

dago

Don't have the link off hand but watch the unedited version of the video.  Think it was a NBC embedded reporter that shot the footage.

In the part of the video they've shown on TV where it's blacked out is the part that will show the Marine firing a burst at close range into the Iraqi that was cleary severly wounded and unarmed.  There is also voice shouting out right before the gunshots that one of the Iraqi wounded was only playing dead.  Seconds afterwards is when the other Marine lets off a burst that hit the Iraqi in the chest and head, blood splattering the walls behind him.  

Sometimes the facts do speak for themselves.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2004, 01:25:13 AM »
cleary severly wounded and unarmed

Funny, I saw the same video and concluded he could have easily had a grenade on his person.  I'm amazed that you could see in his pockets and in his wasteband.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2004, 02:00:40 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
Funny, I saw the same video and concluded he could have easily had a grenade on his person.  I'm amazed that you could see in his pockets and in his wasteband.

also wallet, medications, portrait of saddam,flowers ..........
or even wmd