Author Topic: Marines war criminals?  (Read 6967 times)

Offline Tinpot

• Copper Member
If
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2004, 07:22:44 AM »
You are going to war on some moral high pretext ( restoring democracy to a country crushed by a dictator perhaps? ) You'd better make damn sure that your troops maintain that moral high ground. descending to the level of some of your opponents destroys your moral legitimacy.

Sometimes you have to rise above the lowest level! Shooting unarmed woulnded people is decending.

We should just get out of there. Iraq is a new vietnam with one difference. Our idiot government has got us involved too!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2004, 08:26:39 AM »
staga... I would not condem an SS trooper of WWII for shooting a wounded civilian freedom fighter who had been shooting at him earlier and whos buddies had in the past played ded to further aggression.

If the trooper says that he thought the guy was making a susspicio0us move... that is good enough for me.    The nazis made no such pretense or claim.    Like most european armies they simply slaughtered civilians and wounded as a matter of course.

the best place for a german male born after 1915 to be was in a U.S. prison camp.
lazs

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2004, 08:33:58 AM »
You'd better make damn sure that your troops maintain that moral high ground.
====
130,000 people, a few will screw up.  Get over it.

Sometimes you have to rise above the lowest level! Shooting unarmed woulnded people is decending.
====
you weren't there.  didn't hear, feel, smell, sense in any way any thing other than whatever media you choose to believe has told you.

We should just get out of there. Iraq is a new vietnam with one difference. Our idiot government has got us involved too!
====
You were in vietnam?  If so your statement here has some validity.  If not.........

the contribution of your country is small enough to allow for a pretty rapid withdrawl if it becomes necessary to retreat (with alot of people thinking like you its a likely outcome anyway).  In fact, Im surprised the UK is still in Iraq, it being all horrible and everything.

all in all a pretty depressing post there tinbot
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2004, 08:39:12 AM »
fd-ski wrote :

Reverse the situation and tell me it would be justified.

You all would be breaking your keyboards posting about "fuc.ing barbaric *******s executing helpless man"...

Hypocrites.

Every US serviceman knows his obligations within Geneva Convention. I'm sure this trooper does as well.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2004, 08:40:34 AM »
Originally posted by Staga
No idea what Ripsnort says and couldn't care less; I got tired of his cut'n'pastes and put him on my ignore list with Martlet :)

Would someone kindly quote reply to my post above so that Staga *can* see what I said about him?  :)  Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 08:53:22 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2004, 08:43:36 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Oh, and the BBSAS is now at Alert code color YELLOW--"ELEVATED".

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=131907&referrerid=3203

Heh.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2004, 08:55:06 AM »
Originally posted by Staga
Still trying to justify of executioning of a wounded prisoner of a war who was captured by US troops day before?

Okay; it's your choice.

Are you that ignorant or did you have to learn stupidity Staga?  Seems to have came natural to you.  Even after it's all explained to you you still rant your idiotic spewl.  Have you ever served?  Ever been in combat pissant? Ohhh wait you're Norweigian, that explains alot now. Moron.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2004, 08:59:45 AM »
Originally posted by AWMac
Are you that ignorant or did you have to learn stupidity Staga?  Seems to have came natural to you.  Even after it's all explained to you you still rant your idiotic spewl.  Have you ever served?  Ever been in combat pissant? Ohhh wait you're Norweigian, that explains alot now. Moron.

fd-ski wrote :

Reverse the situation and tell me it would be justified.

You all would be breaking your keyboards posting about "fuc.ing barbaric *******s executing helpless man"...

Hypocrites.

Every US serviceman knows his obligations within Geneva Convention. I'm sure this trooper does as well.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2004, 09:11:30 AM »
Ok... if Americans were boobytrapping our dead and pretending to surrender and then oppening up on uniformed soliers in iraq and pretending to be wounded...

I guess I wouldn't/couldn't blame an iraqi soldier who shot an American wounded in civilian clothes who had been shooting at him earlier and was moving to get a grenade or wallet or .... something.

there... I put myself in the reverse situation.   happy now?

lazs

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #219 on: November 17, 2004, 09:14:17 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Ok... if Americans were boobytrapping our dead and pretending to surrender and then oppening up on uniformed soliers in iraq and pretending to be wounded...

I guess I wouldn't/couldn't blame an iraqi soldier who shot an American wounded in civilian clothes who had been shooting at him earlier and was moving to get a grenade or wallet or .... something.

there... I put myself in the reverse situation.   happy now?

lazs

No,

So the Iraqi was not wounded? And he was boobytrapped?

The mosque had been used by insurgents to attack US forces, who had stormed it a day earlier, killing 10 militants and wounding five.

At least three severely wounded men are seen in a room inside the building - two are slumped against one of the walls, partially covered with a blanket.

The NBC's Kevin Sites says the wounded men had been left in the mosque after being treated by a group of marines following Friday's fighting.

Mr Sites says soldiers from a different unit went and apparently shot the men again on Saturday without knowing whether they were armed.

"Then one of the marines points his rifle at the head of one of the injured, an old man, saying, 'He's faking he's dead'," Mr Sites' description continues.

"The sound of a shot is then heard. And in the background, another soldier says, 'Well, he's dead now'."

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #220 on: November 17, 2004, 09:17:53 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
No,

So the Iraqi was not wounded? And he was boobytrapped?

Not THAT particular one, but many others...what Lazs is trying to say is, better to be sure rather than chance them taking you with them.  After all, these guys don't take prisoners except if they plan on filming the execution.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #221 on: November 17, 2004, 09:21:05 AM »
Not THAT particular one, but many others...what Lazs is trying to say is, better to be sure rather than chance them taking you with them.  After all, these guys don't take prisoners except if they plan on filming the execution.

So, you "good guys" are better than the Iraqi barbarians how?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #222 on: November 17, 2004, 09:28:17 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
So, you "good guys" are better than the Iraqi barbarians how?

99.9% are "good guys", you're always going to have a wild one in the bunch...on the other hand, the enemy is 99.9% evil as you've evidently been watching on the news I'm sure.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #223 on: November 17, 2004, 09:29:43 AM »
99.9% are "good guys", you're always going to have a wild one in the bunch...on the other hand, the enemy is 99.9% evil as you've evidently been watching on the news I'm sure.

So we agree that what he did was wrong then?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #224 on: November 17, 2004, 09:34:37 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Um ... define "evil" Ripsnort.

Beheading hostages.